• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I wish I was more confident and knew my value in life - that I had a value. I wish I didn't have all these weird existential fears that I am holding the world back in some way, that I'm a throwaway person that would have been nixed before birth by eugenics or something in a perfectly-programmed world. I wish I didn't fear that everything I do is wrong and that my existence is a scar on reality.

I'm depressed right now, but the thing is, I worry about these things sometimes when I'm feeling alright - particularly when I'm creating something new, writing a new story and whatnot. I not only wonder if whatever I'm working on will be any good, literary-wise, I worry that my ideas might actually be harming the world because they come out of a hopelessly superstitious and crazy brain.

If I really do have nothing good to give the world, I wish my survival instincts would fail, but they haven't yet.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I wish I was more confident and knew my value in life - that I had a value. I wish I didn't have all these weird existential fears that I am holding the world back in some way, that I'm a throwaway person that would have been nixed before birth by eugenics or something in a perfectly-programmed world. I wish I didn't fear that everything I do is wrong and that my existence is a scar on reality.

I'm depressed right now, but the thing is, I worry about these things sometimes when I'm feeling alright - particularly when I'm creating something new, writing a new story and whatnot. I not only wonder if whatever I'm working on will be any good, literary-wise, I worry that my ideas might actually be harming the world because they come out of a hopelessly superstitious and crazy brain.

If I really do have nothing good to give the world, I wish my survival instincts would fail, but they haven't yet.

You are still alive for a reason, just keep moving forward until you fulfill that reason. ^_^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
First of all, Vee is the greatest!!!!!! =D Second of all, still basking in that glory of the snow!!!!!!! Third of all, I get to make cookie people tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I'm happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clank

Hmm
First of all, Vee is the greatest!!!!!! =D Second of all, still basking in that glory of the snow!!!!!!! Third of all, I get to make cookie people tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I'm happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly I am jealous, I want to have fun making cookies, but alas, can making cookies be fun when they merely remind you how much you miss someone?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Semester ends Monday. I finally will have some free ti... time to start reading for comp exams next fall...

I hate it when people are quick to make assumptions about other people. Fundamental attribution error is what it's known as. If all of us just took time to get to know one another, then this wouldn't occur as much as it does. It would also be helpful to know the full story and context before acting on preconceived notions—just try on someone else's shoes for a bit. Assume makes an "***" out of "u" (you) and "me." But alas, with the way that the world is and popular media and such, things will never change. To the innermost sanctum of quietude (my mind whilst in a meditative state) I go.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just got home from work. At the end of my shift today the store manager called me into the office and promoted me to Crew Chief :) As the Crew Chief I am the leader of the 18 Crew Trainers (I was a Crew Trainer). As Crew Cheif I moderate the evaluations of crew and make sure the Crew Trainers are doing them properly. I also ensure that all Crew Trainers are up to standard and look for anyone to promote in the future. I wasn't expecting it, it just came out of nowhere :)

Dan

Welp I think my depressing story tops every post in this thread, I was at the store and ordered an ice cream with a smartie on the top(you know those chocolate circles), I went to the toilet and left it on the bench... when I got back...it...it... it had gone, only the smartie was left, needless to say, I'm in pieces over this.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

Uhm, I don't know about you, but I find you very influential. I love your artwork, your writing, and I'm confident in saying that you're one of my role models. I'm not pulling this out of my *** to make you feel better; it legitimately comes from the bottom of my heart. Never give up hope!

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Welp I think my depressing story tops every post in this thread, I was at the store and ordered an ice cream with a smartie on the top(you know those chocolate circles), I went to the toilet and left it on the bench... when I got back...it...it... it had gone, only the smartie was left, needless to say, I'm in pieces over this.

What a tragedy, Dan. I'll start organizing charities for you. I just can't believe our world is in such a broken state that something this horrible could happen to someone.

Anyways, as for my depressing thing, when I turned on my television it literally exploded. I'm okay for the most part except a piece of plastic hit me in the face. I wish I knew what happened because that was TOTALLY random. And that tv was pricey. Why do electronics hate me :kawaii:

Salem

SICK
Anyways, as for my depressing thing, when I turned on my television it literally exploded. I'm okay for the most part except a piece of plastic hit me in the face. I wish I knew what happened because that was TOTALLY random. And that tv was pricey. Why do electronics hate me :kawaii:
Oh my God, goos thing you're okay.

Was it loud?

This actually one of my fears I'm always afraid a tv might explode or something when I was younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom