• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unlockable Ideas and Customization (For Purely Cosmetic Reasons)

I had an idea that Nintendo should have unlockables that are for purely cosmetic reasons.

Using the Wii time/date functions, you could unlock certain outfits or functions on certain days. Say, on Christmas Day, (maybe Eve, or maybe in a time window around that date.), if you play, you unlock the Santa Tunic, which is a bright red fuzzy tunic, with the white fur lining. It has no real function, it just looks cool. This could be done for a lot of holidays.

Another idea could be unlocking color changers. Which alter textures of enemies, link, etc, to make them different colors. You can make your tunic any shade of any color, have Bokoblins be green instead, etc. This one is pretty unlikely, but its be cool to make a Link styled after the original color scheme. (Or maybe that could be unlocked on the anniversary of the release of the original NES game?)

Once you play the game to unlock these special outfits, they may be used year-round, which is cool. Maybe themed weapons? (Id like a giant candy cane to beat people up with, even if it does little damage)

Holiday shields, etc, i really think these would be cool.

Another thing i though would be cool. If you hook up a drawing tablet to the remote, you could draw new stuff for the game. Shield designs is the only thing i can think of, but im sure Nintendo could do more than that. Maybe designs on your tunic? I dunno.

What else do you think should be Customizable?

Anything that could use Wii functions, such as the clock?

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
one thing i think could be customizable is links items and links sword like make the master sword red or black and his items like the bow green or red or blue etc. etc.

I love color changing options. ^_^

Especially like in the Tony hawk games, how you can change your characters colors. Thats basically what im going for, except with more than your own character.

Djinn

and Tonic
As long as it has no effect on gameplay and is strictly visual then I do not mind. It would drive me crazy having a better or worse shield on certain days or less effective weapons. The color changing issue might be hard to deal with since historically Link's clothes change color depending upon things like wearing magic rings or obtaining newer more protective clothing. The same problem comes with enemy characters as too often color defines how tough they are and how much damage they can do to Link. But changing character models or skins of Link or enemies while maintaining the same gameplay and controls would be fun. Especially is other characters from other franchises could be unlocked.

Who wouldn't want to toy around with the character models and unlock Ike From fire Emblem
Ike_Fire_Emblem.jpg

Or Isaac from Golden Sun
Isaac_Brawl.png

Either of these characters could easily fit in as Link without too much trouble. And they are both Nintendo owned characters so no licensing issues.

OOH

Instead of a Nintendo Gallery..

How about a Nintendo Dungeon?

It could have enemies from other franchises, and rooms that even look like theyre from other games.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Sounds like Animal Crossing, but I'm not completely against the idea. Link should be able to have a few outfits. Normal clothes, the Heroes Tunic, and Magic Armor could be in the game but that's only three outfits, like many others I would like to see way more outfits than that. Try 6-8 different tunics, 3-4 different pairs of boots, and the option to remove your hat if you want to, that would surely satisfy my hunger for customization in a Zelda game. Also I wouldn't mind if they took a tip from Fable with their cloth dyes, that way you could change the color of each outfit you have on your equipment screen.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I like this idea, but Nintendo would have to make SS a game that will last, much like multiplayer games(and even MMO's).

If any of you have played Demon's Souls for the PS3 then you should know what I'm talking about.

I think that things like this, especially when you can unlock certain things on certain days, goes hand in hand with multiplayer interaction with others. A truly beautiful game is one that will last and has it's own unique value.

It's a rare yet awesome experience having a console game having the same "re-play" value as an MMO.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
That "Nintendo Dungeon" idea is genius. You could have the different rooms and each one when you walk into it changes the graphic style! That would be awesome. I still want a Nintendo gallery too though. :)

OOH!

Maybe you could go into a dream place, (Like in Minish-Cap, where you fight enemies), and play the original two zelda games within your dream. BUT, the games would have crazy-awesome painted graphics. Whaddya think?! Updated graphics, sounds, and probably controls, etc. The games would require a transfer from the Nunchuk to the Classic Controller though..

I know this is a double-post, but i didnt want to start a new topic. I was thinking, what other features could be put in a game, for aesthetic reasons? I was thinking small details. The cuts would stay on your shield, when it was hit. (only hard hits would really leave any marks, and buying a new shield would be possible to clean it up.)

also, your sword could dull after a while, but you can go get it tempered or sharpened or what-not to fix it up. (although this might have an actual effect on gameplay, if the sword gets weaker.)

Just ideas, i want to know what you guys think.

M

Mechanical Gun

That would be very cool if they added a drawing feature into shield design. I come up with some of the dirtiest names for Link as is, just think about what I can do when I harness the power of visual design.

I think there should be a "Female" option. I'm not female, but I would like to see how a female link would turn out. Hopefully not like a lot of female video game characters who are just turned into "eye candy". Ugh...

Djinn

and Tonic
How about a way to change Link's look between the different Links of the series.

image.axd

Now obviously not as pixelated, but switch the styles to LOZ, LTTP, OOT, WW, etc. Each has they own style and sometimes different hair color and pants. Except toom Link, you should definitely be able to walk around as a big headed toon Link in SS with the unlocked ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom