• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Did? (in Zelda Games)

Ljjpz1

Answer Me This
Finally! This is the perfect thread for me.

Playing through OOT for the first time, 8 years old. I have a friend sleeping over, and we're trying to figure out the game together. It's about 9:00 pm in the winter and the lights are off in my room, so it's just us, the darkness, and the glow of the t.v.

We make it into the forest temple, walking around, whatever. Trying to find the darn poes, with no success. Run through the twisted hallway and into the room with the weird stone pillar things, when we hear a noise.

WHOOSH

"That sounded like a ghost!"

I put the controller down on the floor, not wanting to touch it and scare the ghost off. We wait, staring at the screen.

AAAAAGHGGHGHHGHGH!!!!

That wallmaster is the scariest thing I have ever encountered in my life, friends. I jumped near three feet that night. Out of nowhere it just comes and grabs Link by the neck, dragging him up as he screams. I nearly voided my bladder! Needless to say, I go through those rooms FAST now, haha. Sure, it may have been 8 years ago, but that sort of memory sticks with you. Mortifying.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
.....slash cuccoos... ik what's coming everytime... but it doesn't stop me.

TMC, went to mayor hagens house to get the book, pushed it off the shelf, went outside transformed back into human size, and forgot to go back in to get the book. Went to the library and was like WTF WTF TAKE THE BOOK.

ALSO I WENT THROUGH 2 DUNGEONS ON THAT SAME PLAY SESSION WITHOUT SAVING AND ACCIDENTALLY RESET :mad:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Wallmasters used to scare me in the original LoZ. I mean, when I go back to replay that title now, they're like... blue blobs XD.

Anyway, I did something stupid in TP tonight, and thought of an even funnier stupid thing I'm hoping to repeat on purpose again soon...

Tonight, I was futzing around Snowpeak and I got to a cannon where you have to do a weird and cumbersome relay to get the cannonball to the cannon. It's the last cannon you use, to get rid of a Freezard that's blocking your path to the boss key and the Yetis' bedroom. I was thinking "Okay, I need to turn the cannon toward the Freezard before I fire" but I forgot to do that! I was all "Dumb, de dumb, put the cannonball in, then bomb - then... !!!!" I launched the cannonball to a ledge where I couldn't get at it and had to do the relay all over again to move another cannonball through three different rooms to get to the cannon again. I made sure to tilt it toward the Freezard the second time BEFORE I loaded it, just to make sure I wouldn't get trigger-happy again!

On my first or second playthrough of this game, I discovered something about the Dominion Rod that's pretty cool. As I was guiding the big statue in the Temple of Time, I found myself using it to kill annoying spiders in one of the larger rooms. You swing the rod like you would your sword and the statue swings his hammer. Well, I had Link and the statue behind a pillar and was swinging like mad because Link kept getting hurt/going red and I thought it was because he was being swarmed by spiders. I moved out from behind the pillar and, it turned out... I was accidently making the statue hit Link with its hammer! - Then I started doing it on purpose. *Evil grin.* You do this by positioning Link directly in front of the statue. He winds up in harm's way. I wouldn't recommend doing this for too long, but it's fun to "Watch Link do something stupid!"

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
On my first or second playthrough of this game, I discovered something about the Dominion Rod that's pretty cool. As I was guiding the big statue in the Temple of Time, I found myself using it to kill annoying spiders in one of the larger rooms. You swing the rod like you would your sword and the statue swings his hammer. Well, I had Link and the statue behind a pillar and was swinging like mad because Link kept getting hurt/going red and I thought it was because he was being swarmed by spiders. I moved out from behind the pillar and, it turned out... I was accidently making the statue hit Link with its hammer! - Then I started doing it on purpose. *Evil grin.* You do this by positioning Link directly in front of the statue. He winds up in harm's way. I wouldn't recommend doing this for too long, but it's fun to "Watch Link do something stupid!"
Lol! "Quit hitting yourself! Quit hitting yourself!"

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Well, my sisters and I pretend the Beetle in SS is Link's pet, and it's named Beetle-y (EPIC), and we also pretend Beetle-y does not like Link. So I had Beetle-y grab a bomb in the Sandy dungeon (Forgot what it's called, you get the gust jar there), and drop it on Link, making him fly into the quicksand. Only other time I got a game over...

Oh yeah, and I also had no idea what I was supposed to do in MM at the beginning. I hated that game until I beat the Swamp, now I love it.

In TWW, I spent the first hour of playing it doing something incredibly dumb...

Trying to figure out how to jump ;_;

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Well, my sisters and I pretend the Beetle in SS is Link's pet, and it's named Beetle-y (EPIC), and we also pretend Beetle-y does not like Link. So I had Beetle-y grab a bomb in the Sandy dungeon (Forgot what it's called, you get the gust jar there), and drop it on Link, making him fly into the quicksand. Only other time I got a game over...
There are two "sandy dungeons", called Lanayru Mining Facility and Sandship. You get the "gust jar", which is really called the gust bellows, in Lanayru Mining Facility. You're welcome :) And lol.

Unreal Coder
In WW I have tried to shoot bombs into Cyclos. Lol, they never reach him.
Yet i tried to use Deku Leaf on a big tornado near Mother & Child Isles. I have jumped from island and flew to tornado, thinking it will lift me high in the air. Though I just landed into water. o_O

Night Owl

~Momentai
In the Wind Waker, I like to mess around with the frozen enemies before I draw the Master Sword. Sometimes I make it look like the moblins tried to bite off my head, or the Iron Knuckles beheaded me,etc.
A couple other things I like to do in underwater hyrule are: messing with the barrier on the bridge. (If you touch the barrier while the camera is looking through it, Link will be invisible until he gets back up) I also Always try to end up on the middle triangle when doing that block puzzle.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I remember a really dumb fail I did at OoT when I was about 8. I was in the Deku Tree and I got stuck in the room where you get the Compass (on the top floor). I savewarped out, then I climbed back to the top floor and jumped down to break the web on 1F. When I fell into B1, I stepped on the switch and a torch lit up. After that, I got stuck. Guess what I didn't realize until later?
Deku Sticks can be set on fire.

Also, in SS, I had two embarrassing fails in Lanayru Desert. The first was in getting the Hook Beetle; I thought a Bomb couldn't land in a hole to activate a Timeshift Stone, so I spent like a hour bactracking trying to find the Hook Beetle. Turns out that my depth perception failed, and the Hook Beetle was right in front of my face the whole time!
The other fail was in trying to get one of those young electric hermit crab creatures (the name escapes me) across a chasm and I was trying to throw it on top of crates without success. Then I used the Hook Beetle, and yeah, I failed. :facepalm:

Ah, I've got a bunch more now! They just started flowing in at once!

In Ocarina of Time, I would dive off the waterfall in Zora's Domain and intentionally try to hit the rock sticking up out of the water on the left. I'd smack into it, and Link would go flying off in pain. I would also position myself in Gerudo Valley so that Link would try to dive into the river below but wound up hitting the bridge instead. He'd still go flying off. When dismounting Epona, I'd occasionally try to find a spot (like a hole in the ground) where Link falls in when he gets off his horse and something weird happens. Finally, in Ganon's Castle, I'd shoot the Light Arrows into the barriers in such a way that it looked like I'd shot the Sages when they appeared ('cause the arrows are still there in suspended animation). I'd try and get all kinds of results.

In Twilight Princess, I loaded one of the cannons in the Snowpeak Ruins, lit it, and stood in front of it to see what would happen. I died. The end. Almost every time I wanted to shut off the game, I'd place Link on some obstacle high off the ground, set three bombs in front of him, and blow him to kingdom come, turning off the console right as he hit the ground. In the Goron Mines, I performed a Helm Splitter on an enemy and promptly landed in some lava. How do you get a much more epic fail in Zelda than that?

In Link's Awakening, I tried threatening Sale (the blue alligator guy) when he wouldn't sell me bananas, which is, you know, his profession. All he would tell me was the same crap about the water rapids and how fun they were. Water rapids. Bananas. Totally alike. Sell me a freaking banana.

That's all for now. This topic's really picked up some steam.

In Minish cap in the graveyard. I went back to the beginning to look for the bird when it was right next to me and got mugged by a different bird.

Trying to activate the switches that you're supposed to hit with your sword with A for 5 mins

Tonight in TP in the side quest where you have to get the spring water to the goron. I went towards the always broken bridge and when I realized I was going the wrong way as soon as I turned around it got cold.
Also in SS I wasn't looking and fell into an abyss.

H

HeavenlyStarman

Those invisible floor traps in the great palace in Zelda II. The first time I tackled the Great Palace I literally kept falling into those floor traps and lost half my health from the bots underneath. I actually had to use the jump spell to get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom