• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Weird Things in Ocarina of Time

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
not a problem :) If you're interested in any weird hookshot related stuff I'd be glad to share that with you later, too.
EDIT: may as well post them now while this is still on the front page,
in the poe shop and the tower in lon lon ranch you can use your hook/longshot to grapple onto the ceiling,and in the lon lon ranch tower there's a hole (presumably a window, maybe I'll do some...*ahem* research after I finish MM) that looks very reachable (will check that out too), however, in the 3ds version you can't use your hookshot in either of these buildings, I find it bizarre that they even made it possible to grapple onto those parts in the first place.

Interesting, I have seen the one in the Poe shop, but never in Lon Lon Ranch. I would guess the reason you can grapple is because they have the same texture as the wood that you can grapple to.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Yeah that seems to make the most sense, strangely enough I only just got the zora mask yesterday haha

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
All past things disregarded in my book, welcome to Zelda Dungeon! You have made some pretty interesting finds. I always wondered since playing OoT why Nintendo would bother putting the beehives up if they don't give you anything. To me, they just pretty much wasted arrows, unless you used the Boomerang or Hookshot. Though they did make up for that in MM, which I played before OoT, and older things have to be improved upon I suppose.

Conor

the over analysing guy
As much as I dislike bumping my old threads (despite how much it seems I end up doing it :lol:) I found something interesting today.
If you stand above the entrance to the water temple and look down, it opens. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I did it on the virtual console version of the game so i'm not sure if it works on OoT3D. I'm sure with a combination of this and the golden scale you can glitch inside there without the iron boots, pretty interesting/bizarre.

H

hylianknight

A couple of random hives occasionally have 20 rupee's in them. One thing I noticed is on the giant female statue inside the spirit temple you can hookshot to the stars on her breasts. It's really weird.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
As I'll be going to sleep soon (it's late on this side of the Atlantic) I'll leave anyone that decides to post more weird things I found. This may have been discussed before but it's still interesting to me.

Ever notice how when you kill a redead the body stays about 30 seconds before fading away? I discovered in castle town if one of these bodies is currently on the floor the redeads won't approach you untill it fades away, in fact, they approach the body, and if you do it just right they crouch in front of the body untill it disappears, I've heard people say that the redeads actually EAT their dead, but I always thought of it as mourning, what do you guys think? and goodnight :D

wow, way to accidentally delete the original OP Conor -.-, oh well, the general premise is simple enough, right?

It's basically the same thing with the Gibdo's.Anither weird thing is how the Forest Medallion looks like a swastika(I made a thread about that,yeah,advertising FTW,lol) and how they changed that in Ocarina 3D........Nintendo have got to look at their games before they publish them, :P

Strangelove

Somewhere
Yes, I never noticed that they mourn/eat their...umm...Re...re..dead...but I did notice those beehivey things. Interesting...I suspect they're probably eating, like you said, but limitations in the graphics and what they could do, if they were, it's untellable. And as for Majora's Mask...I imagine so. When I think about Video Games I want to make, I always consider ways to set myself up for a sequel, if it could have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom