• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I had to shovel the deck yesterday. While most people are almost on their way to the beach, I'm still in a winter jacket clearing the snow away from the house.
And we still have our christmas tree out, but it looks about the same as it did in December.

Looks like spring, eh?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Prof: Hey, I know you just told me about this massive ******* paper that has a 20 page draft due by Monday, but could you have a summary and analysis of this article done by Monday afternoon? kthnxbai

7L6bF.jpg

Yeah, thanks. I needed some light reading for this weekend in the middle of trying to re-construct a thesis for my paper that my seminar adviser said was unusable (did I mention a 20 page draft was due on Monday?)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Somebody told me Avenged Sevenfold was kicking off their new tour in my province, so I was like "hell ya, I'm going!" Then I realized the closest show is in Prince George, which is 9 hours away. :dry:

Makes total sense, play at the tiny northern cities instead of the metropolis, ya, great plan.

Disappointed. :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Why do my friends say stuff that they know is going to excite me, but intentionally leave out details? Do they want to see the look of disappointment on my face? Did they just want to troll? My friends really piss me off sometimes.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I really need to sleep, but I need to finish my PowerPoint. I can feel the bags under my eyes getting worse and my guts are churning pretty badly. I really need to cuddle with that special someone. Even if I feel miserable right now, my mood is pretty good.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today mum told me she needs to leave dad. I totally agree, but that doesn't make it less terrifying.
I don't know how she can support the 4 kids (not including me, I pretty much cover myself now anyway) on her own. She doesn't have a license, a car, any money and hasn't had a job in almost 20 years. And I'm probably going to the city next year for university.
I know this is really ******* selfish to say, but I don't know how I can handle this on top of what's already the most stressful year of my life so far :/

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Today mum told me she needs to leave dad. I totally agree, but that doesn't make it less terrifying.
I don't know how she can support the 4 kids (not including me, I pretty much cover myself now anyway) on her own. She doesn't have a license, a car, any money and hasn't had a job in almost 20 years. And I'm probably going to the city next year for university.
I know this is really ******* selfish to say, but I don't know how I can handle this on top of what's already the most stressful year of my life so far :/

There's nothing selfish in considering your own feelings - it's perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that your family situation is going to be stressful for you in the coming months. Just being there as an emotional support for your mother will make a huge difference - in addition to anything you can do to help with finding her a job, hunting down paperwork, or any other logistical gobbly-****. Balancing your own needs against family responsibilities is hard at any age, but you can only take things as they come. There's not a lot of sense in worrying about theoreticals.

Keep your head up, do what you can, and deal with the rest as it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom