• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Third Hunger Games Fanfic

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Understood.

Well, another long wait, but the next chapter is finally here!

Alia Dunera
District 8

He's behind me. I continue running as fast as I can, trying to outrun the spiky-haired kid from District 3. "Don't you dare run away, coward!" How subtle can you get? He calls me coward when he teams up with a bit of slime who, through cheating tactics, killed all the Careers. Filthy hypocrite.

That of course can be applied to the Capitol, too. Calling us barbarians in our eating habits. Then they send us in and twenty-three lives are lost. I, of course, deny him, and continue running. He has no bow, and even if he did, I don't think he'd be that good at it. So he can't shoot me, and all he can do is to continue running.

Of course, I'm getting tired. It won't help to keep running when my body is screaming to stop. So I stop, breathing heavily, and draw my sword just as he strikes, a clanging noise resonating through the Arena. I slash at him, but he sidesteps and attacks again. Unprepared for the sudden move, I'm caught off guard and he manages to slash my shoulder.

I yell in pain, but quickly stop. No reason to continue, it would just make things worse. I step back, and we both take a break, breathing heavily. "Why are you attacking me?" I ask. The boy doesn't respond automatically. He finally answers, "You were snooping in other people's business. I just had to make sure that business wasn't spread."

He raises his sword, but before he attacks, I kick him in the face, sending him tumbling to the ground. I start running away, and he follows me. I have to get away. What did he mean by sticking my nose in other people's business? I had simply walked by his campsite, and he had to kill me for that?

I hear a yell, and I turn and look to my side. The boy from 8 is backing away from me. "No.....Rogue, please....." Rogue notices the boy from 8. He looks around in satisfaction. "Well, that's two tributes I get to kill today, huh? And you, Dylan, I'll take pride in. It'll be fun killing, seeing as you left us.....and then there's the snooper."

He turns to me, and raises his swords. This time, I don't run. Dylan unsheathes his sword, and points it at Rogue. I unsheathe mine as well. The three of us circle each other, waiting for the others to move. Finally, Dylan does. He lunges at Rogue, but misses, sending him tumbling to the ground. His blade must not be balanced correctly or something.

Rogue slashes at him, and he manages to dodge. I take my chance to attack, a slash aimed at his throat that would surely kill him. However, he blocks it, and counterattacks. I'm not fast enough, and the blade cuts across my stomach. I yell in pain, and yell a few obscenities at him too. A few particularly nasty obscenities.

Dylan picks up his sword and attacks Rogue again, with more ferocity this time. Rogue slashes at his blade with one of his swords, and sends it flying out of his hand. At the exact same time, his second sword enters Dylan's chest. I step back in shock. Dylan is still standing, propped up by Rogue's sword point. Then, Rogue takes his sword away, sending Dylan splaying to the ground, a pool of blood lying around him.

The cannon sounds, causing a few mockingjays in the trees to abruptly take off in flight. Rogue turns to me, with one of his blades dripping with Dylan's blood. I step back, preparing the knife in my sleeve for throwing if necessary. Rogue sheathes his swords, and steps back. I am shocked. "You....you aren't going to kill me?"

Rogue chuckles. "Well, not yet. I trust that you will die for too long, so it won't make much of a difference." He motions behind me. "I'm serious. Go now, before I come back to my senses." I step back a bit, then turn and run. He shouts one last thing while I'm running. "Oh, by the way. Watch out for rocks."

Caeda

Keyblade Master
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that's alot of explanation points....)

I can't belive that madman actually let her go. Why do I have a weird feeling what "Oh, by the way. Watch out for rocks" means?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Day 4

Michael Titan
District 2

I don't know what to do with myself. It's never been this way with us Careers, being hungry. Always well-fed, always pampered. Perhaps that's what led to the attitude some would call snotty. Then that moron comes along and wipes us out without breaking a sweat. Of course, his little friend did all the dirty work. Somehow...I admire him for his initiative. He would have made a good Career.

Unfortunately, he has already made it clear where his loyalties lie. I'm actually worried that I might not make it out of this Arena alive. Funny. Careers don't usually worry about that this early into the Games. But, Careers don't usually get eliminated first day, either.

For some reason, my mind is drawn to Quiro. Perhaps......I feel a bit bad about his death one year ago. He had become even more demented than his sister.....and I think I might have contributed. Back at District 2, I used to tease Quiro, for his hairstyle, his family, and his obvious crush on the Orcon girl. It was fun....for me....until Quiro got called for the Games and the guilt settled in.

The Careers, or at least me, are not as snotty as some make them out to be (Reyna, that means you). Some were actually nice. The girl from 4 in the 21st Hunger Games. Me. Or maybe not so much me. I look out from my spot in the tree and look toward the mountain. Something's wrong. The sky has turned dark several hours early.

I jump out of the tree and draw my sword. Black clouds are moving in, shrouding the sun. The Arena falls into total darkness. I can't even see the finger in front of my face. I raise my sword in front of my face. Who knows what will be jumping out of the shadows?

A shriek pierces the air, and the cannon sounds. A chill is sent up my spine, and I nearly drop my weapon. The hovercraft must come down, I can hear it, but I can't see it. The screech was feminine. I don't have time to wonder who it is, in case whatever killed her comes after me.

The uncertainty is terrifying. I step forward several paces only to walk straight into a tree. Then, something happens. A pair of glowing eyes appear several yards away from me. I raise my sword, but I can't tell where it is. What is it?

Then, its entire form glows. I yell, and step back. A giant, glowing chameleon. Obviously a muttation. Strangely, it seems to be smiling...... Before I can move, it lunges at me. I slash at it, but I can't tell if I hit it, but it yells, scrambling back. If possible, it seems to narrow its eyes. It begins fading, but I can tell it's not done with me yet. And I doubt there's only one.

It steps back, its light still fading, and vanishes into the night. The last thing to go is its smile.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I liked this chapter.^^ You are a good writer.:nod: I wonder what'll happen with him and the chameleon? Can't wait to find out!^^

Jedizora

:right:
Awesome chapter. Although I wish you updated more.

I
We execute the plan, and me and Zordo head back to camp.
BTW, I found a typo from one of the earlier chapters. And its my fault, as I used such Similar names, and you are most likely used to typing Zordo, instead of Zord by now.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Shado Trare
District 6

The darkness....it's unnerving....... The Gamemakers have really outdone themselves this time. Of course, they probably made the cameras night vision, so that the audience could see what's going on. I take out a pair of darkness sunglasses, or whatever they're called, and place them over my eyes. Lucky I took this from the Cornucopia. I made sure that only I have these. I have an advantage.

I hear something, like someone running. I turn toward the noise, and in my night sunglasses, I see a girl running away from....something. I step towards the girl. I recognize her as Aya Ki. Then, I look behind her, and my eyes are blinded. Apparently, seeing bright lights in night vision isn't good. I yell, taking the glasses off. I look at the glowing thing....a giant chameleon.....

Aya raises a knife and throws it at the creature. It punctures the arm, causing a bright liquid to ooze from it. It hisses, and lunges at her. She screams, and before she can do anything else, it jabs her in the back with it's tail, sending her sprawling to the ground. She starts jerking wildly, and I realize it must be a nerve toxin. Within a few seconds, the cannon sounds.

A voice yells out into the darkness. "Aya, no!" I turn toward the voice, and in the light of the chameleon, I recognize Reyna. I smile, and begin to unsheathe my sword Another tribute dead is no loss to me. But before I can attack, the chameleon lunges at her, but she dodges, and stabs it in the back. With two separate wounds oozing that bright liquid, it crumples down, and dies. I look at her in the fading light of the muttation, awed that she could have taken it down so easily.

She's breathing heavily. "You're the one who killed that girl," she says. "You killed her, you're the killer, you massacred the Careers......." I chuckle. "What made you figure it out?" She shrugs. "The fact that you just confirmed my suspicion." I frown. It appears as though I have to kill her. "Now now...." I say, stepping toward her. I slash at her, but I stop before I hit.

There's a screech, and three more chameleons charge into the area. I have no desire to share Aya's fate, so I turn and run. A chameleon jumps in front of me. Any normal tribute would have frozen in terror. I don't. I quickly duck its blow and jab my sword into its stomach. It falls over, and I run before its friends can attack.

People who run away are not cowards, they are the smart ones. Another word of advice that is very true. But, I wonder, is valuing your life simply self-preservation, or cowardice? This is the first time I've questioned one of his sayings. Hmmn. That's a historic moment.

Shut up and concentrate, I tell myself. I run to the base of the mountain. I would have ran into it had I not put my night glasses on at the last moment and noticed where I was. Honor in battle means nothing. A noble death means nothing. Remember this, my agent, and win.

I almost yell at myself. The paranoia.....I have the strangest feeling that the Capitol is watching me. Or was that only drilled into my head as well? You are doing a valuable service to the people of Panem. The Capitol is weak. Exploit it, win the Games, and you will 'disappear.' Then, you will return to us.

Why won't his words stop? They've responded in me ever since the beginning of the Games, but not this much...... It's not good, not good, not good...... Then I calm myself. I whisper to myself. "Now, Shado. If the Capitol could read your thoughts, then you'd be dead by now, right. They don't know you work for-"

A screech fills the air. An inhuman screech. I raise my sword, looking at the darkness, determined to give off a vibe of authority.

What I would let no one know is that my expression is something of fear.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I think Shado has some problems. I he trying to keep is pride, follow the advice he was given, or is he just mentally insane? I want him dead or horribly injured. Whichever comes first.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ooo, that was a very interesting chapter.:nod: Especially the end!^^ I wonder what he is afraid of? Can't wait till the next chapter!^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Alright, so I have begun reading this third story, read the prologue and chapter 1. It looks like it's gonna be a hell of a ride atm with that weird dream the gamemaker had. I'll be updating this post as I advance further in the story as the days move along. Good Job, Myriad. ;) Oh, and Lucas seems like a coward so far. I could have probably had that pimply boy down and out for the count in less than three seconds. JK :D but Lucas should have taken him on imo.

--edit--read chapter 2. Cool one, too many died, though.

--edit--I just need to read the updates on page 5 and I am all caught up. ;)

--edit--Thoroughly caught up. Not bad, you need to work on fixing a few typos. And well, I don't like the way people tend to let others run away when they can just simply kill them.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Just reread the story. Because there are no more chapters, I belive this is the end of the hunger games fanfic? :( :( :( (3 sad faces to show how sad I am)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom