• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Collect!

There's always something to collect besides heart pieces,bottles and rupees! :)

TP had those bugs and poes
PH and ST had treasures and boat\train parts
OOT had gold skullutas ... you get it.

what do you think Skyward sword will have?

I'm hoping for more treasures!

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think that the classic pieces-of-triforce would be cool. I'm assuming that there is a triforce and I don't know why it would be broken, but....

Really it could be any number of things. Cloud wisps, some special bits of metal that come from meteorites (like in Eldest of the Inheritance Trilogy) so you can make a super sword?
As for side questy type stuff it always seems random to me. Poes aren't relevant to the main quest in oot, bugs aren't relevant in TP, so I think trying to guess would be hard: something along the lines of "I'm thinking of a number between 1-30 billion"

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I actually hope that there aren't any collectibles. IMO, Collectibles are just a hassle and just slow down the game. I like to try to get 100% but when I find out I only have 50/100 of the collectibles I need for 100% completion and it's already the end of the game, I get frustrated with trying to collect them all. I think they're kind of a lame excuse for a sidequest and they aren't really deep like some sidequests that we've seen in the past. This is just my opinion though and I know that many others would probably disagree with me and would like to see collectibles.

I really want collectables. I was playing this fan game, Time to Triumph, they had Force Gems as collectables. (Not like in FSA.) So I think that would be a great idea. Force Gems have been neglected to be used since FSA, but PH and ST started using them, and ZSS is made by the same people as PH and ST, so I think in some shape or form they may appear.

W

WeeGeeTime

I, personally, would love to see Skulltulas make a comeback.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
It be really cool to collect something that has to do with the sky:)

It would be awesome if you had to collect something in the near beginning of the game, and then you try and figure out what is does and then around the final boss, you finally figure out the use for it and use it to defeat the final boss...

Just a thought^^

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I would like collectables as long as they are done properly. Collecting Gold Skulltulas in OoT is great, but collecting Poes in TP is very tedious for me. Come on, if you're gonna put night-only collectables in the game, you better have something to change day to night quickly (like the Sun's Song)! Collectables shouldn't dominate SS's sidequests either (imo, collectables dominated TP's sidequests). I also want some more complex sidequest like the Kafei/Anju sidequest or a trading sidequest.

The collectibles need to have a great reward at the end, but not something that is useless when its the end of the game. It needs to be something that is fun to use after you beat the game. Like, a cool item that lets you explore a few secret areas that would never be possible to get too, or even a heart warming cutscene or something. And I agree the poes were terrible in TP, as you had no way to control the day/night. the gold skulltulas were awesome because the map showed you where you collected all of them so you didnt waste your time looking in a place that didnt have any. As for what to collect, it doesnt matter too much. I think golden enemies that are much tougher than regular enemies like in the oracle games would be really fun to fight and then they could drop something cool like golden hearts or something. There could be golden darknuts and goldenorctoks and etc.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't really care whether they are there or not, but I think they will, since the games starting from WW had them (do treasure charts count in WW?)

I would like collectables to return in SS, but this must be done right, otherwise, it'll just be boring. Searching for Poe Souls in TP was very boring. A few points I think that are important to make "fun" collectables:

1. Do something interesting about them
Instead of just collecting them for the sake of having them all (and, of course, the final prize) make something interesting about them, for example, the pictures in LA. Those photos were funny! I was always curious to find another one.

2. Don't scatter them randomly across the map
Put the collectables at key points, like at the end of caves, or in chests, not randomly in the middle of a huge field, where we could miss it just because we didn't pay attention.

3. Give some hints
Help the players by giving some basic information, like in OoT, when the map would indicate when an area was clear of golden skultullas, so we wouldn't waste time searching a single one in the WHOLE world map.

4. Not so difficult
It's pointless to have a collectable that's so hard to complete that almost no players will have the patience to do so. Besides, I think collecting all the heart pieces is already a pretty hardcore feat.

5. Possible before the end
Most people don't care if they can't get the reward before finishing the game. (AKA, Mirror Shield in MC)

6. Not such an overpowered reward
This one relates directly with the other two. It won't be good if the reward of a collectable completely spoils the fun of the rest of the game. In MM, for an instance, I completely smashed Majora with Deity Link. It sort of spoiled me from the epic fight. Happily, Fierce Deity Link is so damn cool, it overcame the downside!

And the most important:

7. Quality over Quantity
Instead of a 100 golden skultullas, or 60 poes, just give me 20 masks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom