• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Salem

SICK
Are you kidding? After all he has done, people would line up for a chance to pound him into bits.
Why the hell would ANYONE want to pound his face??:(

^Okay, that's the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I never mentioned his face, but I know a lot of people don't like him. Mother 3 and what not.

That is not Reginald Fils-Aime's fault! Mother 3 simply could not be localized! But, Reginald Fils-Aime appearing as a character- whether playable or not - is merely a joke ! We have had enough jokes! With the announcement of characters such as Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, I believe we are done with the joking characters! Rather than that, I propose we simply wait it out rather than propose jokes! What is next, the proposal of Ridley !

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm disappointed Sakurai is going with the unoriginal names "Super Smash Bros. 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. Wii U", rather than using another synonym for the word "fight".
What source do you have that states the games are titled "Super Smash Bros for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros for Wii U"? I know we have that teaser site, but are those the official, confirmed names? If they are, they should really consider calling them "Super Smash Bros Brawl 2.0 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros Brawl 2.0 Wii U". :right:

Mega Man is win, and I so called it. Hopefully it will retain Snake and Sonic though. And I'm still holding out for Dracula. :bleh:

Aside from that it's going to be as every Smash Brothers game has been for me: Better than the previous one and a must-buy. I'm psyched.

Looks too much like a Brawl 2.
What else were we expecting it to look like?

I'm disappointed Sakurai is going with the unoriginal names "Super Smash Bros. 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. Wii U", rather than using another synonym for the word "fight".
Eh. I see it as somewhat necessary given that they're also going to have to label it according to system. If they have to specific whether it's the 3DS or Wii U version, I think it makes sense to avoid lengthening the title further than that. I don't mind them suspending their trend.

What source do you have that states the games are titled "Super Smash Bros for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros for Wii U"? I know we have that teaser site, but are those the official, confirmed names? If they are, they should really consider calling them "Super Smash Bros Brawl 2.0 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros Brawl 2.0 Wii U". :right:
It's not final but the only logos and/or names we've seen have indicated those are the names. So until there are further announcements... those are the names.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend

E3 2013: Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Final Names Revealed - IGN

No touch screen controls or DLC either. Tripping removed.

Also,

E3 2013: Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Might Not Release at the Same Time - IGN

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@ALIT
Damn those are the final moves? Oh well, can't complain I guess. It's better than "Super Smash Bros Universe".

Sakurai's goal is to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. ? Too bad most game developers don't do that. (cough Ea cough)

Oh, and I'm also glad that SSB3DS will play like an SSB title and not necessarily adapted to that system's gimmicks. <3 Sakurai take my money okay?

No tripping? Take my money.

These games indeed are Brawl 2.0.

These games indeed are Brawl 2.0.
No, they're Super Smash Bros. 4.0. Melee was 2.0, and Brawl was 3.0; again, where is this notion coming from that the new games are any more identical to their predecessor than every Smash Brothers game has been? Beyond that, why would that be a surprise in the first place? That's how fighting games have always worked.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
No, they're Super Smash Bros. 4.0. Melee was 2.0, and Brawl was 3.0; again, where is this notion coming from that the new games are any more identical to their predecessor than every Smash Brothers game has been? Beyond that, why would that be a surprise in the first place? That's how fighting games have always worked.

The reason I called SSB4 "Brawl 2.0" when I first saw it is because the Wii U version looks very similar to Brawl, but in HD, with a few character model adjustments and new characters. All of the prior installments had significant aesthetic improvements. I'm actually more excited for the 3DS version, not only because it's the first handheld installment, but the cel-shaded style is very clever as well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

That's not too worrisome and is in fact news to be expected. When developing for two vastly different platforms, of course a version might have to wait before it is released. :)

@Axle
It was more of a joke but I was specifically talking about minor improvements to Brawl (e.g removing tripping!) whilst retaining the same general art style. I don't know if the physics are any different but with the comment that SSB4 is going to be somewhat inbetween Melee and Brawl, I don't really want to comment further. Brawl 2.0 is merely a first reaction to the E3 trailer that ALIT and I picked up ;)

Oh, and Brawl is definitely not "Smash Brothers 3.0". It's just Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The way you play Brawl competitively is completely different from Melee thanks to the different physics, lack of wavedashing, etc.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've started going through the process of looking at all the characters and stages we've seen and adding it to the OP. Unfortunately, I've been crazy (read: krazy) busy since the game was shown, resulting in having only done basic observations for Mario, Donkey Kong and Link so far. I'm also trying to get a format down. Expect more points over the next few days. I'll continue with the veterans, analyse the newcomers, then discuss the stages.

Thanks to Thareous, Ventus, Linkdude74 and A Link In Time for posting videos and links up to this point, and a special thanks indeed to PancakeSamurai for diverting the topic to nonsense characters. Always appreciated. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Then where the hell is the connectivity between the two games? This sounds like SSB for 3DS and SSB for Wii U. Unengaging concept to me, and it sounds like they're doing too much work for too little payout. But we'll see when the games are released. I'm still bent on getting both versions anyway, so there's little real room for disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom