• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Ever Video Game That You Played?

Hylian_Josh

Legen -wait for it- DARY!
I grew up with two older sisters who loved playing New Super Mario for SNES and my dad loved Link to The Past and I used to always run around in the area around Hyrule Castle because my dad didn't want me to screw up his file and my two sisters wouldn't dare let me play on theirs. XD
So what was your first game? Mine has always been Zelda since day 1.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ooh, that's a tough one for me. That depends on what the first game I ever played or the first one I ever beat was.

If it was the very first game I ever played... it was something on the Atari 2600. I think it was... Pitfall? Or was it Centipede? Idunno, it all just sorta melded together.

But for the first game I ever beat, that's unquestionably Donkey Kong Country. That's part of the reason I have such an attachment to that game.

Hylian_Josh

Legen -wait for it- DARY!
Ooh, that's a tough one for me. That depends on what the first game I ever played or the first one I ever beat was.

If it was the very first game I ever played... it was something on the Atari 2600. I think it was... Pitfall? Or was it Centipede? Idunno, it all just sorta melded together.

But for the first game I ever beat, that's unquestionably Donkey Kong Country. That's part of the reason I have such an attachment to that game.

Love DKC. I still play it on my SNES all the time.

Salem

SICK
It might be something on the Atari 2600, it might be joust or that car game by Nintendo, I really don't remember, other than that early NES games like Super Mario Bros.

I can't remember, so I'm just gonna have to trust my gut and say the first game I ever played was the same as the first I owned, which would be Pokemon Yellow Version. I got it along with a Pokemon-themed Gameboy Color for my sixth birthday. I'll never forget the first time I beat the Elite Four, just... pure video game euphoria...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(Player%27s_Choice).png

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm, I think it was between two or three games: Ridge Racer, Croc, and Crash Bandicoot Warped. I'm pretty sure it was RR just because that game was packaged with my PS1; however I don't consider it my first true game as I hardly played it, lol.

So that leaves me with the other two and man were they great games that will last forever within my memory just because there were the first real gaming experiences that I have ever had. I think I was around 4 or 5, so my expectations for games were quite low and obviously at the time these games felt like the most amazing, high tech thing in the world. I loved the fast paced plarformer action of Crash Bandicoot while I appreciated the more adventure type plarformer of Croc. Looking back, neither game was perfect and sure they have a lot of flaws, but my sheer enjoyment experiencing them is much greater than any detailed analysis.

I feel we are too critical nowadays, we can't judge a game on experience alone; there is always a standard, a certain expectation that obscures our view. I miss gaming back than, everything felt more enjoyable and natural while nowadays there is too much judgement and hostility when deciding a view on a game.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
I have a feeling it was Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm not sure, though. I've been playing videogames since I was a wee lad.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Game in general I can't say, because my sisters had an Amstrad and we had a small selection of games on it that I got to play. But video game in specific, my first game was Super Mario Bros. on the NES. My sister and I would compete on who could make it the furthest without losing a life (and without warping). My record was 6-3, hers was 6-4.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hmm, I guess there's 2 sorta moments.

The first game I ever played a little bit of with my brothers would be Sonic Chaos on the Master System. :P Pretty much all the games I first played was with them, taking turns and the like. We weren't exactly well off and we only had the Master System, a chipped PS1, and the PC around the time when the PS2 was out so there was a lot of fighting to play. Being the youngest, I got the least game time. We borrowed an N64 from some neighbours and I watched my brother play Ocarina of Time all the way through, loved it.

The first game I ever sat down and played myself, without any of my brothers, I remember to be Final Fantasy 8, on the PC. When my brother clearly stole a PC or something, though he's always denied it, and gave it to me for my birthday, I finally had time to play on my own. And it was really the game that made me think "Wow, this is so much fun!" And then I went onto games like Half Life and Deus Ex and it really made me realise games are spectacular things, and I loved the interactivity over just watching like in a movie. Only could afford a new game every few months so made use of many mods.

^ I've always said growing up like that is also the reason why I complain less about stuff in the Industry. I think people take it for granted how lucky they are to be able to enjoy a quite luxurious hobby like gaming. :P

Dan

Sonic the hedgehog™ 2 for the Sega Megadrive™, or perhaps it was Sonic the Hedgehog™. I recall playing both at the early age of two years.

I've posted about the times of my early gaming enough by now, so I'll leave that statement bby.

Pen

The game is on!
In my family I'm the only one interested in video games. None of my family members have the slightest interest in it. :( Despite that my parents gave me a Game Boy Color with Pokémon Pinball when I was five. So yeah, that was my first game, and since then I've continued exploring the wonderful world of Nintendo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom