• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Possible Boss Names

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, I expect to see Gohma or something similar like Armogohma since that seems like a pretty common theme with Zelda games. A bird-like creature or a dragon-like creature seem likely as well, since we've seen quite a few in the series.

Beeker

Wild Card
We cannot say for sure what these beasties will be named, but I think I have an idea of how they will be named.

I think it'll really depend on what the bosses look like. A common trait of boss names I've noticed in the games is that bosses similar appearancewise share part of their name with another boss/ monster. Gohma is a huge example of that. Queen Gohma(Of OoT) itelf is like an insect creature. In TP, there is another insect boss, Armagohma. Armagohma has similar traits to Queen Gohma(an eye for a weakness and is an insect,for example). I think it's because of this that they share the same name and are part of the same family. So if we saw, say, that scorpion in the game demo, it has lots of eyes on it's body, so I wouldn't be surprised that it had "Gohma" in its name.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Using ideas of what they've named enemies in the past, I think it's possible they will go with something symbolic.

Take Fyrus. Sounds a lot like the word "fire", right? Or Kholdstare. Doesn't it sound like "cold stare"?

Or it could have deeper meaning. Arrghus is named after the hundred-eyed monster in Greek mythology, Argus. Cragma is an attempt to combine the words crag (mountain) and magma.

It could also just state the name of the boss. Angler Fish is...an angler fish. Medusa's Head is...a depiction of Medusa's head.

Take the Scorpion thing, for example. It could be something relating to scorpions, like (excuse my lack of creativity) Stingeye, or Eye Scorpion, or something like that. It could be something like Scorpio, after the constellation, or Chelaeye, referring to its anatomy. It could be something completely different. Or it could just be...scorpion.

We'll just have to watch. And wait.

L

legnase

Well there's probably gonna be a Gohma. Other than that it's anyones guess. Maybe another Dodongo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom