• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Let's hold out and wait for confirmation on what the level system will present. Just because the words "level system" appear in sequence does not mean the idea is bad. We've only heard dev quotes; we haven't seen anything in action. I can't say it will work and I can't say it will not work.

Also, I have to say this: just because levels are involved does not mean skill means next to nothing. Skill is still entirely relevant; it just is said not to be the focal point with Smash3DS.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, I at least hope Sonic and Snake will return. They add diversity and fun. Nintendo seems to be on good terms with Konami, and Sonic is for now Nintendo-exclusive. So it seems likely they will be back. Is there any confirmation of this?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Well, I at least hope Sonic and Snake will return. They add diversity and fun. Nintendo seems to be on good terms with Konami, and Sonic is for now Nintendo-exclusive. So it seems likely they will be back. Is there any confirmation of this?

Unfortunately, there has been no confirmation. I personally see no good reason to remove Snake or Sonic. Calling that they will return.

You saying that they "add diversity and fun" is agreeable, yeah, and it's true they've opened up new options for the roster, but the extend that third party characters will appear is being greatly over-exaggerated by the fans, I find. When I see fan-made rosters with ten third party characters, god help them.

Judging by this, it seems as though Sakurai agrees. However, I take the Capcom quote above as "There's a chance of another third party character". Giving these, I say one or two third party characters, at most.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Sroa Link said:
You didn't mention Capcom, if I recall, they said there might be Capcom characters in the new super smash bros., but I could be wrong.

You're thinking of Namco Bandai. God forbid Capcom messed with Smash Bros.

DarkestLink said:
I don't recall SSB or SSBM having levels...

Individual modes like Classic, Adventure, and Event Match are divided into levels.

K4K said:
Sakurai feels it would be wrong to create a mere extension like Melee and Brawl were. To increase the volume of content only (such as a greater number of characters and stages) and make it more visually impressive would not be enough.

This statement has been tugging at my brain for awhile. Melee was a huge leap from the original whereas Brawl was a smaller jump, refining the strong sequel that was Melee. Although Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a SSB wannabe, the series now has competition. After 14 years, the franchise is due a makeover but I'm nervous of the direction the series might take. We'll find out soon enough.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
No niqqa, he meant levels as in driven by Experience. No SSB game has ever been exp-driven.

Ah, sorry about that. The idea's appealing if it's implemented correctly. Rather than rush for the Smash Ball, players could gain experience through dealing damage to their opponents unlocking their character's final smash once they've accumulated enough experience. Life time totals would carry over to the in-game shop. Experience could also be used to unlock alternate character skins and gear for fighter customization.

Salem

SICK
Ah, sorry about that. The idea's appealing if it's implemented correctly. Rather than rush for the Smash Ball, players could gain experience through dealing damage to their opponents unlocking their character's final smash once they've accumulated enough experience. Life time totals would carry over to the in-game shop. Experience could also be used to unlock alternate character skins and gear for fighter customization.
Combo system from Street Fighter???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom