• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TP Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zelda Granny

I am trying to do the "Cave Of Ordeals" and I'm having a problem with the "Darknuts". Is there a certain way to kill them? I've tried following the guide I have but, it seems almost impossibe to kill them. I've even tried the "mortal draw" but it wasn't mortal lol. I have read some comments about how easy the enemies in this game are but, I don't find these easy at all.
I would appreciate any suggestions... Thanks

linkman8

True and Noble
I would recommend waiting until after you beat the game to try to play the Cave of Ordeals, because as you probably already know, it's no cakewalk, especially the Darknuts. You need to use, like Avenged said, the Helm Splitter and Back Slice against them. The Mortal Draw regrettably won't do anything to them because of their armor.

Z

Zelda Granny

Re: Cave Of Ordeals

My thanks to both of you... do you think the magic armour would help?

Z

Zelda Granny

Thanks Shadow Goris, I've been playing Zelda since the original LOZ and I've never had an enemy frustrate me the way the "Darknuts" have. Anyone who doubts that playing video games keeps you young should have seen me yelling curses at the TV while trying to get past them. It didn't help that I had made it through 38 of the rooms and had to start all over after I died. I don't think my 1 year old grandson could have thrown a better tantrum lol.

You need to make sure youre stocked with potions/fairies/etc, bombs, arrows, and have full hearts before entering. Plus a lot the items needed to complete the cave are obtained from later temples, so you need to either complete the game or get close to completion before attempting the defeat the Cave of Ordeals.

Z

Zelda Granny

I've just started the "Palace Of Twilight" and I've got all four bottles (which I had filled with blue potion), I didn't even have to use any potion until I got to the "Freezards". You can't get close enough to kill them without getting caught in the "ice breath". I'll probably at least finish this temple, maybe even try to beat the game, before I try tackling the "Cave" again. It has me really frustrated right now.It wouldn't be so bad if the fairies renewed your life instead of just giving you fairies at the springs and you didn't have to start at the beginning every time.
I really appreciate all the help, that's one reason I like this site so much, people are willing to help and are nice about it.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I am trying to do the "Cave Of Ordeals" and I'm having a problem with the "Darknuts". Is there a certain way to kill them? I've tried following the guide I have but, it seems almost impossibe to kill them. I've even tried the "mortal draw" but it wasn't mortal lol. I have read some comments about how easy the enemies in this game are but, I don't find these easy at all.

You need to use the Helm Splitter and Back Slice to penetrate their armor.

you can weither do that or treat them like the iron knuckles from oOT and dodge their attack them slice and dice

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Not darknuts are not easy if you fight more then one darknut.
Well here is a little tip. Try using bombs when they still have their armor on. Do not throw the bomb towards them. Just place it on the ground, and guide them to where you placed the bomb. Remember they always slowly walks toward you, in other words they follow you, so you can guide them to the bomb with ease.

also preforming a helm splitter isn't that easy, sometimes they give you a shield attack against you. So jump attack followed by a spin attack, and then use your shield attack followed by helm splitter. Because they can not shield attack you while they defend.

without armor, the best way is still to use the backslice to break their defence and then attack them with your sword.

Tip: when one darknut has lost his armor, focus on killing him first instead of ripping the armor of other darknuts. It makes things harder if multiple fast darknuts(without armor) attack you

can someone plz tell me how to past by the bunch of redeads in the cave of Ordeals?

Bomb arrow them from above before dropping yourself to the floor.

Second option would be, transfrom into wolf form and attack them.
you only get stunned by their scream while you touch the ground. In wolf form you can attach yourself to a redead and start biting them until you are done attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom