• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twlight Princess: Gamecube Vs Wii Version

Wii or GC version

• Wii version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GC version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

Lord Fenix

The Wii may be the more popular console, but I chose the Gamecube version, because in it, Link is left-handed, like he's always been. In the Wii version of the game, since most people are right-handed, they switched the hands in which Link holds his sword and his shield. But, I don't understand why they didn't stop there. Instead, they made a mirror image of the entire world as well. Now, normally, I would have no problem with this. But, however, due to the Wii's popularity, every time I get stuck on something and try to look it up, walkthroughs for the Gamecube version are extremely difficult to find, if not impossible.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
My opinion is the GCN is better overall (it's just a smoother game) though TP on Wii is mirrored, so if you're too used to it on that system it'll be hard to adjust.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I have Wii, but I'll want to have GCN at some point, because it's kind of the official version (and right handed Link kind of drives me crazy (I don't know what I'm going to do in SwS (Maybe someone will create a code to flip him around))).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, I am currently playing the GC version and am almost finished with it. I must say I LOVE it! I don't have any problems with everything being mirrored. I like the graphics more. It looks more brighter on the GC. I also like the way you have to shoot your arrows. You really see the arrow on the bow and you must aim perfectly to get a great shot. I like this. But in general are the controls on the Wii easier to use. And the sounds and the idea you are actually in the game is also more nice in the Wii. But besides that I have no problems with the GC version at all.

L

Linebeck II

I liked the Wii-Version for its controls, especially when shooting while riding Epona it did help quite a lot. However I kind of prefered the general interface of the Gamecube-Version (it just looked better than the White D-Pad you see in the Wii-Version's interface). So for me it is a tie.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It's exactly the same game. I've tried it on both platforms (though I only own it for the GCN).

I can honestly tell you that the GCN version of TP has 480p and Widescreen support too, but most people don't know about this because it requires a special set of component video cables imported from Japan to use, and only works on early GCN systems. The Wii will play GCN games that support this at the higher resolution, however. I've played the GCN version on both a GCN with special cables, and a Wii.

Look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_GameCube_games_with_480p_and_16:9_support

The only difference is the world flip (which looks kind of stupid), and the control scheme. Everything else is the same... EVERYTHING. The only real factor that should influence your decision, is whether you prefer the Wii controls, or the GCN controls.

I have not played the GameCube version, but from what I understand, it is fairly similar to the controls in The Wind Waker. I really liked the pointing mechanics in the Wii version. It made precise aiming so much better and it just felt way more natural than in The Wind Waker. I personally did not buy the game until I got the Wii just because I wanted to experience motion controls. It doesn't really make the game that much more enjoyable, but it felt much more logical and precise than using the old GC controller in Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time. Imprecise controls in those games were frustrating at times.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I prefer the wii version. Using the bow, clawshot, dominion rod, ect. was more fun and interesting. I loved the sounds the wii remote makes when you use and action. But if you like the classic controls of a Zelda game go with the GC version. I think the map flip was an annoying thing of your used to it in a different way.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Since I am down to a wii I have to go with the wii version (Though GC was awesome!) . The Fun part about the wii version is the swinging of the sword and bashing of the shield makes you feel like you are link...that is awesome to me and the little ones next door to... though... sadly the battery dies when you are defeating Ganondorf then you are screwed on wii. I am still going with wii on this because I love the movements of the remote and on my TV ooohh so sweet!

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I like pressing buttons more that I like swinging and stick around. I don't much enjoy gimmicky Motion stuff. I'm hope Skyward Sword blows my mind that I change my opinion. I've played both and I like it for Game Cube. The Game Cube is awesome in general but yeah. It's not that I suck at this Motion crap, It's just I don't like it. I guess it doesn't feel right. It's growing on me though. But for TP, the Game Cube is all the way. Left handed hero~!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I only have the GC version but I played TPWii at my uncle's house and honestly have to say it is superior. Like Destiny, I don't agree with motion controls. But, I look at a 16:9 Hyrule Field and I'm blown away with the presentation. I wish the GC version could do that, but alas it won't be. Both of the versions are great (such as GC exclusive camera control and Wii's better display settings), so it does boil down to preference. And I also agree with Destiny about the left handed hero, as seeing Link right handed felt so awkward (I really do try to mimic Link's actions, I like the character that much), but you eventually adjust to that view and the mirrored overworld and whatnot.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
Both games were great. I liked the motion controls of the Wii and being able to aim easier. But I like the GC version more because of the familiar controls and Roll Goal was way easier on the GC (for me)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The Wii version. GameCube version is just realistic Zelda with Wind Waker controls. I haven't played that one.

For some weird reason, Hylian Link's normal attack is very useful, and jump attack is useless (Ending Blow doesn't count here). For Wolf Link, it's the exact opposite - jump attack is very useful, but normal attack is useless. On the GCN, it's bite, bite, bite, spin (normal attack must be used three times). Only the Wii solves this problem. Spin attack works fine for both forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom