• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Swinging Motion when Use of Bottle? Bottle Just for Potions?

This is something I just thought of... :bottle:

I really want to put all kinds of wierd stuff in my bottles,
but I don't think well be able to use the bottles like this.
If they would function normal, why didn't anyone at E3 show us?

but if the bottles would function normal, do you think we'll have to use a swinging motion or something?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think bottles will probably function just like normal and you will be able to put lots of stuff in them.

No, there is no swinging motion when using a bottle from what I have seen...you just press the + or - button...I don't recall which.

Well yea, you press + to bring up the "bottle menu", but it was all about drinking potions, nothing else :(

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Same here I think they will function as they have always, It would be cool to put anything you wan't in the bottle.

Just imagine: "You caught some dirt in your bottle, feed it, name it, and don't let it become stray" :)

I think using the bottle will be much like in TP. I like this thread, I am glad to see that people are still asking questions.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm pretty sure the bottle will have the same function as in previous games. In the case of the E3 Demo, all of the bottles were filled with potion to aid the player through it.

And swinging a bottle would be weird. The sword already would have those controls. I would actually prefer in this game to have it as a button.

Kybyrian

Don't hate on yourself, it wasn't a bad idea, but it's not a likely idea. :P

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the bottles will function the same as they always did as well. Then again I may be wrong and they may have them for only potions, but there are so many things they can do in the story by using bottles that I'm sure they will function as always.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
yea... the swing motion was just a lame idea...

I don't personally want this in the game...but I think I saw that something like it was done in another game...like actually lifting up the control like it was a bottle...can't remember what for...so other people think it was a good idea too...

I think it shouldn't be included. Not ALL things should be made motion controlled just for the sake of it. The best controls are made to make the game the most immersive and to make the controls comfortable and suiting. I think the idea they chose with bottles is a good one. It makes using bottles in battle more convenient and quicker.

T

Triforce Eden

I'm almost positive the bottles would be used for something other than potions. I think the reason E3 didn't show us much in terms of bottle mechanics is because:

A). The animation for the bottle swinging (should it even be present) was not complete. Remember the game was still in development.

:cool:. They had yet to make any other items to put in bottles and simply wanted to show off the streamlining of using potions during battle.

D

Da Bunni Hood

If it turns out you can put anything in the bottle that you could in real life, I think there probably will be a swinging motion. Maybe you can kill ganondorf by swinging the bottle too XD. I would lol if the final battle turns out to be an advanced game of wsr ping pong. Anyways, I doubt you could put anything in the bottle- that kind of realism usually only comes in PC games. And I'm 100% sure you will be able to put other things in the bottles like fairies etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom