• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Improvements Would You Make?

Z

zeldafan7

What improvements would you make to this game (only post after you beat it!) if you could?

I would:

-make hero mode a little more challenging and have you lose progress if you died
-have there be much more different places to explore
-more hidden secrets, like maybe more to do with gaepora, more references to ocarina of time, and more secret areas like the kitten garden in skyloft. there should definitely be some hidden secrets with the goddess statue after it falls to the ground
-a few more npc's
-fix the harp

**have there be more use for some late-game weapons. the bow and the whip were very underused! i think that maybe there should have been 2 or 3 more temples that really let you use the bow and the whip because those are 2 of my favorite items but they get little usage. maybe they could have even had you sneak around eldin (or they could have made an entire bokoblin base that you have to infiltrate) with a bow so you could snipe bokoblins, and have an indiana jones styled escape from a rolling boulder or something where you have to use your whip to jump across gaps and quickly grab a key/turn a valve to open doors. Skyward sword just really needed a few more temples to let you really use those cool late-game items because there is so much you can do with them and they are the funnest items to use! (along with the beetle of course)

i think even without these things its still a very fun game, maybe the best ive ever played, and im currently going as slow as possible in hero mode to make the most of it.

what improvements would everyone else make?

MW7

I would have:

1. Allowed the player to control Link with the control stick during swimming (this one bothered me more) and flying. I wouldn't force everyone to do so and the default control would still be tilting the Wii Remote.

2. Doubled the amount of speed burst rocks in the sky, sped up the Loftwing slightly (maybe 1.25 to 1.5 times the speed in the game), and made the speed bursts controlled by the player last for a little longer than they did in the game.

3. Connected Eldin and Lanayru Provinces to the Sealed Grounds.

4. Allowed you to warp directly from any bird statue to any other one (meaning you could jump from Eldin to Faron or Skyloft to the Sealed Grounds without having to do any flying- basically let people do anything they want). I'm not exactly sure how to best handle the bird statues in dungeons. It would make sense to be able to warp directly out, but I'm not sure about warping directly back in (maybe).

5. Taken out the item notification system entirely or given an option to shut it off. This is by far the most bothersome aspect of the game for me and genuinely detracted from my experience the entire way through.

6. Made the Song of the Hero Quest something else. Levias would have just given you the whole song, but the Dragon Quests would still exist but be completely optional with different rewards. The Thunder Dragon would be the boss challenge, the Water Dragon would enhance your stamina bar (put this earlier in the game- maybe after beating the Ancient Cistern the Water Dragon asks if you want to play a game), and the Fire Dragon would enhance your defense (maybe with a tunic). The intro to the Water and Fire Dragons' quests would have to be changed so that people wouldn't get forced into them.

7. Give an option to skip dialogue (or speed up) and all cutscenes (from the start).

8. Completely taken out the third battle with the Imprisoned.

9. Made the game allow for nonlinear dungeon progression in the second half of the game. In the first trip to the Thunderhead you would be given all three songs so you wouldn't have to return just to get a song. Direction would be given to the player that the intended order to get the flames is Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin. Make a small change to the Sandship in the engine room so that you don't need the whip (easy- just put a rope there). Either change some puzzles in the Fire Sanctuary or let players figure out themselves what they need to progress (I say this because I think the clawshots are necessary and the bow really helps for combat).

10. Put more optional items, rewards, and rooms in dungeons to give the feeling of a labyrinth.

That's all I have off the top of my head. The only thing that's a flaw that needs to be fixed is #5, most of the rest are things that just give the player much more freedom and choice in how they want to play the game by giving options.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
My biggest problem was for some reason, I had the constant urking feeling that i wasn't playing a Zelda game. Not so much that, but I had to keep reminding myself it. The way the hype was making it sound was that it would extremely so set up for OoT. There aren't much references until the end. For changes i'd:

1. Make many more OoT references

2. Include the actual Main Zelda theme somewhere else besides the song of the hero and the credits

3. Make the Harp an actually good instrument like te ocarina

4. THE SKY. Again the hype made it seem like itd be more Wind Waker-esque like it was a vast open space of curiosity. So i'd make it bigger, with many more bigger islands, and Make each island not have the same music

5. The surface. I would make it much more open and give you away to actually travel from province to province. As good of an idea that the dungeon like overworld was, I still would've preferred the traditional open secret filled overworld

6. Make skyloft bigger

7. More mini-games. Usually i just don't bother with mini-games in Zelda, but i feel like, especially with the controls, there could've been alot of fun minigames

8. Make the surface/ landmarks correspond more to OoT

Other than that, fantastic game

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
5. Taken out the item notification system entirely or given an option to shut it off. This is by far the most bothersome aspect of the game for me and genuinely detracted from my experience the entire way through.

I completely agree with that. That's one of two things that really annoy me while I'm playing. The other thing is Fi aka Captain Obvious. She states the most obvious things and beeps everytime my health is low (as if the beeping heart sound wasn't enough) or the batteries are running out.

Change those two things and the game is a perfect 10 for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
- Fix the final boss, he's a huge freaking joke not to mention an As Long as There Is Evil, a Bigger Bad and so many other freaking tropes. Actually, just remove Demise entirely and make Ghirahim the final boss but in a much better format. Don't give me an basis for Ganondorf's evil.
- Add some post game content by way of superbosses.
- Add more challenge to the game by way of aggressive enemies. Artificial brilliance is not brilliance.
- Fix Hero Mode, so that at the very least it's a Master Quest if they can't take time to do a Second Quest.
- Remove Zelda entirely from the game. Entirely. She lost all of her character development as soon as I heard her begin her talk about how Hylia had a plan.
- Remove Impa from the game entirely. She's just useless.
- Add much more size to the dungeons, make the bosses actually hard, and make the entire game nonlinear in the sense that I can complete which ever dungeon as I which (except Sky Keep for obvious reasons). Keep the story events outside of dungeons (except for Ghirahim encounters).

There are so many things I'd change in SS, mostly plot, challenge and character-wise. I hate Zelda, because she does absolutely nothing the entire game. : /

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
- I hate Zelda, because she does absolutely nothing the entire game. : /

She does more in this one than in most of the other games in the series. I like how in the credits it show little clips of Zelda's voyage acknowledging that she actually did something

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
She does more in this one than in most of the other games in the series. I like how in the credits it show little clips of Zelda's voyage acknowledging that she actually did something

You mean, she ran into enemy territory (knowing full well that All Her Base are belong to us) then got saved by Impa. Yeah, that's definitely doing something. But is it something to be called "main character" for? Not in my opinion, as it takes zero skill and zero effort to run into enemy territory and get saved.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot she speaks words at specific areas called altars. Real classy, real cool, real skill. :dry:
Give her a combat role for once (barring ST and TWW)!

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
1. Make Skyloft darker at the end. So unfitting.
2. More dungeons!
3. More whip uses!
4. More islands filled with mini games or meaningful sidequests in the sky.
5. Less Ghirahim and Imprisoned battles and more unique bosses.
6. More significance to harp.
7. Make Fi's voice less annoying. ;)

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I would improve the graphics and the motion controls. Even though the graphics are okay and it doesn't matter too much, the motion controls were really bad (for me). When I load the game, the motion controls actually work for like the the first few minutes. Then after that, the motion controls gets screwed up and is hard to fix.

item notification.....what a headache, easter eggs easter eggs easter eggs we all love them so give us more, i really wish that the locations would be connected, on that point i wish the sky didn't suck so bad, i didn't like all the useless stuff you had too do just to start a dungeon ( finding key parts for example -.- )

1. Make the harp more useful. I thought it would be awesome, but it let me down a whole lot.

2. Lake Floria wasn't visited much in my opinion. Once for the main quest, again for Faron's water basin, and with some goddess cubes thrown in, it wasn't that much of a major area.

3. Include the boomerang. I thought they would and was looking forward to it, but again Nintendo let me down.

4. Make the Silent Realms more challenging. It was just tear after tear; I never had to worry about the guardians.

5. Don't make the Hylian Shield indestructible. It completely diminished the purpose of the shield meter. I never touched another shield or the Scrap Shop after that (except for upgrades).

6. If you insist on keeping the provinces separated, at least make them much bigger (AND WITH MORE DUNGEONS OH MY GOSH).

7. As you get a better sword that deals more damage, make the same enemies tougher and more aggressive. I didn't like the fact that it took 3 hits and a fatal blow to kill an enemy with the Goddess Sword when it only took 1 hit to kill the same enemy with the Master Sword.

I mostly had problems with gameplay elements. I was content with the story; I cant point out anything major that I would want to change.

EDIT: P.S. I don't exactly see why people hated the fact that Nintendo included Demise in Skyward Sword. It explained why Ganondorf rose to power in Ocarina of Time; before we just knew that he DID come to power, but with Demise, everything makes sense (to me).

Last edited:
B

Belvin

7. Give an option to skip dialogue (or speed up) and all cutscenes (from the start).

9. Made the game allow for nonlinear dungeon progression in the second half of the game. In the first trip to the Thunderhead you would be given all three songs so you wouldn't have to return just to get a song. Direction would be given to the player that the intended order to get the flames is Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin. Make a small change to the Sandship in the engine room so that you don't need the whip (easy- just put a rope there). Either change some puzzles in the Fire Sanctuary or let players figure out themselves what they need to progress (I say this because I think the clawshots are necessary and the bow really helps for combat).

10. Put more optional items, rewards, and rooms in dungeons to give the feeling of a labyrinth.

Too much annoying tutorial and talking. Why does the potion lady have to gab at me everytime I need a red potion? I was aching for a place like Trill's Shop from TP. I realize that Skyloft is the "hub", but does it have to be so exclusive? Put a potion shop in the Mogma world! Travel to the rival junk shop in Lanayru! I wished for more a "world" to explore -- instead, I had three very independent, exclusive pods that isolated me.

I wanted Hyrule and Skyloft to truly be worlds for me to discover. Where were the villages to explore? Side quests in each province to undertake? Tests of my will and skill, like the Caves of TP? It just felt so "small". I never found myself in wonder of the world created for me to explore and save -- it felt incredibly contained and controlled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom