• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The mystery of Link's items

I think they could easily justify this if they wanted to in a Zelda game. It's all about placement and explanation I suppose. Instead of just having a Ball and Chain the size of a goron, have it be a magical Ball and Chain that can be condensed, etc. If it's just proposed as some regular old Ball and Chain, it just doesn't sound the same. If the items have a magical aspect to them, one can't really argue or question its ability as far as magic goes.

I thought it'd always be cool/fun/more realistic to start Link out with a limited amount of space to show that his rear, or back, or shield, or whatever isn't magical in itself, because I don't recall the Hero of Time ever being spoke of for his anal storage capacity. So players would obviously have to strategize which items they may need. Of course there will still be some exaggeration; for instance, players would be allowed an extra pair of boots, 2 major weapons, 1 shield, and other smaller trinkets that don't make one wonder "Where on earth is all of this stored?"
....and then eventually later on in the game Link obtains a magic pouch that eliminates all skeptical approaches...or heck, just make Link recieve the magic pouch at the beginning of the game. Usually he only gets a sword and shield...and clothes, but if you throw in magic pouch, then it's golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom