• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So on June 14th, a new character will be revealed, but not in the way that we're used to. Instead of being part of a Direct, this newcomer will be shown off via a 3 minute live stream on the main site.

The stream is being hosted on YouTube (rather than some better service, like Twitch, for whatever reason) and it's already set up with a countdown.

[video=youtube;NzwF2kmNF8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzwF2kmNF8E[/video]

I'm banking on the reveal being for Chrom.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 56

Monday, 7th July
zlCfzSIqUKMPVP0xEt

The Mii Gunner's side smash attack may have the farthest reach of all the side smashes…as should be expected from a firearms expert!! Looks like the attack missed this time, though.
Mii Gunner's can be put bluntly as similar to Samus and Mega Man, and the forward smash is comparable Mega Man's in that fact it is like a projectile. The Mii Gunner's, however, consists of stacking rapid hits and a finishing blow instead of one solid hit. This could be seen in their reveal video.

Tuesday, 8th July
zlCfzSI7B8Y26HEUA1

I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.

zlCfzSI7CV8knOPZhQ

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!
Palutena is the master of aerial space with these two handy moves. Heavenly Light is a special move (likely neutral special), and will have two other customisable special moves that may replace it if the player desires to do so.

Wednesday, 9th July
zlCfzSJKETs7hQ0D8j

Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet.
The Dark Emperor appears exclusively on the Find Mii stage (called StreetPass Quest in Europe) on 3DS. This is the first information we have regarding him, and it is a unique status-changing feature.

Thursday, 10th July
zlCfzSJbaRIp0NpuD5

The character farther in the back isn't from the Imperial forces, and the character in the front is not the infamous drum-playing puppet in Osaka. No, Mario is actually wearing an outfit from Family Computer Golf: U.S. Course! NES Open Tournament Golf might be a more familiar title.
Two new alternative colour schemes. Not brought up specifically in the post, Samus' is inspired by the Light Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and also bares similarity to a scheme used in the mutiplayer mode of that game.

Friday, 11th July
zlCfzSJro0AoG40RNh

Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear.

zlCfzSJro70Pe2IkCm

See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent.
When seen in Pac-Man's trailer, this was speculated to be a move similar to Pac-Man's Fruit Bonus special move, but is now known to be the unique taunt it is.

As mentioned above, there will be a newcomer revealed on Monday. This is Sakurai's post on the matter:

Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live.

I can hear the sirens already...

jinb00.jpg

GET HYPE

EDIT: Forgot to bring this up before. There will be an official 3DS tournament in a couple of weeks.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS Tournament to be Held at San Diego Comic-Con - Will Be Streamed on Twitch

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really hope it's Mewtwo, but one can dream, right?

It's a NEW character.

Ghirahim should be the new character!

It would be nice. It's most likely he won't be playable at launch, but provided he isn't an assist trophy, maybe we can get him as a DLC character -- provided we get those, as well, of course.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What are the chances are of a Ganondorf reveal on Aug 14th to celebrate the release of Hyrule Warriors. I know they announced Dedede on the release date of a kirby game in Japan. So I'm willing to bet a few rupees they will do something like that again.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
What are the chances are of a Ganondorf reveal on Aug 14th to celebrate the release of Hyrule Warriors. I know they announced Dedede on the release date of a kirby game in Japan. So I'm willing to bet a few rupees they will do something like that again.

Considering we also got Olimar, Toon Link and Zelda on Japanese release dates, Diddy Kong on the release of Tropical Freeze outside Japan, and Sonic close to the time Lost World came out, I say the chances aren't low. You could even dig deeper and take into account that Luigi was revealed during the Year of Luigi and Lucario was shown on Brawl's sixth anniversary.

Remember, however, that Ganondorf has traditionally been an unlockable character and revealed to be playable after the game has released in Japan, and although the same applies to some others (such as the aforementioned Luigi and Lucario), I still don't think it's entirely in his favour. Of course I would love to see him as soon as possible and on that date despite this, let's hope for it.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A bunch of new screenshots have been released, as well as full resolution versions of some previous images. These include those featured in the digital event, daily pics, and on the official site outside character pages (eg. how to play, smash run, online smash). Instead of rehosting them right away, I'll just post a link to a thread on NeoGAF that shows them.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS: lots of (new?) screenshots

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Shulk confirmed for Monday?

retweet.png

*jaw drops*

Regardless of it being a mere implication at this time, this is the news I've been waiting for. Better be Shulk, or an actual named avatar for the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X. Any original Xenoblade character would look glorious with the Wii U's updated graphics, though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It's a 3 minute video, and we know Sakurai. He's going to reveal something more during the video. I don't know what (fingers crossed for Snake).

As much as I would love a second character be revealed (whether veteran or newcomer), I don't believe length is a direct reason to guarantee so. Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes long and Rosalina's was just shy of it, and that's because those had a lot of animation. Nothing's stopping the new trailer from being the same. It could simply have more gameplay footage, as well, to show off more of the character in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom