• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I know that the mature discussion section is a good thing we have on ZU, but...

I think people focus too much on it lately.

Let's talk about video games and other fun stuff, okay?

happy-sponge-future-wives-of-spongebob-9518085-1024-768.jpg

But...but... I don't have time for fun. x___x

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I know that the mature discussion section is a good thing we have on ZU, but...

I think people focus too much on it lately.

Let's talk about video games and other fun stuff, okay?

happy-sponge-future-wives-of-spongebob-9518085-1024-768.jpg

What if we consider the MD to be fun?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Crap, I just remembered that starting this week me and the rest of my class mates have to start using free weights starting today til the rest of the semester. I really hope that it goes well for me because I really don't want to injure myself. :S

If you're going with free weights it's important not to lift beyond what you can handle. A lot of people go with their ego in the gym and try to lift heavy, even beyond their physical capabilities - these same people have awful form (which means they're essentially performing the exercise wrong) and they will end up going to snap city (in other words, injuring themselves).

Start off with what feels comfortable, of course don't go too light, but something that you can lift within whatever rep range you choose.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
If you're going with free weights it's important not to lift beyond what you can handle. A lot of people go with their ego in the gym and try to lift heavy, even beyond their physical capabilities - these same people have awful form (which means they're essentially performing the exercise wrong) and they will end up going to snap city (in other words, injuring themselves).

Start off with what feels comfortable, of course don't go too light, but something that you can lift within whatever rep range you choose.

Well to start off it's not like I'm trying to impress a lady right, but I do want to make myself look better for myself (and before anyone says anything, I am not a narcissist), but yes that's why I see practically every Monday and Wednesday is that either people over do their workouts and either end up like nothing happened or start limping around in a few minutes. I know I must do what based on my own limitations. And to be honest, it's not like I have a choice. My instructor has informed us that we are not allowed to use the machines anymore and only free weights. Maybe it is because I'm not used to do extreme amounts of exercise, especially with weights (as I was quite a casual person in terms of exercise. I can do my running, sprinting, etc. just fine but I rarely touch lifting weights since I have always been afraid that I'd injury myself. :sweat:), but it just makes me worried that one slip-up and I could see myself in the hospital. I'll still take your word because you clearly know a whole lot more when it comes to fitness so I can reassure myself that whenever my turn comes, I shouldn't have to worry so much. Thanks again. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom