• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda THEORY: The Legend of Zelda CD-I Games in the TIMELINE?

Link.D

EdwardDaChosenOne
YouTube Username: TheMarioDude1

*DISCLAIMER* THIS ISN'T REALLY A THEORY IT'S MORE OF A THOUGHT. AND YES THIS IS NON-CANON, BUT IT'S SAYING "WHAT IF?" So please be useful in the comments.

HEY GUYS! So I know us Zelda fans don't like to talk about the tragic "Zelda Philips CD-I games". And I don't think there is one Zelda Fan who actually likes the Philips CD-I games. And you know something is bad when most lines from it have been turned into memes!

For Example:

"I'M SO HUNGRY I COULD EAT AN OCTOROK!"

"MA BOI!"

"I WONDER WHAT'S FOR DINNER?"

"YOU MUST DIE!"

AND EVERYONES FAVORITE

"SQUADALA!"

But come on, you have to admit... This fan artwork is cool.

Zelda_Holiday_Special_by_nicochi.jpg

But other from that, if these games were in the timeline, which place would they be in?
Now let's look at the artwork from The CD-I games and The first Zelda game!

resemble.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but they look very similar. You might say it does not depend on the artwork. But to me it does. Each Zelda game has a different art style, except for the sequels. And yes I know, Spirit Tracks has the same artstyle as Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. And the upcoming Wii U Zelda game will apparently have the same artstyle as Skyward Sword, but we don't know if it's a sequel or a new incarnation of Link yet do we? So that's not important now. I am mentioning sequels quite often, that is because I think the "CD-I Link" Is the same Link as the one in the 1986 classic. Another reason to support this is that Link already knows Zelda, The King and Impa. Impa also has a very similar artstyle to the first and second Zelda game. Yet again, another reason to support this theory, is that the Zelda Timeline was still a "legend" or a "myth" when that game was developed and created. So the developers obviously made the "Link" in their game, the same Link in Zelda I and Zelda II... Nuff said.

And this is my theory, that the CD-I games would be sequels to The first Zelda games. Just after the first two in the timeline.

Any corrections? PLEASE REPLY! Keep on replying and making more theories about this theory so I can make ONE BIG THEORY for my YouTube channel!

Thank you for reading! :)

Oh yes, visit my page and add me as a friend. And plus, my 3DS friend code is on there! :daphnes::wallpush::):chu::cucco::fairy::zelda::mastersword:

Last edited:
The CD-I games were not developed by Nintendo and are not considered official Zelda titles which makes them non-canon. So if something is non-canon, it's not official and can't really be included in canon debates.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Wow, I did kind of figured there would be some meanspiritedness going on in any discussion of the CD-I but I wish to see some more consideration for respecting new members in the future.

As for the topic, if the CD-I games (Take note of what the OP said and my sentence, I wrote "if". Keep your anger and emotions in check. Thank you in advance) were canon, I'd say they'd be after Spirit Tracks. It fits the more light-hearted, mystical atmosphere of those games.

Last edited:
Hmm... yeah, sounds about right. I'd have probably placed after the first two games as well, or somewhere around there, as the similarities are noteworthy...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think it's perfectly fine to speculate on possible placements within the timeline...

A couple of months ago I attempted to make a theory regarding the possible placements and even connections however it's hard to come up with theories when you have little knowledge or interest in said games. I tried to look into the games and watch videos however I just couldn't stand the games narrative whatsoever, it just seemed to alien for me, any theory that I would make completely flawed.

Alright let's not start pointing fingers. I admit, I made an error in my post so I'm more than happy to answer properly this time.

Despite the CD-I games not being canonical to the main series, if I were to guess where they potentially could go... I actually don't know. It kinda makes sense that it would take place after the events of Zelda II, but in the very first CD-I Zelda game, Ganon is alive and well, so it kinda raises the question about how did Ganon manage to revive himself without using Link as a Sacrifice? In Zelda II, link needed to be sacrificed in order to revive Ganon, however by completing Zelda II Ganon's resurrection was prevent. I don't see any other reason how Ganon could be revived and have the same Link in Zelda II and Wand of Gamelon unless the Link in Wand of Gamelon is not the same Link in Zelda II.

Like I say the CD-I games have very little connection with the main games, so it's kinda hard to make sense of it all.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't care what you think about these games but please keep it civil and respect each other. There is no need to insult and discourage a member by posting insulting replies. You won't like it if it happens to you as well. So continue but keep it civil

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
What? A slot in the timeline for the CD-i games? Here's the unreleased censored timeline Nintendo doesn't want us to know about.

There is an child and adult timeline, but there is also a lost third timeline. Nintendo calls it "A Man Named Philips Rapes The Princess" or AMNPRTP for short. First is Gamelon, then Evil, followed by Adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom