• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stamina Gauge

What are you optinal opinions about it? Personally I think it was pretty awesome that Nintendo decided to do something different by doing this than the standard, regular, push the button way. It also give it the realistic way of showing that he will get tired by over doing standard moves. But it also has its disadvanages, I know. I hate it when I have to actually run away from something, and then bam, Link is tired.

What is your standards, and views on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It took me a little to get used to it, but I ended up liking it alot. It gave the game a little more difficulty. Without it I would just be able to run and climb my way through without thought and now it makes me think more.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really love it. It's hands down one of the best additions to the series. Instead of just rushing into things, we actually had to time and plan out how we were going to reach places that required use of the gauge, such as climbing a wall. Beyond that, it adds a sense of realism by causing Link to become tired upon running out. This is one addition that needs to stay in the series from here on out.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I thought it was a really nice addition. I was surprised at how many people just HATED it. I think many of those people simply don't have patience. One critic of the stamina gauge suggested that if they give Link a faster speed, it shouldn't be metered and it should just be his normal speed. I think that's a bit ridiculous. Link being able to just run everywhere without getting tired? How easy do you want the game to be? It really made you plan ahead in the Silent Realms, too. It's definitely better than rolling everywhere and it allows for Link to do some cool parkour-ish looking tricks, so I'd like to see it stay from now on.

However, one player on youtube I watch did point out that it should've been upgradeable at some point in the game (I know, Stamina Potion.. but still) and I would have welcomed that option.

I really liked the idea for all the reasons that have been said. The only complaint I have about it is the location at which the stamina guage appears. It's pretty obnoxious and it took a while to get used to it. It should've been placed above or below the hearts in the form of "stamina meter." That depleted when you ran and such just like the gauge.

I really liked the fact that it depleted when using spin attacks. Gave the game more of a strategic element to combat rather then spamming the spin attack until you win lol.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i liked it, it was annoying when running away from those thing in the Silent Realm only to get tired and smacked but if i was proper ninja like, i wouldn't have been seen by one of those ghosts in the first place. there were some good puzzles based around it, too, so they added a new element to it

I really liked it - it never seemed to hinder me in a fight. But there was one part when we have to climb the great tree in Faron and there are a ton of vines. It annoyed me that I would have to drop down and wait for Link to breathe before climbing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom