• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Seal / Imprisoning War

The only problem is, Ganon is not after the Triforce in FSA. Heck I don't even think the game references the Triforce at all. And that would kinda mess up the whole idea of the Seal War in the first place. All the people of Hyrule were looking for the Sacred Realm, in order to get the Triforce. From what I understand of FSA, Ganon is trying to find some pyramid so he can get the Trident of Power. So, its kinda off. Which is why I need to play it to get more info.

Ah, that is true. But, FSA says that no one knew the resting place of the Triforce (somewhere. I can't remember where). Ganon's motives are debatable though. He could've wanted to use the TridentoP to locate the SR. Problems arise though. If he was sealed in the FS, and the FS was sealed in the SR, he would've gotten his wish regardless. Irony sucks...

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I just think your making it much harder than it is just to try and prove a certain timeline. I'll use your logic and suggest a quote from ALttP that says the Seal was cast first, THEN Ganon entered. Because I have provided quotes that clearly would make anyone believe the order happened with Ganon being in the SW, finding the SR, then getting sealed. All your info is based on basically assumptions to try and make sense for LoZ to come before ALttP, and so far you haven't provided a single quote to try and prove your theory.

Meh, doesn't matter much to me where LoZ goes honestly. My point is only that there's no proof of a direct continuity between the Seal War and aLttP. Especially since they're said to happen centuries apart.

And yes, I have provided quotes.

The Zelda series wasn't made to be a puzzle of intricate details to figure out a timeline. And even though we all use those intricate details, they are not the basis of the game's stories. In my opinion, ALttP lays it out pretty clear that Ganon was sealed in the SR during the time of the SW, the same time he wished on the Triforce. I have never, not one time, even considered that it would mean anything otherwise by playing through the game, even before I cared about the timeline and just played the game.
So because you personally hadn't considered a possibility, that makes it undeniably false? Interesting.

Meh, doesn't matter much to me where LoZ goes honestly. My point is only that there's no proof of a direct continuity between the Seal War and aLttP. Especially since they're said to happen centuries apart.

There's also no direct proof that LoZ/AoL happened in between the events either, other than the Miyamoto Order statement. As far as quotes go, I'm talking about in-game information or at least some hints from the games themselves that would rival the obvious intent of the game.

So because you personally hadn't considered a possibility, that makes it undeniably false? Interesting.

No, I consider everything a possibility until its ruled it out with better facts. I used to believe the entire Four Sword Saga came way after WW on the AT. Once I seen a bunch of quotes and stuff from the games, and heard other's arguments, I changed my mind about it. I also used to consider OoX to have taken place after ALttP/LA, some generation later. That also changed, only recently in fact.

So I have considered and believed other options before. I'm open to any kind of information that would hold a good argument against what I have already presented, but I havent seen any. I'm not so stubborn that I would never change my timeline, but I won't if there's no reason to. I wouldn't trade obvious in-game references and quotes for speculations with no kind of backup whatsoever. That's why I don't consider LoZ/AoL coming before ALttP as something that I might change my timeline to.

Last edited:

startimer

Resident Cartographer
a tree said:
Wow! I haven't seen a normal person in a few hundred years! Let me talk to you for a while. Surprisingly, the Triforce created this world to fulfill Ganon's wish. What is Ganons's wish, you ask? It's to rule the entire cosmos! Don't you think it might be possible with the power of the Triforce behind you?

You can get two things out of this quote:
1.The Dark World has been around for hundreds of years.
2.Ganon created the Dark world.

I'm not sure which side this will help, but i thought it neede mentioning

BTW this quote came from the GBA version

Pinecove

Last Chance
My veiws on the SW:

Important note: Makai = realm. Ganon has one of these in every game.

Pre-OoT: Hyrule is created. The SR was at one point part of Hyrule but once the prolounged wars occured, it was sealed (by the building of the Temple of time) to another world/dimension.

OoT: Ganon enters the Sacred Realm and touches the Triforce - covered in darkness (not like in AlttP where it's literally transformed), and the Sages seal Ganon inside the Dark World (in reality, they re-close the existing gateway, according to Rauru)

TWW: Ganon breaks the Sages' Seal and threatens Hyrule; he still uses the Dark World as his makai, but attempts to turn Hyrule into a makai as well. After TWW the Dark world goes back to being the SR.

FSA: Ganondorf of FSA "rediscovers" the Sacred realm and transforms it into the Dark world upon becoming Ganon; prior to this it seems all knowledge of it was lost during the time between OoT and FSA (not unlikely seeing as there was a flood) - he uses it once again to threaten Hyrule and is sealed there by the maidens (like how OoT's was the same as pre-OoT, FSA's is the same as OoT's seal)

ALttP: Ganon breaks the Sages' Seal but is struck down by Link, who finally uses the Triforce to cleanse the Sacred Realm.

Important notes:
The SR was corrupted twice.
There were two seals on the SR.
The seal mentioned in the backstory is OoT the seal in game is the FSA seal.

My veiws on the SW:

Important note: Makai = realm. Ganon has one of these in every game.

Pre-OoT: Hyrule is created. The SR was at one point part of Hyrule but once the prolounged wars occured, it was sealed (by the building of the Temple of time) to another world/dimension.

OoT: Ganon enters the Sacred Realm and touches the Triforce - covered in darkness (not like in AlttP where it's literally transformed), and the Sages seal Ganon inside the Dark World (in reality, they re-close the existing gateway, according to Rauru)

TWW: Ganon breaks the Sages' Seal and threatens Hyrule; he still uses the Dark World as his makai, but attempts to turn Hyrule into a makai as well. After TWW the Dark world goes back to being the SR.

FSA: Ganondorf of FSA "rediscovers" the Sacred realm and transforms it into the Dark world upon becoming Ganon; prior to this it seems all knowledge of it was lost during the time between OoT and FSA (not unlikely seeing as there was a flood) - he uses it once again to threaten Hyrule and is sealed there by the maidens (like how OoT's was the same as pre-OoT, FSA's is the same as OoT's seal)

ALttP: Ganon breaks the Sages' Seal but is struck down by Link, who finally uses the Triforce to cleanse the Sacred Realm.

Important notes:
The SR was corrupted twice.
There were two seals on the SR.
The seal mentioned in the backstory is OoT the seal in game is the FSA seal.

So you're automatically assuming that FSA follows WW? Biased...;)

Anyway. Quite plausible, but you seem to be forgetting the fact that Aonuma has only stated that three games happen on the AT: WW, PH, and ST. When the timeline split in 2003, all the other games were left on the CT, plotholes and all. WW was the only game on the AT at that point in time. PH and ST followed suit afterwards.

Pinecove

Last Chance
So you're automatically assuming that FSA follows WW? Biased...

Yes, because I believe AlttP to be the SW. I don't have to prove FSA is on the AT to make my theory work. That's idiocy.

Anyway. Quite plausible, but you seem to be forgetting the fact that Aonuma has only stated that three games happen on the AT: WW, PH, and ST. When the timeline split in 2003, all the other games were left on the CT, plotholes and all. WW was the only game on the AT at that point in time. PH and ST followed suit afterwards.

Oh bloody hell, that's stupid logic. There's no proof that that happened, and LoZ/AoL seem to take place on the adult timeline aswell. THAT is baised.

Yes, because I believe AlttP to be the SW. I don't have to prove FSA is on the AT to make my theory work. That's idiocy.

Wait... You believe ALttP to be the SW? The SW took place before ALttP. I believe you may have gotten confused or misplaced ALttP with another game title.

Oh bloody hell, that's stupid logic. There's no proof that that happened, and LoZ/AoL seem to take place on the adult timeline aswell. THAT is baised.

Idiocricy, but you were close.

I can say the same about your theory. I think that placing the games on the AT is stupid logic. It's stupid logic to argue that my logic is stupid logic.

Intent places LoZ and AoL on the AT. This was changed when WW altered the timeline.

Plus, ALttP must come after TP at some point in time.

OoT: MS in in ToT.
TP: MS in ToT, which has decayed and Lost Woods is growing around it.
ALttP: MS is in Lost Woods. All remnants from the ToT are gone. And since ALttP precursors LoZ and AoL, well, I think you can see what happens there. ;)

Pinecove

Last Chance
Idiocricy, but you were close.

I can say the same about your theory. I think that placing the games on the AT is stupid logic. It's stupid logic to argue that my logic is stupid logic.

Intent places LoZ and AoL on the AT. This was changed when WW altered the timeline.

ALttP: MS is in Lost Woods. All remnants from the ToT are gone. And since ALttP precursors LoZ and AoL, well, I think you can see what happens there.

Saying "I believe this happens" and saying "This MUST happen" are two completely different things.

And LoZ/AoL sem to have MORE intent of being on the AT because of maze island in PH.

Ah but MM and TP are the only games confirmed to take place on the CT hense the rest of them should come on the AT. It doesn't work that way kid. Nice playing with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colin Creevey

I place all games apart from MM and TP on the AT. My main argument is geography. It's easier to move a sword from one place to another (even if it's at the bottom of the sea) than to move a mountain.

Saying "I believe this happens" and saying "This MUST happen" are two completely different things.

And LoZ/AoL sem to have MORE intent of being on the AT because of maze island in PH.

Me said:

ALttP: MS is in Lost Woods. All remnants from the ToT are gone. And since ALttP precursors LoZ and AoL, well, I think you can see what happens there.

Pinecove said:
Ah but MM and TP are the only games confirmed to take place on the CT hense the rest of them should come on the AT. It doesn't work that way kid. Nice playing with you.

Good point. ;)

lulz 50 characters........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom