• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Oh, quit your fanboyish bellyaching. ;p

I see what you did there. ;p

But nah, not after the roster is being overridden by four characters from the same franchise (two of which who are returning), a clear sign that the latest additions are for fanservice. At this point in the game (pun intended?) the roster needs more diversity from other franchises or else the remaining slots would be crammed with either returning contenders or more characters from the same series. For one, taking Xenoblade's success into account, on the Wii no less, Shulk would be a worthy candidate if he and many other-series characters weren't so displaced by franchises which have already made their way in to Smash.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Good character reveals, still waiting on Jigglypuff and Ness to complete the original 12. By looking at a couple of Lucina's moves, she seems to be a clone of Marth which I don't really like. Oh well, maybe we'll get to see some more of her moves soon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm sure you've all seen this, but Sakurai saw a chance and he ****ing took it.

faa.png

Sakurai, you wonderful, wonderful troll.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I approve.

I'm questioning why Marth and Ike are coming back as 4 characters is a bit much, but then again, I had to realize that it is big in Japan. Fire Emblem is THEIR Zelda. I like the addition of two female characters to diversify the cast. Especially, I like that Robin was added instead of Chrom, because his spellcaster abilities will come in handy.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've never tried fire emblem but the new characters look cool. So pleased the good Captain returned!

FALCOOOOOOOOOON PAAAAAAAWWWWWNCH!!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Ok. So I said I wouldn't buy the new Smash if they didn't include Isaac. But, I'm absolutely sold on Robin. Ok Nintendo. Have all of my money. I just can't say no to you.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Latest pic of the day clarifies some information for Lucina. Thought I would post it.

Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

zlCfzSKwan8kYb6zyf

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

zlCfzSKwa6YCEBWvAZ

By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye.

zlCfzSKwbEI1Fr6F_j

As mostly speculated, she is not an alternative for Marth, but rather a separate slot. She could be either a clone or semi-clone depending on how many attack animations are copied.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sakurai straight-up admitted that he added in a clone. Sakurai… why? Why must you waste the potential of a character? Y u no Luigify Lucina???

Everything else so far (besides Toon Link) has been looking to break away from the clone-happy natures of Melee & Brawl, but this… this just kills all that. She’s not even like Wolf where the moveset is directly ripped, but plays out worlds apart. Hell, she looks MORE like a Marth clone than Roy was. What’s worse is that she LOOKS like Marth. I mean, come on, how much more insulting of a clone can you get than that??

Granted, I have a huge pet peeve for clones in Smash. It infuriated me that Falco & Ganondorf were placed on such a low pedestal when Melee rolled around, and even more when this wasn’t properly fixed in Brawl, even if it was a little better. But that’s the thing -- now that this is happened, what little hope that existed of Smash 4 finally rectifying those two sins is pretty much gone. No Luigified Falco and no original moveset Ganondorf once again = 99.99% chance. That destroys me inside.

0be.png

2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom