• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats the Worst Thing That Has Happened to You when Playing a Zelda Game?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have the same story as a lot. MM. There were many times I didn't save or the cartridge was crooked. One that comes to mind that is unique is when I finished the Snowhead temple and it took forever to get all the fairies. I got them, beat the temple and saved the game. Problem is, I forgot to go back to the fountain and give the Queen back her faires. Had to do it all over again.

F

Fierce_Midna333

I haven't really had a truly horrible experience while playing zelda (I'm scared what I will face after posting this), but I would say the worst that I've experienced was while I was playing WW, I just beat the Forest Haven temple boss, and as Link was spinning back into the Forest Haven after saving Makar (teleporting from the blue light thing to get out of the dungeon), and right then, a notification popped up and said "This disc could not be read" and I hadn't saved for a while... I fixed it and got it back to working though :)

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
I havent had too many terrible experiences, except for the common falling off a bridge or whatever. Probably the worst was when I had about 2 dungeons left in LoZ, and when I tuned it off I forgot to hold down reset so it decided to erase all of my data.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Nothing has happened to me...yet....but when I bought Wind Waker used from Gamestop, it kept on saying "Disc not read..." so I got very mad, but I went back later to get a disc that worked.

Z

Zaphio

It was in WW at the Earth Temple, I was used to the Oot ReDeads, and I thought that the ones in WW wouldn't be any different.Then I found one and began fighting it, I L-targeted it and it gave its shreik at me.Here's how I reacted: "OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD!!!!!!!" (The whole house heard that) And I wouldn't play WW for about 2 days.

I

I love OoT

I was playing majoras mask when i was terribly afraid of redeads, so i warped to ikana canyon and i ran into a gibdo, so this scared me so much i jumped out of my seat and pulled the n64 to the ground causing it to freeze with the scream of the gibdo in an endless loop.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
So, innocent little me...playing Zelda OoT. My mother was in love with the game, and I was so little, I just liked making Link to backflips in Kokiri Forest. So, I was adventuring as adult Link and thought, "I wanna buy stuff! 8)" So, I went to Castle Town. The horror of hearing those girly screams and watching poor Link be violated litteraly brought me to tears. I freaked out, and and turned off the game. While watching my mom play the game at night, I had to clutch a pillow everytime she entered or left the temple of time as an adult.

To this day I cannot go down the well in Kakariko Village. Nope. Won't do it.

M

mockat96

Same here, Zaphio! And then my parents decided that I shouldn't be able to play Wind Waker until my younger brother went to bed. They later retracted that decision, but still.

B

bomberlink

hmmm its easy

Hey Flatx thats the same way i used to be but then i used the sun song every time i saw one it was MUCH easier try that in the well and the shadow temple youll get used to them!

Ikana

Trollkastel
Worst thing that ever happened to me was when I was going through Stone Tower Temple.I was at the very end I managed to get every single stray fairies and was almost done with the temple.I was playing this on the N64 and my dog got all excited at I cant remember and she hit my N64 which messed up my game.Oh was I mad it took me a few days just to get my interest to do the whole temple again.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
After completing a fairly substantial amount of work, I saved the game. Turned it on the next day to find that my file completely gone.
Yeah, happened to me once. I started the game, played until the entrance of Woodfall Temple and saved at the Owl Statue there. Next time I turned it on, it started from dawn of Day 1. I was so frusstrated.
Another occasion was when I beat Kalle Demos, I went to talk to Makar, and Link was stuck inside him! It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

What do you do when you only have one row of hearts, a gameshark and a little curiosity? extra hearts :P well not really a bad thing depending on how you look at it but but basically what I did was leave most of the heart peices alone during the game but had the now standard have all hearts code, unlike what I thought, when you exced the amount of hearts that you can have, the game dousn't stop adding hearts...it actually is kind of.....untill you realizes that it doesn't work. That heart will act as if it were "dead" or as if you took a hit. But the funny thing is that it work the next time I tried it, all the new hearts worked fine :eek: well brobobly not something bad just something interesing I thought I would share.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
One time, I haven't slightest idea how I managed it, but I somehow got myself in a situation in the final dungeon of Link's Awakening where I needed a key to continue, but I needed a key just to get another key. So I was stuck. Royally screwed as they say. So I had to totally restart the game.
Another time playing through Link's Awakening, I was playing with the screen warp glitch, and then I somehow stumbled into Eagle's Tower. I soon discovered that the path I took into there was one-way. No amount of screen warping could get me out. And because I never unlocked the door, I couldn't get out the entrance. For some odd reason I saved in there before realizing that. So another game restart.

F

Falcool

Managed to hit the reset button just after I had cleared the second dungeon in Majoras Mask... Also froze when I was in the great bay temple (I have the Gamecube version). Both of those cases were very... frustrating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom