• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Sidekick Ever

Who is The Best Main Sidekick

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

• Ciela

• Phantom Zelda

• Ezlo

• Midna

• King of Red Lion

• Total voters
Eh, I say Navi. Yes, Navi. Well, I know many people find her annoying, but if you do what you're supposed to be doing, it shouldn't be much of a problem. The only time I found her annoying was when I was doing sidequests (such as the Biggoron Sword). She often stated the obvious, but I enjoyed her company. She was the first sidekick in the series, so I found it as a nice addition.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I would have trouble choosing. One of my favorites would be Navi. I have a soft spot in my heart for her. She has less visible personality than some of the others, but like Link, you can still infer traits. She cares for Link judging by her warnings and she's also brave, considering her willingness to go on the journey with Link and her words in the final battle against Ganon.

And Midna is one of my favorite Zelda characters ever. As mentioned, she has character depth and her motives change as the story progresses. I also found her funny from the start. If this was a "favorite sidekick" poll she'd win hands-down for me.

However, I also like Tatl and Ezlo in their own way. I also want to play Spirit Tracks eventually and while obviously I can't speak for it yet, I suspect Phantom Zelda is the type of character I'd like (I've seen the cut scene where she freaks out - hilarious.)

In short, I'd end up voting for about half the characters on the poll, which defeats the purpose. The ones I'm most attached to are Midna and Navi, though.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I chose Midna for her awesome character development and physical appearance. She was also quite helpful (mostly with her warping abilities) and not annoying at all.

Er, one, hmmmm, maybe Midna overall...

Navi is a good character, I didnt find her annoying at all! She still says some wierd things, like, "What would Saria say if we told her we were saving Hyrule?":facepalm:
Even though ive only played about a tenth of MM, ive still seen my cousin play it, and Tatl seems like Navi except meaner. Can't say much.:suspicious:
Ezlo, never played MC.
Ciela is plain STUPID. Also, like a lot of fairies, she tends to talk A LOT and do nothing really...
Phantom Zelda is FUNNY and useful. When she freaked out, i completely LAUGHED. Also when she falls into the sand as a Phantom, *scream* "I'm sinking!":lol: And also the Sacred Duet at the end is really......calming i guess. Sometimes I just fight Malladus to hear that song, especially when the Sages or whatever start coming in!
Midna is my favorite, cause she could transform link into a wolf, had an epic personality, was funny, sarcastic, and could actually DO things besides having the power of endlessly talking. I enjoy when the sidekick has special abilities, is VERY important to the story, and is kinda "shadowy" (if that made sense) So that fits Midna perfectly! O.O

.......But what happened to the 3 other links from FS and FSA? They were epic...........

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Ciela. Why is she in last place? She was excellent. She provided good, helpful tips, and it was funny to watch her argue with Linebeck. I also liked how she was in the final battle and gave you the ability to stop time. She was an excellent companion and I hope the companions in the future are like her.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Midna

She was just a rebellious princess, who deep down cares about people. She has really good character within her, and she is very enjoyable to write about her, and develop her personality.

The only downside about her is that she just... left, which made me very sad, since she's such an awesome character.

In my opinion, Midna is the best sidekick out of the entire Zelda series, although only just. Even though I have openly complained many times on this forum about how bad Navi is because she won't shut up, to be honest, that was because everyone else was doing it and I was mixing in with the crowd. Once you get past the points in the game where she forces you to stop what you were doing and listen to her, she becomes a good helper throughout the rest of the game. So it was close between Navi and Midna.

While I was thinking about my answer, I thought about how annoying it was that Navi forces you to listen to her at certain points in the game with unhelpful infomation, such as how to open a door. Seriously, if you can't open a door, get the hell out off of Ocarina of Time because you are clearly never going to beat it. But then I began thinking about Midna does exactly the same thing (most helpers probably do), with some infomation that was just as useless.

Navi is a good helper in the aspect that if you got really stuck with beating a certain enemy or boss, or just generally didn't know where to go, you were able to ask for her assistance when you wanted it, or in the case of being lost, when she offered it. Midna went one step further though, although she didn't really offer any help (that I can remember anyway) on how to beat different enemies or bosses, she was always there to talk to if you didn't know what to do next, more so than Navi was. She wins in this department though because she enables you to travel anywhere in the game you want as you unlock the portals, which is really helpful in completing the game 100%.

The major factor in what puts Midna ahead of Navi for me though, is that Navi doesn't have a storyline behind her character, which just doesn't make her that interesting. The only thing we know about her before she goes to aid Link in his quest is that she was sent by the Great Deku Tree. I also found it rather annoying that when she left Link, there was no dialogue, and that she just left.

Whereas in Twilight Princess, the entire game revolves around Midna and her background. This adds a great deal of character to her, and more understanding for why she behaves like she does, and what she is. An aspect of the game which I think is a good thing. Finally, when Midna leaves, she actually speaks to Link, and gave us a better ending to the relationship between herself and Link, unlike Navi.

As you can already see, I conclude that Midna is the best sidekick to appear so far in the Legend of Zelda series, but I'm not sure how good Skyward Sword's sidekick is going to be, she might be even better than Midna...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think I'll abstain from voting since I've got a three way tie for my favorites.

Phantom Zelda is awesome, I liked her personality as a character (and some of the comments she made were hilarious), she was actually remotely useful unlike other sidekicks (although she did make useless comments on occasion such as when you get the Sand Wand, I believe), and she actually physically assisted you in battle. She Navi'd (that's what I call those Navi style outburst now, I should totally start charging royalties for that), but very rarely and they weren't just useless tutorials that you had to let the text actually scroll for: you might've been able to get a laugh or maybe a hint and, best of all, you could skip the text.

Ezlo was also pretty awesome with his sarcastic comments and silly sayings, and he also gave some semi useful tips as well as allowing you to go back and forth between Minish and Human size (either that or he taught Link, but I doubt that's the case). He also Navi'd, but unlike with Navi, you could skip the text and you might've been able to get a good chuckle or maybe glean an actual hint off of it.

Then there's the King of Red Lions. Now, unlike the other two, you can't skip what he says (:(), but he almost never Navi's and even when he does he is actually useful: sure, there's the unskippable Wind Waker tutorial (which is actually rather quick for learning how to use such an important and kinda complex item), but he gives good hints when necessary (yay!) and he also only requires you to talk to him once or twice that doesn't involve story.

So, those are the three sidekicks that forced me to not vote and why I like them.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
O defintly voted for (drums ring) tarara Tatl she is funny when gets mad and the cling cling was less annoying to the Listen Hey Watch out. I COULD BE WALIKING AND THERES A BRANCH IN THE FLOOR AND NAVI SHOUTS WATCH OUT i get my sword out and theres nothing there

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Midna was one of the greatest sidekicks Link has ever had, in my opinion. She had this kind of attitude in the beginning that was like, "you're helping me, and I don't care what you have to say about it." I really liked that she really changed her disposition completely when Zelda sacrificed herself to let Midna continue to help Link on his journey. She was very helpful throughout the game, and only came out from under your shadow to help when she knew something would be difficult (unlike Navi...). She helped take us from place to place, once we were able to transform into a wolf anytime we wanted to. I thought Midna had an interesting personality in TP...she did some funny things when she was in the mood. For example, when we first went into Faron Woods to bring light back to it, she wore the shield like a mask and swung the sword around like a mad-man. It was kind of funny to me. In any case, I thought Midna was a great sidekick.

D

DungeonDelver1

I would choose Kind of Red Lions, i don't know why everyone else doesn't like him. Traveling by seas is much more productive (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom