• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Sad Stories of Zelda

tell me what you think the saddest moments in the legend of zelda are

in my opinion it is the story of skull kid in majoras mask

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Link & Marin
Midna leaving & breaking the mirror
The deaths of Fi and Impa
The forest boy from ALttP
Ganondorf's backstory and demise in WW - grouped with King Hyrule's death as well
Zelda's sealing in SS
Link's fate after OoT
The Deku Butler's son
Anju & Kafei
the passing on of Darmani and Mikau
The untold apocalypse of Lanayru region & the subsequent fate of the robots (Skipper in particular)

*EDIT* I forgot about Groose's sacrifice of his own happiness for Zelda's sake. GROOSE YOU'RE SUCH A BRO!!!

Last edited:

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
The untold tale of Lanayru Desert in SS, Fi's sealing, Impa's passing, as well as Midna leaving Hyrule and breaking the Mirror of Twilight. I didn't like Midna that much at all in the ending, but nonetheless, it was terribly sad, the way she broke the Mirror, symbolizing how the Twilight Realm and Hyrule were never to "see" each other again.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
-Midna's loosing life and needs Princess Zelda

-Rutela telling Link to save her son, Princes Ralis, and also telling to tell Ralis that she love him to no end.

-Link and Zelda's moment in OoT

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There are several sad moments for me in Zelda.

The deaths of Mikau and Darmani (MM)
Anju and Kafei reunion (MM)
Zelda sending Link to his time (OoT)
Flute Boy backstory (ALttP)
Rutela's death (TP)
Midna breaking the Mirror (TP)
Skipper's backstory (SS)
Zelda falling asleep (SS)
Fi's departure and Impa's death (SS)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The Deku Butler's Son
Anju + Kafei
Darmani's death
Mikau's death
Pamela's dad
Cremia + Romani + "them"

MM was a very sad game :(

SS Zelda in the crystal thing
ALttP uncle dying
ALttP flute boy
WW saying goodbye to King Hyrule
WW leaving your home in the beginning (and the end was bittersweet as well)
Goodbye to Navi
Farewell Ciela
i GUESS saying bye to Fi. (not for me, i hated fi, but for the general fanbase)
Saying bye to Midna
Ilia's memory loss

Zelda is good at sad stuff...

One thing that has always got me, that no one talks about, is when Link sees Mido guarding Saria's location in the Lost Woods when Link is an adult in OoT. Mido was a cruel bully to you as a kid, but when you returned he has obviously changed. He recognizes your clothes and talks about 'him'. When your about to move onward he says:

"And also...
I'm sorry for being mean to him.
Tell him that, too."

I always want to hug him and tell him who I was and that it's ok :lol:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Both of mine have already been mentioned by others, but I'll say them anyway.

My two stories are Cremia and Romani and Link and Marin. I've already gone over why in other threads; these two stories are what I consider to be the saddest moments in Zelda history. Cremia tries to protect her little sister from the falling moon by giving her Chateau Romani to dull her senses, and then the spend their final moments together. I'm an older sister, and I understand Cremia perfectly. It is, in fact, the only story in any video game ever that's brought tears to my eyes.

The entire story of Link's Awakening is also heartbreaking, particularly with Link and Marin. I love Marin to death, and I always feel just awful at the end of the game. It's even worse when you play through while you know what's going to happen, and she tells you all of her wishes and dreams and everything, about how she wants to be a seagull and all of that...

One thing that gets to me is that even though you save Zora's Domain in Ocarina it doesn't thaw out. I know it does eventually because of TP ut its sad that you don't get to see it in Ocarina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom