• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Single Aspect of Zelda Would You Want Nintendo to Expand Upon?

Djinn

and Tonic
This idea came to me after thinking about how Skyward Sword would explain the origin of the master sword. While Minish Cap told us everything about Vaati and the Four Sword. While also giving us another game with Vaati as a main villain other than Ganon. OoT game us the origin of Ganondorf and how he came to power. And showed us the creation of Hyrule by the golden goddesses. Tingle's rosy Rupeeland gave us a Tingle adventure as well as explained his insanity.

If you were given a chance to have Nintendo expand on just one single aspect of the Zelda series what would it be? Out of all the mysteries, stories, theories, minigames, characters, items, and lands ever to appear in the entire series since the very first game, what would you wish Nintendo would finally give us more of?

Would you like to finally have the Gorons explained? Understand what the sheikah really are and why they are important to the royal family? Or would you want an aspect of the game expanded, like using masks to transform into certain races, or more specifically, playing as a zora?

Remember though, only one aspect could be expanded upon.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Personally, i'd like Nintendo to expand on everything. How every race came to be, how the royal family was formed, who the first queen/king was, why they became king/queen, why Hyrule was overrun with monsters in the firstplace, and why no-one fought back.

There are tons of things i'd like to see expanded, but the reality is that Nintendo wants to tease their fans by revealing very little about everything, so they'll buy the next game in hope that it reveals some more of the story. It's all a marketing gimmick really.

Beeker

Wild Card
Over the past little bit, I've had a bit of a fascination with the Twili race. I know a little bit of their history was explained in Twilight Princess, but the race themselves we only saw for one very small portion of the game. One of the things I wish they could've done in TP was have this race in the game for a little longer. So I guess I would say show a little more behind forgotten races and tribes.

squadala

I don't like you either
Magic, magic, and magic. I love the magical attacks in OoT and missed them throughout the rest of the series. Casting the spells in certain areas like always laying down Farores Wind whenever you first entered a dungeon, just in case, was classic. I fNintendo would create some more offensive magical spells that would be pretty awesome. Twilight Princess kind of did this with the hidden skills, but none of them were magic based ever though they were unique from random slashings and offensive items.

If there was another aspect of expansion I would have to say armor/tunics. Like in OoT they had bonuses like underwater breathing or fire resistanse. If Nintendo did a faux RPG type thing with customizeable outfittings that could be beneficial.

But to me Zelda is always great and expansions would merely make it better.

I want to know more about the Twili, the "tribe" that used Majora's Mask for hexing, the "interlopers" that feature in that cutscene in Lanayru's spring in TP, Dark Link ... in short, all the dark mysterious stuff.

G

Gaspra

Sheikah! I don't want them necessarily to destroy all the mystique behind the Shiekah race, but I would love for them to role with the previous knowledge given and give some more insight.

I myself would love to know more on the history of Ikana. It didn't really go into detail about how they all died except mentioning a war. Plus who built the Ikana Tower because lord knows that they would possibly have to have some magic qualities about them. I mean look at the captain of the army he was extremely huge. For some reason this certain kingdom really interests me since we know very little about them. I was possibly thinking that they were the tribe that vanished (who created Majoras Mask) and the war was the war on the mask, since I don't know where a neighboring kingdom would be located unless they came from another land.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I want them to expand on expanding. It seems that a little more comes out but not enough. I would love for them to expand one some things a little more than they do now.

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
Tough question. In OOT, as the Deku Tree Sprout was explaining to Link that he is a Hylian, it mentions a great war which is the cause of Link being an orphan. As far as I can remember, I don't think a war like that was mentioned again. I wanna know what was going on there. A war between who and who? What races were involved? Did Link's father fight in this war? Which brings up another question, why is Link an orphan in every game? What keeps happening to his parents?

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I'd like to have Nintendo expand on the origins of Termina and The Fierce Deity Mask as well as Majora's Mask. There's so much mystery involved right now with that it'd be cool to have a game where you might be able lock Majora's Mask in "shadow" as the story goes. And it'd also be cool to learn how Termina came to be in the first place. That's what I'd like to see anyways.

I myself would love to know more on the history of Ikana. It didn't really go into detail about how they all died except mentioning a war. Plus who built the Ikana Tower because lord knows that they would possibly have to have some magic qualities about them. I mean look at the captain of the army he was extremely huge. For some reason this certain kingdom really interests me since we know very little about them. I was possibly thinking that they were the tribe that vanished (who created Majoras Mask) and the war was the war on the mask, since I don't know where a neighboring kingdom would be located unless they came from another land.
There is some more depth if you look at it, although I don't know if you can say any of it qualifies as answers rather than just more mysteries. You should read up about Ikana on Zelda Wiki and other sites, there's a lot to read about, especially when it comes to theories. Threads on it are great too.

But yeah, I actually entirely. Regardless of all the theories and ideas we have about Ikana, it was incredibly cool. If Nintendo was going to expand anything, I'd want to see a tale about Ikana, in its early days so we can see some of its history. I don't think it'll happen, since I feel Majora's Mask was stand-alone, but of all the things I'd want to see more of I'd want to see Ikana specifically, not the rest of Termina or Majora. Just Ikana. :)

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
I'd like to see expansion on some of the forgotten races. If I had to choose one.......I'd go with the Sheikah. The only true mention of this people was in OoT, from what I know. Sure, they've been hinted in later games, but I'd rather see Nintendo give more detail on the Sheikah.

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
I would like a expansion of what happened to Link at the end of Link's Awakeing... was it the same Link from A Link to the Past cause he looked like him...that could be Lazyness from Nintendo... oh well. I would want that and the Origin of the Knights of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom