• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Trial of the Sword [Spoilers inside]

The Master Sword Trials is hard. I know I'm being a little Captain Obvious here but it's really hard. Well it's more cheap then hard. It's basically the Grandmaster stage of BotW.

Past the first little bit, and you're dead in a few hits. Even less at times. I tried it about 10x and just gave up. I don't know if I have the patience to go through this.

What do you think of the Trial of the Sword? Have you finished it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Finished it. Will upload some videos on it soon. I found it to be pretty easy personally, especially with the ancient arrows and ridiculous amount of food they give you...although I guess to anyone who hasn't learned to parry Guardians, this whole thing is a big middle finger.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Personally, the Trial of the Sword alone was worth all the $20. I've always loved Savage Labyrinth/Cave of Ordeals-type of dungeons, so I was looking forward to this trial since the DLC was announced. It didn't disappoint. <3

I think I'm in the minority here, but I found it pretty easy! Even so, it's my favorite part of Breath of the Wild so far. I have to admit I was surprised to find that most people think it's really hard and haven't been able to beat it yet. I think that's good though! I feel like it was designed to be hard, so Nintendo did well on the difficulty there.

Keep trying! I'm sure you'll be able to beat it eventually. ^_^

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I found it satisfyingly difficult. I only died once, in the middle trials, but I came very close to dying mutliple times. That final floor was totally nuts.
Like, 10 horseback bokoblins, a white-maned lynel, AND a guardian turret? First thing you see is a horde stampeding toward you, freaked me the **** out, and that lynel kept long-range shooting me with fire arrows as I tried to kill the turret. that was insane.
I had a lot of fun with it, definitely very challenging. I'm having a hard time imagining what it would be like in Master Mode, which I've been hearing is already just as insane on the plateau, lol.

Finished it. Will upload some videos on it soon. I found it to be pretty easy personally, especially with the ancient arrows and ridiculous amount of food they give you...although I guess to anyone who hasn't learned to parry Guardians, this whole thing is a big middle finger.
Also, the fact that you go through all that work, and the master sword still runs out of energy

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Also, the fact that you go through all that work, and the master sword still runs out of energy
??? Why wouldn't it still run out of energy? That would make the weapon system completely pointless. The whole point of the trial is to make it constantly be glowing (at 60 attack power, 3 times as durable) like it did when you were near Ganon's malice. If it could run out of energy after over-use like that before, then there should have been no reason for you to think it'd be different after the trial. The reward is very worth it, since it makes the Master Sword always the most powerful weapon all of the time. It essentially gets rid of most of the story-based restriction on it. That's basically OP.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nah, making it unbreakable wouldn't harm the durability system at all. The Master Sword is only a mid-tier weapon. If you want to use something good, you'd still have to make use of the breakable weapons.

Ive got the final stretch and then Fi will wake the **** up and be useful all the time.

The trials are interesting. I had to adapt back to being one shotted since i'd spent so long in the game being OP and not fighting anything to conserve my rare weapons. But the further you progress in the trials the easier they get.

I died once early on in the beginning trials while adapting but didnt come close to dying in the middle trials and didnt use any of my fairies i also had loads of strong weapons left because i was conserving them in case something terrible showed up.

But we'll see how much of a pain the last leg is.

I did the trials first try, it was great fun.
I only used ancient arrows on guardians, because I consider evaporating Lynels cheating.

Also, a few tips:
You can get in with effects, so use a dragon horn & 4 bananas for a 30 minute level 3 attack boost, it helps towards the end.
You can also use temporary hearts and stamina boosts, so if you don't have 30 hearts or 3 full wheels, those can help.

Just an FYI, you can't use champion powers or save while inside the trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom