• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Handheld Zelda Game Would Have Made The Best Console Game?

• Thread starter Daydreamerawake
  • Start date
D

Daydreamerawake

Hey Everyone, I Just Wanted To Get Your Opinions On What Handheld Zelda Game You Think Would Have Made The Best Console Game (Excluding The Re-made Games Obviously. I.E. The Legend Of Zelda, Adventure Of Link, Ect.)

Personally I Think Links Awakening Would Make The Best Console Game Just Because It Was So Epic.

Let Me Know What Game You Would Think Would Have Made The Best Console Game! :)

**Also If There Is A Thread Similar To This One Feel Free To Delete It**

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I would agree. Link's Awakening had more of a grand adventure feel than, lets say, Spirit Tracks. There were no gimmicks (train driving, four players, ect.) and the game had sort-of an Ocarina of Time feeling to me. I probably would compare those two game (LA and OoT) because of a few things: an ocarina, an owl that gives you advice, diverse dungeons, collecting (Secret Seashells and Gold Skulltula), and so forth. It would have made a fine console game.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I have to say ALttP. As much as I LOVED LA, I just feel like ALttP would be better 3D. I don't know why...

Djinn

and Tonic
I have to say ALttP. As much as I LOVED LA, I just feel like ALttP would be better 3D. I don't know why...

Lttp already has been a console title for the SNES, it was the game that revived the series at the time. And set the standard for how future Zelda games play out. With the three dungeons, gain mastersword, seven more dungeons, Ganon formula.

Minish Cap sounds like the best choice. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were too gimmicky with stylus controls and strange modes of transportation. While Link's Awakening was too much of a side story. Minish Cap was a well rounded game with a good stand alone story and cast of characters. It had diverse dungeons, sidequests, and took Link all over Hyrule on a large encompassing quest. MC created it's own mythology apart from Lttp/OoT and fleshed out the former sidegame FSA. It could easily pass for a console title on it's own without many changes needed other than graphics for new systems.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I would like to see Link's Awakening. An OoT style to it would make a best seller. It tells a great story which really draws me to it.

I liked all of the Handheld games that I've played, but I just enjoyed the Minish Cap better. I think it would be a better choice for a name console.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The only handheld Zeldas I've played are PH and ST, I want to play MC and LA, though. I so out of the handhelds I've played, I think Spirit Tracks would make a good console game, because you could use (say for the Wii) The wii remote as your sword and whip and etc (like in the upcoming SS,) and you could also use it as an effective cannon by pointing and pressing a button (particularly :cool: and you could also then hold the Wii remote upright and turn it to change rail paths, instead of using the stylus. I think it'd be even a greater game, and higher on my favorites, if it were a console game. ST+console=take over of WW fans waiting to happen.

Although I'd like to say Ages, I'm going to have to say Minish Cap... Wouldn't it be beautifully colorful ( sort of like SS )... Even though MC is one of my least favorite handheld zeldas ( it's still amazing ) I personally think it would have done great in 3 dimensions... :D

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons/Mystical Seed of Courage.

Had they planned these games on the N64 instead of the GBC, they could have fit all three games on the same cartridge, allowing you to play them in any order you like without having to put in passwords and the like. Each game could read the save data from the other two games. So in fact, you would have one huuuuge game.

Instead, they scrapped the third game entirely and made only two, albeit very good handheld games.

I see a lot of LA and Oracle opinions up there. Gotta say that those titles are best left on the handhelds, especially the Oracles. The graphical limitations for Oracle of Ages and Seasons was perfect. It took many references from a couple of the best Zelda games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and presented them to us in a compact, 8-bit world of glory. I would actually love to see Link's Awakening as a full-blown console remake, but to say that it would have been better as a console title originally would be a negative.

Moving on to my choice, I would have to say Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. I honestly didn't enjoy PH much at all, and I think that the limitations of the DS hurt it more than it helped. They could have taken the same WW formula and made a great side-story quest from WW and made a great game, though I would guess that the less-than-pleasing sales of Wind Waker pushed this idea out of the question. Spirit Tracks would have been a better choice IMO. Even though I liked it just fine on the DS, it was little more than a carbon-copy (gameplay-wise) of Phantom Hourglass. Being that it was a whole new adventure, with a new Link and Zelda, where we FINALLY get to explore the New Hyrule that I had personally waited to see since the end of Wind Waker, I would have enjoyed it more as a full-scale, more expansive console title.

C

C_Dude1579

LA would be great in console form. It's just got an epic story that the other ones just don't seem to have.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would say the Minish Cap. I don't really have a reason for that, it just seems as if it could be made in WW graphics, and would make a nice game for the GameCube.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
If it would involve being remade, I think both Link's Awakening and Minish Cap would work, but I am partial to Minish Cap myself (as you can probably tell by my current signature/avatar.) One reason I think it would work well is because of the Minish aspect of the game. I just played a 3D game that involved a portion of the story where you were very small, and it was extremely fun. MC utilized that aspect even more, and I would have enjoyed seeing it on a bigger scale.

One thing going in Link's Awakening's favor, though, is the number of dungeons it includes. With a little redesign to make sure the game is long enough, it could definitely hold its own against other console titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom