• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Here's how it's going to go down. the trailer will start with the hero's advancing towards a foe, there is a purple lighting and the camera shows a tail, we're all thinking mewtwo, but then the camera zooms out and...
Frieza joins the battle!
250px-Frieza.jpg

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sakurai posted a reminder on Miiverse:

Just another reminder: Today at 7AM US Pacific Time and 4PM European Central Time, a video revealing a new fighter will be live-streamed on the official website. Go to the site from the link below.
www.smashbros.com

The reveal trailer will streamed in just over six hours from now. It may be viewed here.

Additionally, the following is today's regular daily pic. I'm posting it earlier than usual because it's amazing and I can't wait until Friday. We are also likely to be getting a "real pic of the day" later along with the new character. Mondays usually aren't this good.

Pic of the day.
In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

zlCfzSKfcbgPaO3izM

In Brawl, the only third-parties to get trophies were the series represented through playable characters (Sonic the Hedgehog and Metal Gear). Now we're getting more than that. It's quite nice to have a character such as Rayman appear in any fashion possible.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
With only more than an hour and half hour left before the trailer goes live, I'm very excited to see who this is! I still need to make my analysis since E3, but for now I'm just waiting on the character reveal!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Spoilers
wow, no Shulk. That sakurai is a maniac. Still, I thought Awakening was a great title, and I'm glad to see Lucina in the battle. I previously wanted her in the game, and had all but given up hope.

I also noticed we saw Chrom attack with an animated sprite of himself over the screen, which is something else I said would be a cool addition. I hope all the FE:A characters have that. It was such a cool touch in the game. But is Chrom a new character or a re-skin of his ancestor Marth? Or is he just part of Robin's final smash? Does Robin summon the characters he's commanded?

I also noticed you can get differing levels of attack within a single line of elemental abilities. It will be interesting too see their strengths play out in customization.

All in all, this gets me even more excited for Smash bros. U.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Please, Nintendo, never stream exclusively on YouTube ever again. Here's the trailer for those who missed it:

[video=youtube;N9ytrX0wweA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA[/video]

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Wasn't expecting those two, but hey. The more the merrier I guess. Falcon looks cool as always though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sakurai's post on Miiverse:

Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play.

zlCfzSKleV4aEoPypm

And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?

zlCfzSKlfTYXkGRx25

Robin's page on the official site is here. Captain Falcon's is here. They each have 10 screenshots to view.

Lucina is shown in the trailer but not the Miiverse post, she has screenshots here. Interestingly, she has the mark "Newcomer" on her page, but not the front page. Additionally, her slot on the main page is a small square unlike other newcomers, who have a triple-wide rectangle with the series logo and an illustration. She lacks an illustration entirely. Worth noting also that as seen so far, Lucina's moveset is near-identical to Marth's. This would make her a clone, unless of course she is a alternative model to Marth, which may explain the funky treatment she has received to this point, as mentioned above.

And yes, Chrom is a part of Robin's Final Smash.

More of Sakurai's Miiverse posts in the following spoiler tag:
In case you missed it, here's the link to the character reveal video.

And here's an illustration celebrating the newcomers! This was drawn by Yusuke Kozaki, the illustrator for Fire Emblem Awakening. The character reveal movie was created by anima, which also worked on the movie sequences for the original game. We've really jumped into the world of "Awakening."

illust-modal.jpg

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sakurai is the biggest goddamn troll, I swear.

I just can't help but wonder if Chrom was switched to Lucina at some point, or if Lucina was always planned. Either way, I don't think this necessarily debunks the Gematsu leak, because Chrom IS still in the game, even if he's only part of Robin's Final Smash.

Edit: HOW DID WE MISS THIS?!?

c85.jpg

Last edited:
FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN SSB4 OMG

If for some reason you didn't see the new trailer, here it is:

(Minor Fire Emblem Awakening Spoilers) This looks amazing. We got Lucina, who looks to be a clone of Marth, but if you've played Fire Emblem Awakening, you'd know that (spoilers) she was pretending to be Marth,or at least a man named Marth, and the way she used her sword was pretty similar to how the actual Marth did.

But we got Robin as well, and my God does (s)he look fun to play. (S)he uses tomes to fight, and you can charge up you're tome attack to get higher tier tomes. i.e. No charge = Thunder, Little charge = Elthunder, Medium charge = Arcthunder, and Long charge = Thoron. But the tomes also have a a limited amount of attacks, just like in FE. This is a great way to incorporate more tomes in Smash, and it also makes him/her trickier to use.

And, of course, we got confirmation that Captain Falcon is back, as expected. And no trailer with Captian Falcon is complete without the famous "Falcon Punch" line. ;)

If you want to see art and screenshots of all the new characters, check them out at http://smashbros.com :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's great that Fire Emblem fans got another character from that franchise, but I dislike seeing my hopes dashed by another swordsman, cutting Shulk's chances of making an appearance down again.

Step it up, Sakurai.

Happy to see that Captain Falcon is back, though. Far better than Game&Watch or Snake returning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom