• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What kind of arrow would you want to see in BOTW?

What about a grappling hook arrow. Similar to hookshot/clawshot, can be shot to pull Link up to a ledge. I Know he can already climb, but this might make scaling cliffs quicker and even let him access more areas.

Last edited:
Electric arrow that creates an electric force field that can stun/kill weak enemies and short circuit mechanical enemies like guardians

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'd like to see a magical "energy arrow" that can just be re-used infinitely, only limited by a cooldown meter.

I remember someone on miiverse brought up a theory about the blue energy arrow we saw at the reveal. I think he said it could be that that arrow would let you "hack" into the guardians and let you control them on the gamepad. I wish I could give them credit for the idea cuz I think it's great :/

Tibari

Rinkuji
Too sad Nintendo said they're not using the gamepad's functionnality...
And we already saw what the arrow does on the guardians, it only deals damage.
giphy.gif

Well, we know that temperature and noise affects things, so ice arrows and alarm arrows would be cool

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
How about an arrow that doesn't arch so you can hit things from miles away? It'd be a little OP, but maybe pretty cool.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Rope arrow. Shoot 2 arrows connected with a rope. While running. On your horse. While being chased by a Guardian.
I like this. I assume this would be to trip the guardian, right?

What do you think of a triggered bomb arrow that can stick into surfaces?

I would like to see a sleep arrow which when shot causes the enemy to either go drowsy or fall asleep for a short amount of time to sneak past them.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Redeemer arrow?
Redeemer... or Tag Rifle? : P
I think the distraction kind of arrows people are suggesting would be pretty cool, and given what we've seen of the game so far, it even sounds likely. Even if they don't add something like an alarm, though, enemies react to sound, so you could just shoot something nearby like a rock and then they'd investigate it, giving you your opportunity to strike.
Other than that, maybe a rope tired to an arrow to shoot high ledges to help you climb? That'd be cool for the travel aspect; another way to help you traverse the terrain.

karu

Panamaniac
You guys know the light arrow right? I would love to see it in BOTW but I would also like to see a Darkness arrow, but like that twilight shard in TP Link can't directly use it, yet!!! I would love to see something like that in BOTW

Probably a noise arrow to distract enemy camps, I also think light arrows should return. What about a darkness arrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom