• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The mystery of Link's items

bellum

Gamer since age 2
ah yes maybe Kaepora Gaebora (the owl) carries his stuff like in a bank and every time he annoys link he also drops of some of his items

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
Do you remember those awful legend of zelda cartoons ages ago ? the ones hwere he kept saying " excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!" ?
He held his hand near his belt and his item of choice magically appeared in his hand. Maybe that sort ofd thing happens in the zelda games, except we dont see. Although, look at this.

He has lots of stuff on his back there. maybe he has a large bag.
Edit : something I just realised...He must be really strong ot carry all that....maybe he can carry it becuaseo f his power bracelet/ ( see the wrist that connects to the hand that connects to the sword )
that HAS to be how he does it, i alwasys wonderd how he did it as well (play oot without a sheild and it will do the same as if you have a sheild)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I always liked the way they handled it on the cartoon, where the item was small and would grow to the standard size when it was caleld upon. It sort of falls into the magic satchel theory I suppose, but moreso plays on the idea that the items themselves are magical.

I always thought that old image of him walking with all of the items on his back was funny. Just how does he effectively fight with all of that gear? I doubt he asks for a time-out before each fight to put everything down first.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I know that this isnt canon, but in the TV show, Link has a bag that things just magically go into and come out of.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've never played Dungeons and Dragons, but according to those I know who play it, a very standard item in that game is a "Bag of Holding" which defies the laws of natural physics (but has its own limiting rules).

I just always figured that Link has some Bags of Holding on him - his pouches and satchels.

Then, in Twilight Princess, I believe Midna at one point outright states something about storing his stuff (Ordon sword and shield) - shadow magic hammerspace.

Then, also when I was playing Twilight Princess, my fiance' was watching as I stowed away the Ball and Chain and shouted out an old, ooooold Transformers cartoon and toy fandom joke: "STORAGE SHUNT!"

Shnappy

derp
It's just like any other game with an inventory. A pants pocket can carry a hookshot, bow, hammer, etc. There is no answer, as many people have already stated.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Link has a bottomless pocket....

But seriously: Who knows? Many people wonder, but there is no answer. Well, not yet anyway. Maybe an invisible person carries them. Maybe he can pull then out of thin air. Maybe he hides them under his hat. There are so many posibilities.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The games are all about magic. And Hylians are supposed to have magical abilities in their blood. So maybe shrinking items down to a small size to fit in a small pouch is one of them.

B

blhand26

Do you remember those awful legend of zelda cartoons ages ago ? the ones hwere he kept saying " excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!" ?
He held his hand near his belt and his item of choice magically appeared in his hand. Maybe that sort of thing happens in the zelda games, except we dont see.

I think that that's exactly what happens to me it makes the most sense.:D
The only other theory I have is that he has LOTS of pockets.
BTW those shows were awesome!!!!!!!! :):):) ;)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think that that's exactly what happens to me it makes the most sense.:D
The only other theory I have is that he has LOTS of pockets.
BTW those shows were awesome!!!!!!!! :):):) ;)

I love how you comment on his thing about the Zelda show and not mine! lol anyway, like I said like 4 posts ago, in the show he had a magical bag. He could take out and put in anything he wanted to and it would fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom