• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda- The Iron War Sign Ups

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I've noticed that we have a lot of people with "unknown" hometowns. Cabbage I'm sure gets it, but I don't know if everybody is thinking of "hometown" the same way. I think some of you might have thought we were talking about where the character is currently living, but it was intended as where the character was actually born. If one of you could change it to not getting into their past, or something like that, I would really appreciate it. Also, just as a reminder, you have (technically) three hours to continue signing up. To the people who are already signed up, this doesn't mean that you can't still change things. If you decide you want to change an aspect of your character, as long as it hasn't actually come up in the RPG yet, I don't really care. (This isn't a bumper post. What are you talking about. I actually had legitimate reasons for posting this, but... more people signing up wouldn't hurt either. Reminder: If someone would like to sign up as the main villain, be my guest. His name is Narus.)

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I've noticed that we have a lot of people with "unknown" hometowns. Cabbage I'm sure gets it, but I don't know if everybody is thinking of "hometown" the same way. I think some of you might have thought we were talking about where the character is currently living, but it was intended as where the character was actually born. If one of you could change it to not getting into their past, or something like that, I would really appreciate it.
Really? Well I changed the hometown a bit, but Hopehely (Snowflake) still has an "unknown" hometown. I also changed the name and added something else to the personality.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Thanks. I also give you a cookie to represent the appreciation and gratitude I have towards you. But, since there is no cookie code on ZD :( , I give you this instead: :fairy: in a :bottle: :)

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Nice. Now Hopehely can restore anyone that has been injured by Narus. Then she'll say, ":P. In your face Narus! Is that really the best you can do?" because she has to be that cocky.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Yeah, like I said aready, if it hasn't come up in the actual RPG yet (which it hasn't, cause it doesn't exist yet) then you can do whatever you want.

If you're going to sign up, ignore the next two posts. And yes. I totally stole this idea from H&H 4.

Last edited:

Cabbage

Supreme Vegetable Ruler
There are also a few things you need to take note of regarding where you live and who else is there:

1. No one knows the Hidden Village exists (except those who live there). I can’t emphasize this enough. It’s been 300-ish years since TP, so the Hidden Village has grown into a good sized town, but still, nobody knows about it. It’s like the secret village in the OoA manga, if that helps at all.
2. Crescel, Fraege, and Ordon are forest villages, so animals (most of us have normal ones) wouldn’t be that strange. Conversely, if you we in, or near Castle Town, it would be really strange to see an ape, a wolf, or anything else thats uncommon. If you transform into a common bird or a squirrel, you’re good. But, No one can transform when normal people are around. Basically, we're all freaks.
3. In Castle Town and Fraege, there are lots of hideouts and secret passageways made by thieves. Normal people shouldn’t know where these are unless they stumble upon them by accident. If you could pass for a thief or someone who lives on the street, it might not be uncommon to be welcomed into these, but don’t rely on them too much.
4. If you live in an isolated area, you shouldn’t be hearing about certain news. The gheoti are obviously attacking everywhere, but someone who lives in Snowpeak shouldn’t know that they kidnapped Princess Zelda (which I am not saying happened. It’s just an example.)
5. Characters from other games don't exist. There's still Telma's bar, but the owner is one of Telma's descendants, and you can't think that she's the same person (still named Telma though). There's also no Shad, Ashei, or Auru, Prince Ralis has been called king for quite some time (long life spans), and some of the older goron elders may have passed away. All I'm trying to say is, we're not in Twilight Princess. We're three hundred years after it.

Here is the map.hyrulemap.jpg Click on it to enlarge. (Mikau drew the map, not me.)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
RULES

The rules are law. If you don’t read and follow them, Narus will come to your character in the middle of the night, slit their throat, and replace them with a daogon. In short, you’ll be out of the game.

1. Just because this thread has started doesn’t mean you can’t still sign up or change something about your character. However, after Saturday 2/2/11, no more signing up or changing, unless you have permission from either Cabbage or from me.
2. If you do sign up late (or even if you signed up on time) you can’t just magically appear where the action is. If you said you live in Zora’s Domain, stay there until such time as you have reason to leave. We should never see something like “I sensed that there was something attacking camp, and raced back there as fast as I could.”
3. On a similar note, unless you specifically stated one of your powers as being undeceivable by magic or trickery, you should not be! If somebody is invisible, you are not allowed to see them, or even to hint at the fact that you see them. Even if you did state one of your powers as being undeceivable by trickery, you should be fooled some times. Extenuating circumstances, such as someone only having amateur skills or whatever, may apply.
4. Me and Cabbage control the thread, and by default, the plot. I’m not saying that other characters can’t play an important part in the plot, or even come up with something. What I’m saying is that I don’t want to see people telling others to change their posts or to do something. Suggestions (in the form of the RPG "maybe we should go here" are okay)
5. In addition to that, no one ever needs to post in reply to something. It is totally okay for people to be having completely separate conversations at the same point of time. It makes sense that they might be running into each other. As an example, say we have persons 1, 2, 3, and 4. Person 1 and 2 are talking and person 3 and 4 are talking. The post order may go something like this: 1, 3, 4, 2, 1... don’t try to avoid it!
6. No one controls anyone’s character but their own. Ever. Not even saying that someone looked scared, or that they looked like they were going to fight, unless, it matches their character’s personality (yes, you were actually supposed to read all of those.)
7. No romance. I mean, you can like someone, but no making out, holding hands, ect. Please?
8. The triforce does exist and will be given to the three seeming most promising, but, you are not allowed to choose whether you get it or not. If you're worthy, the goddesses will communicate with you by way of telepathy, and you will gain the triforce.
9. Use proper grammar, please. No run on sentences and all that. It makes your post a lot more enjoyable and in-depth in the RPG.
10. At the beginning of your post, please state where you are. What I mean is, put something like “Location: Faron Woods.” You don’t have to be any more detailed than that. That way we can keep track of where people are and what they’re doing.

Last edited:

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
This is actually EK's brother. I'm going to be Narus. I'll post my name above my location so you can tell us apart.

Charctor Name: Narus
Charctor Age: Unknown
Charactor Hometown: Unknown
Charactor Appearance: Pale figure, wears black armor, wears twin swords,black hilts with amythist pommel stones, on back, face is hidden by a black helm.
Personality: EVIL!!! Kill useless annoying pests, Gheoti or not. When angered, destroy the first thing in sight. Quick-thinker. No mercy.
Powers: Controls electricity and is able to communicate with dragons, with his mind.
Has a pet dragon. He is large and black with silver streaks looking like electric currents. He is named Deathwing. I ride standing on his back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom