• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Zelda Game That Took You the Longest to Beat.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
Mine was OOT without a doubt , here are a list of reasons why :
SPOILERS

1- Dodongo cavern : When I was a kid I never bothered to read signs so I did not know that you had to bomb the eyes of the giant skull dodongo.
2- Entering Jabujabu : How was I suppose to know that I needed to put fish in front of him!
3-Getting my horse : It's so cryptic ! First of all you need to ride the horses 2 times in the barn then you have to get in Epona and then talk to Ingo. Then you have to race him twice and win and then jump over the really hard fence!
4-Water temple: do I really need to explain why?
5-Gerudo valley: I was not stuck because of puzzles it's more because of the fact that if you get caught you start back at the beginning and I am terrible at stealth missions.
6-But the worst of them all was THE FOREST TEMPLE!!!! : How was I suppose to know that you where supposed to shoot the paintings , how was I suppose to know that there was a key in the first room , and those WALLMASTERS if you get caught you start back at the beginning of the dungeon!!:mad:

OoT took me ages when I was young. Don't remember why, probably just not knowing exactly where to go or what to do. Switching boots in the water temple made me want to eat a shotgun, too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ocarina of Time, it must have taken me over a year to do my first playthrough. I started when I was 4 and did not have much of a clue what I was doing.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Well...

:ricky: Oracle of Seasons. There were so many puzzles and different things that were difficult to figure out, like that
Onox's weakness is the spin attack.

I died so many times on that level until I finally did one on accident.

:majora: Majora's Mask and :eek:carina: Ocarina of time may have been harder, but :rosa: Seasons was the most recent one I've played. :bunnylink: ALttP was hard too, though, as was :malon::ezlo::vaati: Minish Cap.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
In terms of actual hours, it has to be Skyward Sword. In terms of from when I started the game to when I finished it (not including erasing files and restarting), it would be A Link Between Worlds, I suppose.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
either wind waker or twilight princess,both b/c i was stuck on a certain part for a while

for wind waker,it was when it was time to go to the earth/wind temple,i had NO clue i was suppose to shoot the frog dude's cloud atop of those giant cyclones,and i can't even remember how i managed to figure that out [maybe my oldest brother showed me? i'm not sure]
after that,you know i learned the song,mother and childs isle,fire/ice arrows etc.
next time i got stuck was facing puppet ganon,took a while but probably not as long as post zelda's awakening

as for twilight princess,it was getting the big key in the city in the sky
i COMPLETELY forgot that i could balance on those ropes as a wolf,i mean the last time you did that was when midna was sick or something and you had to take her to zelda,which was a while back in the game
as for how i found that out...accident.....i was just hanging out there as a wolf one time and OMG I KIN PROGRESS

every zelda after that,if i got stuck for too long,i resorted to walkthroughs...hardcore,ain't it

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
OoT by far. I was maybe 7 or 8 when I played it first, was my first Zelda that I had for my own. I didn't even understand proper English, so it wasn't obvious what I had to do. There was no internet to use for help back then neither. My only help came from magazines.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Adventure of Link for sure. I completed it over the course of a three year period with well over 100 deaths.

Reasons:

• Death Mountain
  • Valley of Death
  • Blue Darknuts
  • Dairas
  • The Great Palace

I swore I would never play that game again...

So I naturally went and bought another copy via the Wii VC when it was released.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
OoT- I loved the game as a kid, but I was too afraid of the Shadow Temple. There's skulls and wheezing sounds and blood and monsters! From when I started the game to when I returned to gaming and finished it : 13 years.

octorok74

TETTAC
Zelda II, mainly because I'm still working on it. It's taking me years. And all because the caverns you go through to get the hammer are super hard. The whole game is hard. Unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom