• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Form of Movement/Transportation in Zelda?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread similar to this, I did look...

So anyway what form of movement/transportation do you like the best? Do you like just strolling around with Link, Rolling with Link, Backwards running (OoT) Ect. Or other forms of movement like flying around on Loftwings, sailing, horse riding....well you get the point haha!

Personally I loved rolling around as a Goron in Majoras Mask, not only is it one of the fastest forms of transportation in the game but if you powered it up you would transform into an unstoppable rolling rock with spikes, destroying anything in your path :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Equestrian

The horse. In Ocarina of Time Epona blew me away. No other game had provided the horse mechanic. TP only expanded this excellent mechanic with new items and even a horse battle with Ganondorf. The Loftwing can do some impressive things, but the horse did it first and did it best.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Sailing. More so in PH than in TWW. I hated it when KORL told me I couldn't go to such and such a place. I'm the captain, you're the boat. You're supposed to sail where I tell you to, so shut up you hunk of wood!

Plus, the S.S Linebeck is customizable. I get to make the ship look like what I want it to.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Epona. Nintendo needs to stop trying to fix something they had right over 10 years ago.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Walking. I prefer to walk everywhere, no matter how far it is. It feels more adventurous to me that way.

As far as actual modes of transportation go, I'd say the Loftwing is my favorite. It was just designed the best. The controls were very smooth and easy to get the hang of, and the movements were very fluid. The Loftwing could move in virtually any direction, including up and down. It could charge and even attack with the Spiral Charge, too. It's much better than any of the other modes of transportation in the series.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Running/Rolling with Link
There is just something about running around Hyrule with Link that's great. I put rolling on there too because rolling is faster and it's peaceful to hear Link yell over and over again :P

Epona
I just love to ride around Hyrule on Epona. It also makes moving from place to place faster and I'm lazy.

King of Red Lions
Even though it's kind of annoying to sail around The Great Sea. It's just realy fun to explore and find treasure.

Sailing on King of Red Lions for so many reasons. It feels freeing, it makes the game feel like an actual adventure, there is always a sense of discovery, KoRL looks so cool, the items are well implemented, and we have a free camera <3 free cameras are a must while traveling <3

octorok74

TETTAC
I like walking with Link. I like hearing the crunching of the grass. Other than that I would say riding Epona. Fast and it seems fitting for the type of game. And Epona looks pretty cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Movement: [video=youtube;YJYlWrdXvnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJYlWrdXvnc[/video]

Transportation: I honestly think that Epona in Twilight Princess is my favorite mode of transportation. Horses in general are my preferred transportation in video games (well...motorcycles are also a great choice imo). But, I don't have much of an opinion on it! D:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Running around. The reason being is because sometimes if you are on a horse you may pass some things up, same if you are teleporting. So, if you are walking around, you can catch some things you may forget otherwise.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I like running, and riding on Epona. But I have to say my MOST favorite was in Twilight Princess when you could warp from one place to another! :)

I also REALLY enjoy the train in Spirit Tracks! It was fun to control! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom