• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voice Acting--in Hylian?

zelda doesnt need voice acting the game lets us (the people who play the game) give the characters there own voice

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What the hell, they should try it before it's too late!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
The written language Hylian is rather... erhm, odd. But spoken Hylian is just plain gibberish. The text seems to change in each game, which //would// means different types of Hylian(?)

Because Zelda is Zelda, and doesn't take a lot of voice acting (other than Link's yells and the occasional character emotions) and they replace it with Text Bubbles.

Why would Nintendo go through the trouble of translating a language and having people "speak" it, and have the players not know what the hell they're saying?

Unless, like, you add text below, but...

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Now THAT is actually a great idea. But I think that would leave less data for actual gameplay; I don't know. That being said, if they did do that, I would not mind having the game on two or three discs.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
This is an interesting idea. I am obsessed with the language of hylian and could tell you all about how the language differs from game to game. Actual voice acting would help me learn how to pronounce it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Zelda's singing in Skyward Sword was the single most beautiful speech-or jibberish ;)-I have ever heard in a videogame. If this is the quality of possibly future Hylian voice acting that can be expected from the series, then count me in. Can't miss a heartbeat with immense sexiness like that around! And can you imagine the profit and success for Nintendo?! Pfft, anime would be a thing of the past. :lol:

I think that would be a great idea. I would actually prefer English voice actors though, but only if they hired decent voice actors and didn't make Link a loudmouth like in the cartoon series. I don't mind if he speaks, but keep his voice in line with his character. Give him a soft tone: never make him sound like's trying to force a situation, and keep screaming, and talking in general, for that matter, to a minimum.
However, if that is not an option, I would very much enjoy seeing a Zelda game with an actual Hylian language. I think, depending on where it is in the timeline, it should be a mixture of (extremely) garbled English and a completely new language. The earlier in the timeline, the closer to garbled English it should be, with more and more of the new language added in as time passes. They could even make the direction the language develops vary a bit in alternate timelines. Or, I wouldn't even mind if they just used Japanese. I mean, Zelda obviously is not meant to take place in this universe, so whatever language they use could be considered canon (for whatever particular region it is used in) in the Zelda multiverse.
To sum it up, I think this, or any good voice acting, is a great idea for the series.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would want it voiced in English. A few characters in Zelda already say words in English already. Beedle says 'thank you', or 'Bye!' Link says 'come on!' in the Wind Waker and Sera says 'Hi' to link in Twilight princess.

I feel like that would just get too complicated. It would ruin the series. Traditionally there's no real voice acting, companions aside. Even if they were to give you translated code so people could learn it, that would still just be too far off from series tradition...

These are great ideas that you have "voiced." This gets me to want to study the hylian language and be able to write in hylian. If they eventually did voice acting, but in a made up hylian style it would make me enjoy the culture even more.

Of course I think even in Hylian that Link should still stay silent except for his grunts and what not. I mean they already have jibberish style for your traveling companion.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I don't think there should be a spoken language at all! It would be really really sad for one to exist in Zelda. Leave it at text! Also the few characters the do talk jibberish is ok but when they all talk jibberish it drives me insane. Prime example is Animal Crossing. Great game and set up but all the nonsensical talk makes me crazy! Fi is bearable however because it fits her character. I think they should stick with only lyrics in songs. It is sort of nice but no voice acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom