• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What is the Point of the Running Man?!

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
is it at all possible to gain any sort of reward from him? i know you cant win is the race against him, but is there any piont other than for fun?

You're supposed to...
sell him the bunny hood for a full wallet of rupees
...as a kid, but I think that's it. Oh, and he serves the purpose of providing endless frustration to those who don't know you can't beat him.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I think he is there simply so Nintendo can prevent anyone from ever truly conquering every challenge set forth in the game, and thus driving them nuts. You will forever be stuck at 99% - you can have all the Pieces of Heart, all of the sidequests completed, all the Great Fairy bonuses, everything - but you will never beat the Running Man. Forever 99%. FOREVER. Never 100%. Never finished. Always just one step away. Never done. Never able to move on. NEVER ALLOWED TO CONTINUE. FOREVER STUCK. FOREVER 99%. FOREVER.

GAH

B

BIGJRA

Somebody once posted a youtube vid about how to beat the running man.
I think it was a hack, but they challenged the running man, went back in time, waited the in game seven years (A week) and went to Kokiri Forest. The time said -0:01 seconds and the running man congradulated him and there still wasnt a reward:(

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Somebody once posted a youtube vid about how to beat the running man.
I think it was a hack, but they challenged the running man, went back in time, waited the in game seven years (A week) and went to Kokiri Forest. The time said -0:01 seconds and the running man congradulated him and there still wasnt a reward:(

I saw that video. You talking about this?

[video=youtube;XiCtAUrZbUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk[/video]

Description of uploaders says:

RustySporks said:
Question: How did you do that?!?

Answer: Well, the answer is simple, really.

1) Challenge the running man to a race as older Link.
2) Return back 7 years and become younger Link.
3) Wait at the bridge for nearly 7 IN-GAME years (about 1 week in real life; see Q/A a few bands below this).
4) ???
5) Profit.

Don't be fooled and try something crazy by leaving your N64 running for a week just to try this. In the first place even if you did wait that long, the flow of time stops on the bridge so it wouldn't count anyways. This video was done with text edits as Seth was mentioning.

In fact, there's a video response to this one that I'll feature below for you:

[video=youtube;dQnx2qDrB78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQnx2qDrB78[/video]

spinout182 said:
UPDATE: RustySporks does not seem to want it as a video response. Oh well. Video can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk

I have come to the conclusion RustySporks is doing a text edit. If you still don't believe me, learn MIPS assembly and find me the routine within the game's code that counts days. It does not exist.
Notes:
Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina (J) [!].z64 is one byte different (country code) from the US 1.0 version of OoT.

I tried the MQ Debugger's ROM as well - no results.

Also, I've been reading the comments under this video response, and it seems to be that RustySporks (the uploader of the original video) is deleting all comments on his video that try to say anything about it being fake and/or negative. Again, DON'T LET THAT FOOL YOU!

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
RustySporks is one of the biggest Trolls I know (even a bigger Troll than the guy or the girl who creates The Overture of Sages Hoax). And it is safe to say he is a complete idiot. It's sad so many people believes in his Fakes.

I will now try to say something bad about his video. Let's see, this guy doesn't have a Real Life when he deletes every comment containing critique.

Edit:

Splendid. This fool really has to approve every comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom