• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Like Most from the Game

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
~Long post, Yummy~ ^^

Ok, first off, the characters. Eventhough it's the only Zelda game I have finished, I love the characters, especially: Tetra, Arryl, Link and some of the others from the islands, I don't recall their names just by posting here, I gotta start my new quest again. ^^

I also like the way you are free to navigate the ocean, all the while doing some treasure hunting, beating up ocean baddies and passing Temples and Dungeons. I love the weather in the game when you are sailing, the rain starts to pour down upon you, making the atmosphere of the game all the more enjoyable. You gotta love the music as well, and the story.

Finally, I love the way you have to search for the key in order to keep going through a dungeon and finally going one-on-one against a boss.

Hope that wasn't too long. ~

Len

Zelda On Paper
nice, i did enjoy to kick down the armored warriors, and i loved the mission at forsaken fortress, link becomes super spy, haha!, and the fight with helmaroc king (the giant bird)
as the same with ganondorf (final epic battle), the fight mecanics and the items, (if im not wrong, what i can say that if they could add a, "hits counter" and more sword combos could make it even more enjoyable)

Zarom

The King
I'm not going to repeat all you said because you said almost everything. :P
So, I sure agree with both of you, I actually can't understand why some people didn't like that game, and even don't understand why they prefered TP over this one. I've play like 8 Zeldas and it's been almost ten years now that I first played Zelda (Such GREAT memories!) And I have to say, WW is still my #2 in all Zelda games! :):):)

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I'm not going to repeat all you said because you said almost everything. :P
So, I sure agree with both of you, I actually can't understand why some people didn't like that game, and even don't understand why they prefered TP over this one. I've play like 8 Zeldas and it's been almost ten years now that I first played Zelda (Such GREAT memories!) And I have to say, WW is still my #2 in all Zelda games! :):):)
It that Twilight Princess was more Darker and More Serious and it was available for people on the wii
But I agree with all of you! and I love OOT! :)

Zarom

The King
Yeah. There are people who really prefer the ''darker'' stuff. But, personnaly, that doesn't matter to me. :D:D:D

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
First of all i must say i didn't like this game. Don't slap me but it's not true anymore. WW was not my first game and i liked Zelda in the styl like OOT and MM, a cartoon Zelda game looked strange for me in the beginning. After beating the game i was like ''Amazing, nice, cool'' I played it the second time beginning to love the the cartoon styl and sailing over the great ocean.

I like the first meeting with the pirates. they underestimated you hardly. End of the game they become big friends of you. xD

I like the Tower of the Gods the most, i don't know really WHY, but the Tower structure was amazing. In the beginning the water was like up and down all over again. OH i love the command song! xD Guide the statue's, they are actually called God/Goddesses?, to their places was cool. Same with Medli and Makar, like every Zelda game you have control over a new body. I have a weak for flying characters, i loved the command song really really much.

Another brilliant quest was the Triforce parts. I never found out the one on the private Osasis, the golden Pirate boat was troubling too. Better i must say i never found out about Tingle's chart, searched 6/8 parts by myself, i can't stop laughing about it. xD The cabin was my Nightmare... i searched for it on the internet... Okay Windfall Island, the school teacher and Joy pandants. The same with the Golden ship.

Ganon's tower was amazing too. beating all the bosses over again. The maze in the illusionary room with the swords. Phantom Ganon's sword was my favorite, unfortunate you are only able to wear it there...

I love the whole game in general. Now Cartoon Link is my favorite.

R

Rheks

I like being able to travel to loads of different islands, the towns are really fun to do random stuff when you're stuck in the game too. The characters were awesome and creative as well as the art, quite cute.
I liked this game because it wasn't so deep either, it was cheerful and fun to play and a nice break from the other types of Zeldas.
I really loved WW.

I enjoyed the homeage it payed to ALttP. The old Hyrule castle was amazing.

Also, obtaining the piece of the Triforce of Courage was also a plus. Although I thought they should have been obtained via mini dungeons instead of sunken treasure.

The music for one. The beginning is some of the most happiest music I've ever seen in a Zelda game, Outset Island, Windfall Island, etc. and then along with the storyline, towards the end of the game it gets sadder, such as the Hyrule Castle theme, or finally Farewell Hyrule King. It's just that great, bouncy music that really gets you happy and wanting to listen to it more.

The different kind of fun it brought. Okay. Now, most to every Zelda game has brought along some type of fun. Whether you like the old original ones, or the new ones, or the ones inbetween, they each brought something new to the table. This one brought the characteristic that I think it alone has, and that's the kid aspect. Let's take a look.

Anything 2D I wouldn't ever really think would have a kid aspect to it, since it's all just plain pixels. But most the 3D games, are kinda depressing, haven't you noticed? Ocarina of Time just always seems dark, sure you get the sunrise every now and then, and a happy Castle Town, but later in the game it just never seems to get bright again. Majora's Mask, that whole entire game is about death. The Moon crushing them, poison swamps, etc. and almost never seems to be happy (at least from what I've played). Twilight Princess, that game was pretty damn dark, talking about Twilight Realms and turning a world of light into a world of dark.

But Wind Waker brought some light. It was that lone game of the Zelda series that has huge bomb explosions, or Link making funny faces, or little koroks jumping up and down, or all these Chu-Chus bouncing all over the place. Cheery skies, happy people, everything. Now near the end granted it's a little more toward the others, but it had to be eventually. And I like it for taking a little bit of a break from the other games.

And I'll add one just one more thing for the sake of not making this post too long, it had exploring. I will say in every Zelda game since the beginning, you're meant to explore. You won't get anywhere in the game if you don't. But, it seemed like there was so many things to do, Treasure Charts to get, Heart Pieces, Triforce Charts, Triforce Pieces, Wallets, everything. There were 49 squares on that map, each with a different island to explore. Now granted, I see most people complaining that they were too small, or there weren't too many things to do on most of them, but I liked it. Each island had it's only special little purpose, design, or thing to do.

And that is only a little of what I like of it. :)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
The things I like most about WW? Well many factors would attribute to the reason why I liked this game. One would be the simple fact of the graphics. Sure, when I first saw the commercial for the game when it first came out, I wasn't really interested in getting it, but as the years went by and I heard about how great it way, I wanted to get it. When I finally got a copy of it, I loved the way the graphics fit in with the humor and childish way of viewing the world.

The second things would be the fact that the overworld was different from any previous Zelda game that I had experienced (except if you count that I played PH first, but that was a handheld, so it doesn't count). I loved the fact that instead of having to cross a rugged landscape like I had seen in so many other Zeldas, you had to cross a huge ocean in order to reach your destination. It was great, although I didn't like the fact that it took forever to get to an island, but still it was a great feature nonetheless.

There are things about this game that attribute to why I like it so much, but I can't think of them at the moment. So for now these two reasons should suffice. :)

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
You mean the Savage Labyrinth? Yeah, it literally has 51 floors. I mostly did it for rupees, you could get as much as purple rupees from pots. The Wind Temple floor was also fun when you battled a ton of chuchus at once, the very last floor had four darknuts, electric walls, and statues blasting you upon approaching them.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
For me, one of my favorite things to do was decorate Windfall Island with flowers, statues, and other trinkets. :P

I don't know why, but I found it extremely entertaining to match the atmosphere of the areas in the town with all the different decorations. Sometimes i'd decorate it so it was the opposite of the atmosphere, or i'd go crazy and make it look just plain weird. :cooky: I loved collecting all the different kinds of decorations, and I spent quite a few rupees on replacing the decorations when I unlocked a new one. Yes, quite a bit of time was spent on this sidequest, I had to make the town look just right before I could let myself beat the game. ^^

I also liked the idea of playing as a character other than Link for some of the dungeons. It was fun to play as Medli and Makar in the Earth and Wind Temples. It added an interesting puzzle element to it, even if said puzzles weren't difficult. The Wind & Earth Temples were my favorite dungeons in WW mainly because you could play as Makar and Medli. :nod:

Kazumi

chagy
Everything about this game was really amazing. It's sound track, as Josh mentioned, is my second favourite right after MM. The Opening Theme, Outset Theme, Legendary Hero, Windfall Theme, Dragon Roost Theme and Farewell Hyrule King are some of the best Zelda themes ever crafted. And they all have such a nice tune. Most of them are very relaxing, such as Outset Theme and Dragon Roost Theme. Others are very epic, like Farewell Hyrule King and Legendary Hero.

The graphics are another huge part of what I love about the game. They are just amazing to look at. Some of the beautiful visuals include looking out across the ocean as the sun rises, seeing Valoo on top of Dragon Roost, and seeing Hyrule Castle for the first time. The graphics just fit so well with the tone of the game, and I love just looking at everything. Especially the way the bombs explode, the way the ocean moves and some of the funny expressions Link has.

The world is also quite amazing. It just seems so... Full. Islands every where, each with treasure charts, heart pieces, upgrades, mini-games, interesting people, towns, dungeons. So many things. I love Windfall Island. Aside from Clock Town in MM, Windfall seems to me to be the most beautiful and complete Town in any Zelda game, and I love how you can decorate it. Outset is also another quite nice town. I love the sequence when you first come back to Outset after getting the bombs, when you come to get Nayru's Pearl. Everyone is just so happy to see Link, especially his Grandma, even though it is so dark and terrible outside.

The Dungeons are very good as well. They always seemed to be very vast and extensive, and always a little difficult, but not to difficult. This was a perfect level for me back then, as this was my first Zelda game. The Dungeons always looked so beautiful, and had very interesting puzzles. Some that stand out to me are the visuals in the Wind Temple, especially that massive room with the big hole and the fan, the Mirror Puzzle in the Earth Temple, the boss of Dragon Roost caverns, and of course Molgera. That was quite an epic boss.

The items in this game, though similar to others were quite amazing. WW introduced the Grappling Hook, which had so many uses, and was always fun to use. The Elemental Arrows were also very cool, even though there are no new ones, they always have interesting uses, and are quite funny to use. Especially the Fire and Ice arrows. The Skull Hammer was one of my favourite items, as it looked so comical for Link to use, but it was just so satisfying to smack a Moblin with one. I always used it in combat. And the late game edition of the Hookshot was also quite welcome.

The second quest was also very nice. I love how you can carry over all of you're hard work in the Nintendo Gallery from the first quest, and now that you have the Deluxe Pictobox at the beginning of the game, you can complete it. I also liked how you could stay in you're pajamas for the second quest, because I always thought they were cute.

And last but not least, the characters are defiantly unforgettable. Such as Tetra, and all of the other pirates, who were always hilarious. How they were so wimpy, and scared of a twelve year old girl. The look on Salvador's face makes me laugh every time, and the guy in the snow suit. (I forget his name) Always trying to do business. I love the expressions on people's faces when you out bid them by 2000 Rupees at the Auction House, and that annoying girl who steals from the shop at night, who you get to hunt down.

All in all, Wind Waker is one of my favourite Zelda games, and is very unique in the way it works, the gameplay and the emotions it gives. It is truly a master piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom