• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic What Game is the Most Dated in Your Opinion

These games are never by any real definition bad and even if we think one game is bad there are plenty of others who will say otherwise... or sometime down the line our opinions will change.

I'm not saying the game got worse, I'm asking what game in the series you think hasn't aged that well and for what reason?

Let's avoid the obvious answer, the NES game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
If not NES....SNES. aLttP feels incredibly dated to me with extremely weak puzzles, weak combat, weak story, and extremely little structure. It was actually a pain for me the last time I played it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The original. It still holds up pretty well today, but that doesn't stop it from being very primitive compared to today's standards. The layouts of the dungeons were copy/paste, differentiated only by obstacles and enemies in them for cryin' out loud.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
If not NES....SNES. aLttP feels incredibly dated to me with extremely weak puzzles, weak combat, weak story, and extremely little structure. It was actually a pain for me the last time I played it.

I totally agree. It's still a great game, but if they make a remake, I would really like to see some more story elements in it

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think the first 2 Zelda games are pretty dated.

My other choices are A Link to the Past because of the 2D (which isn't bad, it just makes it feel dated) and Link's Awkwening because of the black-and-whitness of the Gameboy.

So they are more graphically dated.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It may be obvious, but its also right. The first game has the most primitive features of any Zelda game. Zelda ii actually had nice detail for its time. The sidescrolling allowed them to do more. Alttp had the capabilities to create some amazing effects and great visuals. The gameboy games were very nicely made. They had surprising detail. The N64 games are . . . well . . . I shouldn't even have to say it.

The first two games (The Legend of Zelda/II); the first more so than the second, as the latter one showcases RPG elements that almost makes it feel like an entirely different series, even when compared with today's titles. That alone should offer a new, thrilling experience for seasoned fans and newcomers alike. Still dated in the overall scheme of things, though...

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
The original. While still fun to play, it's age really does show. A lot of the bosses are kinda neh, meaning they're pretty easy to beat. The puzzles are only really puzzles because everything's so cryptic and there's no real indication that you can burn that bush or blow up that wall.

Still a stellar game, but the fact is: it's pretty dated by today's standards.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Sorry to be obvious, but it is the original for me. It's simplistic, repetitive and has no story. Even if it was given a good make-over it would still not capture most current gamers attention.

Link's Awkwening because of the black-and-whitness of the Gameboy.

I've only ever played the colorful re-release of it and I have to say as a game it holds up very good. You have an engaging world, amusing characters and then there's the whole combining items thing that I haven't seen in any of the other classic games I've played so far.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can't say any other than the first one, funny enough. I kind of disagree with ALTTP. It has a great story imo, just maybe not so good as some of the others. TLOZ had a few sentences as its story...

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Four Swords (GBA). I almost beat Vaati if my nephew would listen to me (he had to attack his color, but he didn't).

From what I recall, it barely had a story, was more multiplayer than anything, and if you didn't have friends with a GBA, a cable, etc, you're effed.

Sorry to be obvious, but it is the original for me. It's simplistic, repetitive and has no story. Even if it was given a good make-over it would still not capture most current gamers attention.

You forget what time period it was made in. Also, no game in the series is without a story. It's nothing more but a basic hero saves princess story. Sure, it isn't very well developed, it's still a plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom