• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Weird Dungeon Stuff

SS: Ancient Cistern (well the one in my game at least): Only two things for the 'secret code'
SS: Sky Keep: you don't have to go through all eight rooms to complete it. :) (with the walk-through room numbers, i didn't go in room 4)
SS: Fire Sanctuary (or whatever its called): 3 magmano hands, 2two in one room, one in another, defeat the solo one and you can get to another bottle
TP: While facing Ganondorf, you can use your fishing pole to distract him *how ganondorf feels during: :? *

tip for Dreadfuse: use slashes, he blocks most jabs; if you shield bash, do not slash from top to bottom afterwards

any of you guys know any other rnadom stuff in the dungeons?

in arbituer grounds in TP ganondorf and link are painted on some walls next to eachother, thought that was weird.

MW7

The Water Temple of OOT and Hyrule Castle of TP are the only 3d dungeons in which you do not need all the small keys to finish the dungeon (I think lol, and this excludes replaying dungeons in MM by resetting time- that makes it possible as well).

I'm pretty sure that in Wind Waker and Skyward Sword (and maybe other games- Majora's Mask possibly without replaying dungeons and most recent 2d games) you can never have more than one small key at a time ever (in TP the only time you can have more than one is in Hyrule Castle I believe).

In ALTTP the hookshot seems necessary to complete dark world dungeons 5 and 6 but you actually don't need it. You can actually beat all dark world dungeons except 8 (Ganon's Tower) before entering dungeon 2 (which has the hookshot).

In LOZ you could beat the game by only collecting 5 of the 12 items found in dungeons (raft, ladder, bow, silver arrow, and whistle). The last Zelda game I believe that lets you skip a dungeon item was Majora's Mask in which you could skip the Giant's Mask but technically it might not be classified as a dungeon item.

In the Water Temple of OOT most walkthroughs have you change the water level six times but you actually can beat the dungeon while changing it three times without any glitches.

In the Sandship of SS most walkthroughs have you hit the timeshift stone 7 times, but I've found multiple ways to finish the dungeon by only changing time 5 times. (here's one- http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?27204-Fastest-Path-Through-the-Sandship)

The Earth Temple of SS has 4 rooms (excluding the boss room) and one of the rooms just has the map so you only have to enter 3 of the rooms to beat the dungeon. This means that the minimum times you open a door in the dungeon are entering and exiting the bomb bag room, passing through the door to the rock cliff room, and opening the boss door.

You can revisit the Skyview Temple as soon as you get the Water Dragon's Scale so that you can give the sacred water to the Water Dragon the first time you meet her.

In the Fire Sanctuary I'm fairly certain you can fail to save a mogma. The one that gives you the map can be left there forever from what I've heard. I haven't done this myself but I know it's possible if you kill yourself to warp back out of the room to a bird statue after getting the hidden small key. (this one I've only heard about and haven't done)

I'm pretty sure the only dungeons that make you collect the dungeon map out of the whole series are the Snowpeak Ruins of TP and Sky Keep of SS (could easily be wrong though).

There's a key in the Snowpeak Ruins that's fairly unique in how you get it. On your first playthrough you practically require the compass to locate it and dig it out of the sand, but on subsequent playthroughs you can just skip the compass and dig it out right away.

Hyrule Castle in TP offers one of the few true branching paths within dungeons out of the whole series (or at least in the 3d games).

Because of the resetting of time in MM, all of the dungeons can essentially be replayed as if they were new except for the dungeon item, map, compass, and boss remains (all keys including the boss key reset). Replaying them can result in different ways to progress through the dungeon. The one I most recommend is Snowhead because the hookshot's ability to attach to torches lets you skip locked doors.

You can beat OOT without doing the Bottom of the Well if you can manage to beat the game without the lens of truth.

Most people realize that you can beat the Spirit Temple of OOT before the Shadow Temple, but you can actually beat it before the Fire Temple as well since the Megaton Hammer only opens up a shortcut in the dungeon.

Last edited:
The Water Temple of OOT and Hyrule Castle of TP are the only 3d dungeons in which you do not need all the small keys to finish the dungeon (I think lol, and this excludes replaying dungeons in MM by resetting time- that makes it possible as well).

I'm pretty sure that in Wind Waker and Skyward Sword (and maybe other games- Majora's Mask possibly without replaying dungeons and most recent 2d games) you can never have more than one small key at a time ever (in TP the only time you can have more than one is in Hyrule Castle I believe).

In ALTTP the hookshot seems necessary to complete dark world dungeons 5 and 6 but you actually don't need it. You can actually beat all dark world dungeons except 8 (Ganon's Tower) before entering dungeon 2 (which has the hookshot).

In LOZ you could beat the game by only collecting 5 of the 12 items found in dungeons (raft, ladder, bow, silver arrow, and whistle). The last Zelda game I believe that lets you skip a dungeon item was Majora's Mask in which you could skip the Giant's Mask but technically it might not be classified as a dungeon item.

In the Water Temple of OOT most walkthroughs have you change the water level six times but you actually can beat the dungeon while changing it three times without any glitches.

In the Sandship of SS most walkthroughs have you hit the timeshift stone 7 times, but I've found multiple ways to finish the dungeon by only changing time 5 times. (here's one- http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?27204-Fastest-Path-Through-the-Sandship)

The Earth Temple of SS has 4 rooms (excluding the boss room) and one of the rooms just has the map so you only have to enter 3 of the rooms to beat the dungeon. This means that the minimum times you open a door in the dungeon are entering and exiting the bomb bag room, passing through the door to the rock cliff room, and opening the boss door.

You can revisit the Skyview Temple as soon as you get the Water Dragon's Scale so that you can give the sacred water to the Water Dragon the first time you meet her.

In the Fire Sanctuary I'm fairly certain you can fail to save a mogma. The one that gives you the map can be left there forever from what I've heard. I haven't done this myself but I know it's possible if you kill yourself to warp back out of the room to a bird statue after getting the hidden small key. (this one I've only heard about and haven't done)

I'm pretty sure the only dungeons that make you collect the dungeon map out of the whole series are the Snowpeak Ruins of TP and Sky Keep of SS (could easily be wrong though).

There's a key in the Snowpeak Ruins that's fairly unique in how you get it. On your first playthrough you practically require the compass to locate it and dig it out of the sand, but on subsequent playthroughs you can just skip the compass and dig it out right away.

Hyrule Castle in TP offers one of the few true branching paths within dungeons out of the whole series (or at least in the 3d games).

Because of the resetting of time in MM, all of the dungeons can essentially be replayed as if they were new except for the dungeon item, map, compass, and boss remains (all keys including the boss key reset). Replaying them can result in different ways to progress through the dungeon. The one I most recommend is Snowhead because the hookshot's ability to attach to torches lets you skip locked doors.

You can beat OOT without doing the Bottom of the Well if you can manage to beat the game without the lens of truth.

Most people realize that you can beat the Spirit Temple of OOT before the Shadow Temple, but you can actually beat it before the Fire Temple as well since the Megaton Hammer only opens up a shortcut in the dungeon.

^HOOOOLLLLYYY POOOOOOOOPPPP..... I've gotten my fill for Zelda fun facts for the day lmao. Did you have to look those up or do you know them all from memory? If you know them all from memory then jeez that's impressive.

Well following MW7 I'm gonna sound like an idiot but oh well here I go :P. Mind you this is all from memory and not for certain fact:

- In SS, Skyview Temple is the first dungeon in any 3D Zelda where you fight a humanoid type creature as a boss.

- In SS, the huge piece of architecutre in the center of the Ancient Cistern is based off of Buddhism.

- The Forsaken Fortress in WW is the only dungeon in a Zelda game where you don't acquire a dungeon item the first time you play through it.

- In OoT, the original Fire Temple theme music was based off an Islamic Chant. In later versions of the game (GCN and VC) it was changed to a theme that didn't reflect any Islamic music at all.

- In OoT, the final boss of the Fire Temple you can just hang on the side of the block you fight Volvagia on and are immune to all of his attacks there. This is the only time in a Zelda game where you are immune to all of the bosses attacks.

- In OoT, the dungeon Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly is the only dungeon that takes place inside another creature.

Please note that I've not played all the Zelda games too. All of these may be subject to change and be a little off lol. Those are all the ones I can think of.

MW7

^HOOOOLLLLYYY POOOOOOOOPPPP..... I've gotten my fill for Zelda fun facts for the day lmao. Did you have to look those up or do you know them all from memory? If you know them all from memory then jeez that's impressive.

Thanks buddy! Most of these I had used before in a trivia forum, and I had to look up numerous little things to make sure they were right so it wasn't all from memory. I liked all your facts as well- I always forget how weird of a dungeon the Forsaken Fortress is.

My amount of useless knowledge of Ocarina of Time is scary though. The craziest trivia question I ever came up with was "True or False- The room with the dungeon map in the Forest Temple of OOT (the one that connects the two courtyards) cannot be skipped without glitches." The answer is
False, you can bypass that room by completing up to the longshot in the Water Temple (possible without the bow because the bow is only needed for the last two keys of the dungeon), then you put on the iron boots and walk through the flooded well to the other courtyard. Then you longshot the ivy to get up to the switch that lowers the water in the well so that you can get the small key in the well.

You can accumulate a ton of very obscure knowledge by something as simple as trying to see if you can open chests underwater in OOT with the iron boots like how you do it in Twilight Princess. I tried opening that chest underwater in the well in the Forest Temple and stumbled onto a very difficult and completely random trivia question to torment people with.

Hey people, come on, you can't have weird dungeon stuff without even mentioning cows getting out of the stomach "walls" of a whale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom