• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Instruction Manual!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Soooo does anyone else here enjoy the instruction manuals for each Zelda game? I'm looking forward to seeing what's inside the new Zelda Wii booklet. If the last game is any indication we have a good chance of seeing a
- Table of Contents
- Prologue
- Controls
- Getting Started
- The Game Screen
- Collecting and Equipping
- Link's Actions
- and Items section.

If I was using the TP booklet as a model for the next manual I would place the unknown concept art as the background picture for the table of contents section, if you whip out your TP manual and check the contents you'll find it makes a nice page for a poster sized piece of art, and I don't believe that the concept art is the actual games cover art so It would make sense for them to put it in the booklet somewhere... Also I'm guessing the Prologue section is going to explain a lot of stuff to us! Can't wait.

Got any predictions about the next booklet? you can use the sections listed above to come up with ideas!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Mm, I like the booklets for tidbits on the story that don't appear in-game. Like... in TP's booklet, you learn that Link had actually planned on becoming mayor. Neat to find additional official art or little designs inside, too. I always, always pick up the manual before I start the game, just to see if it offers any additional information on the story. If it has bits of info on additional characters, I tend to not look at it.

I love old video game manuals, with all the beautiful art and detail. I think it is possible to have both a good explanation of the story in-game, and a good and interesting backstory in the manual. I want to see that again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom