• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Violence

Shadsie, I agree with you. Both OoT and TP were meant to be realistic (or realistic by Zelda standards, anyway) games. It's understandable that blood and gore would be out of place in any of the cel-shaded games, but the realistic ones should have a little more bloodshed. I think that it would add to the emotional impact. It may also provide an extra visual cue for players. Instead of the constant beeping when you're low on health, you would see Link with various cuts, panting and coughing (kinda like Doom, and what already happens in the 3D Zeldas, only with more of the red stuff).

But what about enemies? Their blood has always been green or blue. Should there be more enemies with red blood? I think that the more "intelligent" enemies (like the Bokoblins in TP) should have red blood. Ganon/Ganondorf too.

Of course, the violence should be kept to a minimum. Zelda's appeal as an ancient, classic legend would be lost if it were turned into a gore-fest, as well as cut off the younger end of the audience.

L

Legendary Chaos

i'd like a zelda game to have blood come our every time i hit an enemy or an enemy hits me.Also, i'd like a zelda game in which enemies die and their bodies are left on the floor as opposed to them just disappearing into a cloud of dust. :P

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Oh yeah, a few scrapes and cuts here and there would be great. It would definitely add an aura of emotion to see Link on the ground on one knee, firecly clutching the Master Sword and resting on the Hylian Shield while he is panting with his tunic a bit worn out and his face tired with a few scrapes during a cutscene. That would give the game a feel of emotion that games like Metal Gear Solid mastered perfectly.

I'm not saying I want as much violance as MGS, but I like how they didn't overuse violence within thier bounds, but still utilized it to create emotion. I think that would work for Zelda games.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Scrapes, cuts, and bruises would be welcome in my opinion, as would minor clothing damage. I'd like to watch the injuries heal when using a fairy or other healing item. I would not, however, like the clothing damage to be too detailed in terms of repair. MMOs have taught me that repairing clothing/armor/etc. becomes very tedious, and I wouldn't want such an annoyance in the games. Fixing something here and there, though, wouldn't be bad.

I wouldn't want to see anything gruesome. I don't want to see limbs being hacked off or heads rolling. That stuff is awesome in other games, but let's not turn Zelda into something it isn't.

M

megacat333

No blood!!!!!

no! my goal is to beat all the zelda games and my biggest fear is blood and i wont be alowed to beat it i will be to scared!altough i would be ok with lke a red scar or somting but no blood!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well in the next Zelda games, I wouldn't mind having some violence occur like how Shadsie and basement24 described. Yet, I don't want so much violence to occur that it changes it from what Nintendo has been trying to prevent since day 1.

Battle scars and showing some wounds on Link wouldn't really bother me, but as long as they don't go overboard with the violence, I'm okay. :)

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Nintendo would never make a violent Zelda...
However, I would like to dismember ennemies as well :p
In TP, when you slash a goblin really hard, it only makes a little red spark, and the enemy fall, uninjured.

I'd like to cut goblins in two, but I know this won't happen =P
And after all, a violent Zelda wouldn't be a Zelda at all... :wave:

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Blood...maybe not gore cuz that would make it a rated M game. Not many zelda fans can play rated M games. I also like the idea of cuts and bruises. Also there would be alot of healing spring( like a fairy springs). Or just give it a day.

I think it would be better to see the effects of Link's injuries. Having his clothes ripped in some places, sword cuts or stab wounds, I think would be beneficial to the game. Not so much because it makes it more "violent", but because it would make it more realistic.

As mentioned above, not for a game like WW, but in TP's case, this would have been ideal. When Link gets hit with an arrow, it should stick in him. If he gets cut with a sword, we should see that cut somewhere, at least on his clothes. As mentioned above, his hat wouldn't stay on that well either when he is knocked around, unless the thing was glued. You should be able to lose and gather these things, and replace your clothing when it is severely damaged. Link's clothing would be something like armor, and would protect him against major blows. But if it were torn up, he would be hurt more than usual. It would add a difficulty factor to the game that I think the series needs.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I don't know about making it a real mechanic as DarkLink01 suggested, as that wouldn't really work out as well when you take heart containers into account. But I think changing his walk animation, or maybe slowing him down a tiny bit depending on his damage (below half, not every wound need impair gameplay), or letting arrows stick or making fire char would help the immersion and realism. Clothing repair via little random hearts wouldn't be as realistic, though.

Clothing repair via little random hearts wouldn't be as realistic, though.

No, your clothes wouldn't repair themselves whenever you gained health. You would have to go somewhere and pay rupees to get that done. What would be affected was the amount of damage you take from attacks. If you go around with a torn up tunic, your skin would be vulnerable to attack. It would be like wearing armor, but going into it deeper, more RPG stylish, where you would repair your armor and possibly upgrade it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
At the most i would like to see realistic drops of blood from link when hes hit and also from from enemies being hit by link and at the most for gore and injuries just cuts and bruises on link as his life gauge goes down and they go away as he heals from potions, heart containers, heart pieces, and recovery hearts.

Zarom

The King
I think the zelda are good like that. I would like to see maybe a little blood here and there, but I think it's okay like that. I don't care much. That is what makes Zelda a Zelda and not another game. If you want to play violent games with lot of blood, go buy them, they are there! But not too much violence in Zelda.

Last edited:
L

link&zelda

I would like gannon to lop link's head off and having a young link do the rest of the battle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom