• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Hyrule

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
This is a collection of the stories of many people, important and unimportant, of the lands of Hyrule and its sub-countries and continents throughout the millenia. It's going to continue for as long as people are still interested. If you like the premise, please, sign up! This is one story that legitimately cannot be written if there aren't enough characters signed up. This isn't the first chapter, merely a short intro...

Note: The sign-up thread is called "The Lost Legends."

Stirring as from a deep sleep, the town began its daily routine under the warming glow from the sun’s golden rays, casting an orange shadow on the brightly coloured buildings and inhabitants. The moon, eerily hovering low in the sky, a ghostly green silhouette against the purple sky, remained in the hearts and minds of the citizens as they bustled around town, thinking just beyond their consciousness that it seemed closer than it was the day before. One young girl, no more than 15, walked around like a tourist, examining everything as though she had never seen it before, though it had always been the same and she had lived here all her life. With a sense of childlike wonder at the beauty of the new day, she reflected on the dreams she had encountered the night before.

On the other side of town, a young boy, who could not be older than 12, walked in the same way, though he had cause to do so. He had technically only been in town for one day, though for him it had been four. To him, everything was new, the buildings, the style of dress, the dialect... He knew nothing more of the town and its people than what he had learned from watching and listening.Excited to travel and learn about a new place, but terrified that he was unable to get home, he thought about what everyone he had met had told him. He knew that his home was nowhere near, but was in another world, another time, possibly even another universe. He watched the sunrise, remembering all those he had seen before, in his own home.

At the same time, but across lands and in a different world, a struggling man found himself waking in an unfamiliar house. He could not remember what had happened to land him in this strange bed, or why he could not feel nearly any part of his body, or where he had been before he fell asleep. Nor did he know what it was that he had done to himself, or even, barely, who he was. He only knew that he could not return home either, but it was not because of physical obstruction or literal inability, it was because he was an outcast. He too, gazed at the sun longingly, thinking of the years sent watching it with someone, trying to remember who it had been.

Watching a sunrise that occurred thousands of years before, in a land thousands of measures above the air, another girl sat in thought. Her friend had recently disappeared, disappeared off of a floating island, leaving her not only with the hole she always felt whenever he had gone away, but with a deep set fear and terror that he was gone forever. Though she would never show it outwardly, she was lonely, lacking a true family. Her friend had taken her into his own house, treating her as the sister he had always longed for. He truly was her only friend, and with him gone, she would be completely alone.

These four people, though not alone, while seemingly distant from themselves and from each other, have become united by a twist of fate. These seemingly unimportant civilians, while not titled or high in government positions, and certainly not blessed by the Goddesses, have become connected in a way that many others never will. These, and others, are not known by those of generations future, nor of their own, but they are more important than any of them could ever know.

This isn't technically the first chapter, because that's going to come out day after SS. If you like the idea, go make a character! I don't care if someone has multiple characters, just as long as they're unique and usable.

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
So here's chapter one. I know I lied about it coming out the day after SS, but I was excited about the game and I had family come over and stuff... so yeah.

Sitting with her legs dangling off of the edge of an outcropping of deep-red rock, the girl peered into the distance, searching for any sign of her friend. Hardly any sounds but the chirping of small songbirds could be heard, as the city was behind the cliff, hidden around a corner and through a forest, and most of it did not even know this place existed. The girl heard a noise. Casually adjusting her position, she moved her hand to her belt to grab a sword, yawning with the other hand. A few moments passed. A footstep behind her triggered a jump and a lunge, within seconds she had her sword at the throat of her adopted little sister.

“Reyna I...” The little girl seemed confused as to why a friend would try to hurt her so, then slipped under the other’s legs and soon they had traded positions. Both soon fell to the ground laughing.

“That was really good, Ary” the one called Reyna said, relaxing and settling in the tall grass.

“I was wasn’t I?,” the little girl answered, “I’d been there for almost ten minutes before you even noticed.” The two leaned back and just looked at the clouds, before they remembered who it was that had brought them together. Ary leaned over to her side, resting her cheek on her smooth hand. “Where do you think he is, Reyna?” She asked, looking out at the endless expanse of sky. “When do you think he’ll come back?”

“I don’t know,” Reyna replied, turning away. Then she suddenly turned back, “But if he’s not here for my birthday I’m going to kill him.” Ary laughed, and they settled back down. After a while, Reyna spoke again. “I’m going to go look for him.”

“What?” Ary exclaimed, jumping to her feet. “You can’t do that! You aren’t half the flyer he is and we don’t even know where he went! You could get lost, you could...” She sat back down.

“I know,” Reyna said stone-faced, “But it’s what I know I have to do. He took me in when no one else did, and it’s my responsibility to rescue him this time.” She looked at the shifting patterns in the clouds, picking out an eagle that soon after transformed into a snake. “Last night I had this dream.” She continued. “I was out walking, but I was walking on the clouds. And then I fell through them. And as I fell, things seemed to speed up, and beneath me there was a whole world that developed before my eyes. And I fell into a soft bed, and when I looked up, there was this other girl there, who just looked at me. And then, just as I knew she was about to say something, I got pulled back by some force. And just before everything went black, the door opened and Leviath walked in.”

“Really?” Ary asked, startled and scared.

“Really.” Reyna responded. “It just felt so... real. I know I have to find this place, this girl, and then I’ll find Leviath.”

“But you aren’t going to go beneath the clouds.” Ary said, with a note of uncertainty creeping into her voice, “are you?”

Reyna stood up, silent, and turned back towards the forest. Then she looked over her shoulder at Ary. “I’ll do whatever it takes,” she said, and walked away, leaving Ary to gaze off the edge of the island at the clouds below, and watch the sun as it moved across the sky.

Closing notes: Please sign up for a character! There's only so much I can do with 5 people, and I'd really like to keep this going. The only way that's going to happen is if I get a lot of people interested. Otherwise I'll just wrap it up quickly and that'll be that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom