• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
It is just me and my little brother now in the boys room. I feel kinda sad and a little lost. He was really the only person who I could talk to in my house.

How about you? Are you the youngest in your family?
Yeah, I've got the one older sister and that's it. Shes usually nice and I like talking to her, but it's really nice to be able to have my own space now. Our apartment is really tiny and with my sister always being in our room I didn't have anywhere to go if I wanted some quiet time. I'll probably miss her, though.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
My older brother just finished moving out. I helped him this weekend and we got everything to his new place. That makes me the oldest boy in the house.
This is kinda me because since my brother has been in college and he’s now almost about to finish his second year, throughout the time he’s been gone I sometimes joke about being the only child lol

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
When my brother moved out I thought I would miss having him in the house, but I never did, and I didn't even think about it afterwards for that matter. I guess you have to actually be close to your siblings for it to affect you (we're close now, but we sure weren't then).

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
This is kinda me because since my brother has been in college and he’s now almost about to finish his second year, throughout the time he’s been gone I sometimes joke about being the only child lol
When my brother moved out I thought I would miss having him in the house, but I never did, and I didn't even think about it afterwards for that matter. I guess you have to actually be close to your siblings for it to affect you (we're close now, but we sure weren't then).

Yeah for me it definitely doesn't feel the same and in a bad way. I currently just have 5 other siblings in the house right now (4 girls and 1 boy). The girls mainly stay with themselves, and my younger brother is a hyper little spud ball who hangs out with the girls, so I dont really relate to either. To put insult to injury, as you may know, I am also homeschooled, so I don't really get to see people I know a lot. Anyway, this could be a longer rant but we will save that for next time.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yeah for me it definitely doesn't feel the same and in a bad way. I currently just have 5 other siblings in the house right now (4 girls and 1 boy). The girls mainly stay with themselves, and my younger brother is a hyper little spud ball who hangs out with the girls, so I dont really relate to either. To put insult to injury, as you may know, I am also homeschooled, so I don't really get to see people I know a lot. Anyway, this could be a longer rant but we will save that for next time.
I’m sorry about that. I understand that feeling. I myself as the younger brother sometimes see myself as inferior to my older brother, who I feel is so much smarter than me and doesn’t have the learning disabilities I do.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
Does your meet with other homeschoolers? That really helps.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I understand, at least with the homeschool aspect :hug:

My close relationships aside from my family are all online. Like, if you asked if I had friends, my first thoughts would go to ZD, pft. I'm really grateful for them because I find I generally communicate and show more of my true self through text (probably because I spend 99% of my time doing that hahahah), but sometimes I'll get down in the dumps when I start to compare myself with most people my age. I know a couple people in real life I could develop a strong relationship with, and I have their numbers, it's just very difficult to start conversations, especially if we don't see each other for months.

ZD's a great place for socializing though because it gives topics to chat about, and even if you don't engage in the conversation, you'll read other people's posts which give an overall sense of community and belonging. DM's are a lot harder to get comfortable with in contrast, especially if you (aka me) have a hard time coming up with conversation starters, pft.

I know online friendships aren't quite the same as in-person, but I and everyone else on ZD will always be here for you, OG.

Does your homeschooling meet with other homeschoolers? That really helps.
It can, but meeting every week for like an hour <<<< meeting everyday at a public school

I never made any deep connections attending homeschool co-ops. I'll admit I didn't try very hard though, going up and talking to people is difficult for me (in-person especially), and I'm pretty sure homeschooling helped that happen. OG may have had a different experience though.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link

My close relationships aside from my family are all online. Like, if you asked if I had friends, my first thoughts would go to ZD, pft. I'm really grateful for them because I find I generally communicate and show more of my true self through text (probably because I spend 99% of my time doing that hahahah), but sometimes I'll get down in the dumps when I start to compare myself with most people my age. I know a couple people in real life I could develop a strong relationship with, and I have their numbers, it's just very difficult to start conversations, especially if we don't see each other for months.

ZD's a great place for socializing though because it gives topics to chat about, and even if you don't engage in the conversation, you'll read other people's posts which give an overall sense of community and belonging. DM's are a lot harder to get comfortable with in contrast, especially if you (aka me) have a hard time coming up with conversation starters, pft.

I know online friendships aren't quite the same as in-person, but I and everyone else on ZD will always be here for you, OG.

It can, but meeting every week for like an hour <<<< meeting everyday at a public school

I never made any deep connections attending homeschool co-ops. I'll admit I didn't try very hard though, going up and talking to people is difficult for me (in-person especially), and I'm pretty sure homeschooling helped that happen. OG may have had a different experience though.
I am sorry those co-ops were of no help.

Its hard cuz in homeschooling you can finish a day’s work in hours, and your friends are still at school most of the day.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
I’m sorry about that. I understand that feeling. I myself as the younger brother sometimes see myself as inferior to my older brother, who I feel is so much smarter than me and doesn’t have the learning disabilities I do.
Yeah it is alright bro. I kinda feel like this is but with how popular my older brother is. For an example, on the Track and Cross Country teams, everyone knows and talks about how great and awesome my older brother is but no really notices me. Look I am not looking for fame but everyone mostly knows me as "So and So's brother." I have been living in all of my older siblings shadows for most of my life.
Does your meet with other homeschoolers? That really helps.
Yeah they dont really help me. Home schoolers are stereotypically unsocialized nerds to put it in simple terms and that is how the co-op I go to is. Dont get me wrong, they are smart and knowledgeable but I cant start a conversation with them unless it is about deep LOTR lore or certain armor variants of the 14th century. I mean, I am still a nerd but I have normal social interactions.

Thanks Echo. I really like talking and sharing stuff with you guys. This a great place and I really enjoy my time on here. Being on here is like being with my older brother. I get to mess around and be a little silly.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The reason I've been quiet lately...

I'm in the process of moving, and after leaving home at 21 years old, and living on my own for a long time, at 34, I'm moving back into my parents' place, and I'm trying to cope with various feelings about it.

My musical creativity is shot right now, my steam for doing blogs is shot, and I've been trying to keep it together, but I'm quite highly stressed.

One, because of my autism, I don't handle big changes, because routines are a place of comfort and security for me.

Two, it's kind of a blow to my self-confidence, because I feel like I'm regressing, where I used to be independent, now, I have to rely on others because I guess my "independence" was really a masking behavior for my neurodivergence, and unmasking has brought a lot of sore spots to the surface.

Three, I've been more impulsive in my moods lately, due to the stress of moving out, and I feel an isolation feeling lately.

Four, I've been trying to get back into college, and I feel there I haven't progressed at all. I now know why, it's because of unmanaged ADHD and autism that caused me to be put on academic probation twice, and I feel a lot of them aren't going to be as forgiving this time around, even though I know I am entitled to academic accommodations being neurodivergent.

Five, I got married to my wife in my current location, and I have a ton of awesome memories here, I'm going to miss it.

Six, even though the two bands I'm in practices all the time, I don't feel a sense of progression. We practice the same stuff, and I get most excited with new ideas, and lately, I've been a bit prickley and assertive moreso than usual due to the stress, and when my needs for ADHD get met, my autism comes out strongly, so I've been more rigid in thinking, which isn't good for refining musical ideas.

I just really am getting scared of being burnt out, and I usually when that happens, skills I've learned regress, and it's a lot more effort to build new pathways to access them again.

I'm terrified that 27 years of guitar playing is going to get pruned because of this stress.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
The reason I've been quiet lately...

I'm in the process of moving, and after leaving home at 21 years old, and living on my own for a long time, at 34, I'm moving back into my parents' place, and I'm trying to cope with various feelings about it.

My musical creativity is shot right now, my steam for doing blogs is shot, and I've been trying to keep it together, but I'm quite highly stressed.

One, because of my autism, I don't handle big changes, because routines are a place of comfort and security for me.

Two, it's kind of a blow to my self-confidence, because I feel like I'm regressing, where I used to be independent, now, I have to rely on others because I guess my "independence" was really a masking behavior for my neurodivergence, and unmasking has brought a lot of sore spots to the surface.

Three, I've been more impulsive in my moods lately, due to the stress of moving out, and I feel an isolation feeling lately.

Four, I've been trying to get back into college, and I feel there I haven't progressed at all. I now know why, it's because of unmanaged ADHD and autism that caused me to be put on academic probation twice, and I feel a lot of them aren't going to be as forgiving this time around, even though I know I am entitled to academic accommodations being neurodivergent.

Five, I got married to my wife in my current location, and I have a ton of awesome memories here, I'm going to miss it.

Six, even though the two bands I'm in practices all the time, I don't feel a sense of progression. We practice the same stuff, and I get most excited with new ideas, and lately, I've been a bit prickley and assertive moreso than usual due to the stress, and when my needs for ADHD get met, my autism comes out strongly, so I've been more rigid in thinking, which isn't good for refining musical ideas.

I just really am getting scared of being burnt out, and I usually when that happens, skills I've learned regress, and it's a lot more effort to build new pathways to access them again.

I'm terrified that 27 years of guitar playing is going to get pruned because of this stress.

I am ADD High Functioning Autism and I am going through a spiral myself...

I totally feel the impulsivity.. been doing that a lot lately. I also do not want things to change.. routines and consistency helps.

I also relate to futility, the feeling that you are in a stand still, watching yourself do the same things like in your case guitar with the band.

I relate to the burn out.. blog wise, I got my biggest following ever and they want brilliant posts and lots of em and I feel gutted by RL, with nothin to say and they slowly trickling away cuz I can’t be their magic genie to make them fill thrilled..

I need to finish college, and the degree I fear will be obsolete by the time I get back to finishing..

Regressing, I feel that.. I have a lot I could say on my own regressions.

All I can say is.. I am sorry you too are in gauntlet (See video).

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I'm not sure I've known anyone who actually made good relationships at those things, lol. I certainly didn't, but that being said, public school also ain't all it's cracked up to be, I really couldn't see you enjoying it in the current climate. And if it makes you feel any better, most relationships you make as a kid don't last into adulthood either way. That actually sounds more depressing than I meant it to lol but its true.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
I'm not sure I've known anyone who actually made good relationships at those things, lol. I certainly didn't, but that being said, public school also ain't all it's cracked up to be, I really couldn't see you enjoying it in the current climate. And if it makes you feel any better, most relationships you make as a kid don't last into adulthood either way. That actually sounds more depressing than I meant it to lol but its true.
Truth, non of my childhood friendships prevailed.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I had one of my best ever irl friendgroups at a co-op in 2019 then <world event> and next thing you know I ended up here. Fascinating discussion this last page or so about siblings and homeschool and all that cool stuff and I kinda wanna throw in my $0.02 but I would probably end up in angry rant territory for multiple reasons and I don't really wanna go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom