• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Still Playing

M

Mystic Jade

Hi,

Well, been playing ST since last christmas and yes, still playing it! Finished the main game play (thanks to this site and YouTube!) but still love exploring and I still have a couple of items to find and train upgrades to get (trying to get these without cheating-hence we (my bud and I) are still playing!). Is anyone else addicted to this game and for this long???:D

Be seein' ya!

Mystic Jade ;)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Well, my first playthrough through the game took about a week, as I go really quickly through video games when I spend all of my time on them, but getting all the items and stuff took me until January or February. I still don't have all the Train Parts though, only some random parts and the Golden Train Parts. After that, I took a long break from the game, and I kept using my second file for a second playthrough, however I never got around to actually finishing one of them. Finally, I devoted the 2nd file to the 3 Heart Challenge, and completed that around last month. (October) So, yeah.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Wow, still playing it? Well, I finished my game with all of the Heart Containers and upgrades one week after I got my games.
Well, keep going at it! It pays off in the end!

Nice, it took me like a year and a half to beat Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and the Oracle games for me back in the day. But I whipped through this game in about two weeks getting every bunny, force gem, heart container etc...
But I wish it took me a longer time. Games are deeper in your heart when you play them longer, at least to me they are.
I thought Spirit Tracks was a great first play through, extremely enjoyable. The second playthrough I only had one major problem and that was the warp system. it kinda ruined the game a bit because to me the train riding is more boring and more tedious than sailing in PH or WW. But I thought I sidequests were awesome, and the dungeons were fun, just a little short in my opinion. The Spirit Tower was soo incredible though! And one thing I loved about Spirit Tracks is how unique it is and feels to the rest of the series! I like that a lot. It feels a bit unbalanced compared to PH in areas but overall a fantastic game.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
It didn't take me long at all to finish ST, it was very easy. If you really like ST then I suggest PH or MC (if you haven't done them yet) because they are harder and I personally found them a lot better.

David

But you called me here...
The game was way too easy. I ran through the game in less than a week with a very low playing time. While it was a little harder than its older brother, PH, it was still too easy. And I'm not a huge fan of the touch screen controls. I'd rather use a D-Pad or a Control Stick to make Link do what I want him to. I feel that if they did the touch screen again and actually improved the controls in it, I might actually really like the touch screen. But for now, not my favorite.

I didn't bother getting everything in the game. I felt that it was a waste of my time and wouldn't be very rewarding. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sidequests. I just hated the stupid train. It completely limited your travel and there just wasn't a super great sense of exploration that I've always loved about Zelda. Having the train control how I get to places felt very restrictive and unnatural for a Zelda game.

Spirit Tracks did have its upsides, however. I thought that a lot of work was put into the game to make it better than its older brother. It succeeded. Well, in some areas. Like I said before, the train restricted my instinct to explore. The game was quite a bit harder than PH, it had more things to do, and the bosses were very well done.

I liked Spirit Tracks, but not enough to have the desire to complete the game 100%. It was a good game, just not my favorite.

E

edocsil

Has anyone been able to get to the 900 hits in sword training yet? i keep trying but can't get past 199. any advice?

MrLuigi

Theorist
I finally got all the golden train parts last summer. I love that game. I finished the game in about 2 weeks. I haven't played it in a while but I remember only needing the bunny scroll and my last heart container.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I beat that game in about 5 days or so. I still try to finish all of the side-quests so I can 100% it. The only reason that I haven't been able to 100% it was because some files were deleted becuase I didn't play it in a long time. So I have to start over with those Rabbits of Evil. If I play regularly, I should be able to finish it in about a month or so.

Norisom

Hero of Something...
Yeah, I'm still playing. I am going for 100% I don't know if I'm going to count train parts towards that because they are sorta annoying to get.

I'm still playing it but very infrequently. I have 5 bunnies left and the Stagecoach Engine (3 more Dragon Scales).

Last edited:
T

TGzeldafreak

I'm beat it in 4 days with 80% completion. i still need more rabbits >=(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom