• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Fav Type of Music?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Good ol' rock n roll music, really, and pop music, especially from the 60's and 70's. Then a big skip forward to the 90's, when Britpop was a thing, and then that's pretty much it. :P I don't listen to any heavy metal or screamo stuff or anything like that. I can stretch to other genres if they have a good beat, but only when they're on. I choose to listen to quite a small amount of bands and musicians. :P

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have a bit of a change in favorite music. I like metal, rock, and techno, and now I enjoy very VERY limited amounts of rap. ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I can listen to a variety of music and appreciate a variety of artists; however, like anyone, I do have my preferences.

I'd say my three favourite genres are Hip-hop, R'nB, and Soul. Of course within that wide spectrum you have smaller, more niche genres but if we're talking general genres then those are my three choices.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love all kinds of metal. Everything from Thrash Metal to Progressive Metal to Alternative Metal, to even more hardcore subgenres such as Metalcore and Death Metal.

Though lately I've been heading more in the Progressive Rock direction, and I've extensively listening to bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, etc. I don't know exactly what it is, but there's something about Prog Rock that I just love!

Of course, I also need to give an honourable mention to my best friends Hard Rock, Pop, and Electronica. Love you guys <3

These are just my favourites though. I can listen to and enjoy almost anything.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
It's a really hard call between Metal and Psytrance..... but I think Metal outweighs everything else, even if it's slight.
(In my heart anyways)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I can listen to any genre of music if the music is good, but I still have my favorites.

I mostly listen to Deathcore, Metalcore, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Alternative rock, and Grunge.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
You know... kill me for saying this, but I just like good music. What do I mean by that? Most certainly not rap, rap is not music. Yes, it is rhythm (sometimes (RARE cases)) but it's not true music. I don't like metal either, UNLESS the words are really good, and I know beforehand what they're saying, so I can understand it. But usually I just don't like it. To be honest though, my ultimate favorite kind is just something slow and beautiful. Like the song Au Revoir by One Republic. That's one of my favorite songs of all time. But I also love Feel by Sleeping With Sirens. So it ranges a lot, the song just has to be good in my eyes. And I don't have genres I like, just genres I dislike. Like as I said, rap or metal. And most pop these days just absolutely sucks anyways.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My taste of music is very big. It also depends on the mood. I can easily listen to Buddy Holly, the Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival or to the 70's glamrock or rock songs, the 80's and nowadays music. But my fav kind of music is Rock. I'm a rock chick :P

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Dear God, my music taste changes a lot. My current addiction is electronic music like Aphex Twin, Caribou and certain Radiohead albums. But I've gone through a bunch of phases. My Grunge phase with bands like Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins. My psychedelic rock phase with Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. My Indie Rock phase with Modest Mouse and The Shins. My shoegaze phase with My Bloody Valentine and Silversun Pickups. SO MANY PHASES @_@

Though, even if they were temporary, they all with me, even now. I can go back and appreciate them as they are. Certain bands I liked back then, like Pearl Jam and Nirvana, I just can't get back into, but I still appreciate in their own right.

Oh, also, Progressive Rock. Porcupine Tree, Mars Volta (I think...?), King Crimson, Pink Floyd...good stuff! :D

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
My Favorite keeps flipping/swapping in and out from Metal and Psytrance.
One minute Metal, the next, Psytrance. I CAN'T TELL ANYMORE!! Dx

But in all seriousness, I think I need to re-post my answer.
I really should have just put: Metal, and a lot of different sub-categories of Electronica.
Because I really like Dubstep, Drum n' Bass, Psytrance, and well, a lot of stuff... But I can't stay on just one.
It's a constant battle between Psytrance and Metal. xD

But as of this moment: ...well, I think I've been listening to Metal more as of most recently. But that may change back to Psytrance at any time. :lol:

Fig

The Altruist
My tastes in music is very limited compared to others who have posted earlier. For the most part, I listen to classical, Christian gospel, video game, and anime genres of music. I kid you not, if you were to be inside my house, you will most likely to hear classical music or BGM from a video game that I was recently playing. I have been meaning to branch out a bit, but it seems every time I try I always go back to my classical and video game soundtracks which is why if you were to ask me about any popular song that is airing at the moment, 95% of the time I can say that I have never heard about it or don't know or which artist made what music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom