• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Question and Answer Interview

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Hey guys, later today I will be interviewing Alex Plant of Zelda Informer. He was able to get hands on with Skyward Sword last week at E3 and we've posted some of his Impressions here at Zelda Dungeon already. However, now is your chance to ask a question about the game! If you have a question, feel free to post it below, or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Remember, Alex got to play the Demo consisting of three parts.

1. The Flying Segment on Link's Bird.
2. A Dungeon portion of the Sky Temple.
3. A Boss Battle with Lord Ghirahim.

Thus... he is limited as to what he knows, so let's not ask questions such as how many dungeons there are... or major plot pieces that we have no idea.

Alright guys, let's ask away!.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Here's mine,

How often can one swing a sword?
Does it affect the stamina meter?
Do you recover fast after swinging a sword?
Does the stamina meter apply to every action?
When does Phi initially appear?
Is Ghirahim really that intimidating?
How do you recover your sword if Ghirahim takes yours in the first part of the battle?
How hard is it to navigate across the sky?
Are enemies difficult to beat as they say, like the Stalfos in the mini-boss room?
Since a shield can break in SS, how does a shield look like or what do you look like when a shield got broken or burned?

There...I hope you can send these to him.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I suppose my main question would be how does the difficulty of the enemies and bosses feel compared to other games like TP or WW or OoT? One of the videos released from E3 had a comment that every enemy was like a puzzle in and of itself; how true is this, and how do bosses/mini-bosses like the Stalfos compare to normal enemies then?

Do you think the art style really does improve the quality of gameplay? They said they changed the art style from Realism to the water color images because it would be hard to see the weakspots of enemies with the realism. Do you think they made the right choice?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Here's mine,

How often can one swing a sword?
Does it affect the stamina meter?
Do you recover fast after swinging a sword?
Does the stamina meter apply to every action?
When does Phi initially appear?
Is Ghirahim really that intimidating?
How do you recover your sword if Ghirahim takes yours in the first part of the battle?
How hard is it to navigate across the sky?
Are enemies difficult to beat as they say, like the Stalfos in the mini-boss room?
Since a shield can break in SS, how does a shield look like or what do you look like when a shield got broken or burned?

There...I hope you can send these to him.

Some of these questions have already been answered actually, and by Alex Plant nonetheless.

Check the information in this thread, and there's also a video originally posted in a different thread that explains some of this and other stuff, but I'll drop that here for you:

[video=youtube;ckVwh80O2BM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVwh80O2BM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Mostly your questions on the stamina meter and Phi get answered, a bit on Ghirahim and enemy difficulty. There's also other information as well.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Did anyone try to interact with the bird statues? I saw one next to a door in the main room and one next to the boss door, but they were always ignored in the gameplay videos.
What do you think of the Siren World? Is it the Sacred Realm? Or will it become the Twilight Realm?
Both Skyloft and Sky Temple have a large focus on birds and bird symbols, even though one is in the sky and the other on the surface. What do you think is the connection between the two?
(thanks Sarianae)

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
When exactly do you get the Skyward Sword? Jason said it was before the ceremony, but I thought I saw a different sword during the ceremony and when Link was falling after Zelda in the trailer.

Right, ZU actually posted an update on that information. Read this:

"Update: We figured out a plot inconsistency related to where Link gets the Skyward Sword in-game that Jason heard wrong – we’ve updated and fixed the plot summary below!

At the beginning of the game, Link wakes up in Skyloft and goes around meeting villagers and his own Skyloft bird. After this, the winner of the ceremony (Link) gets to spend the night with Zelda – in this case, fueled by some Pixar-style romantic cuteness. During their date, a mysterious tornado sends them both to the surface. Zelda falls, but Link is approached by Phi, the Skyward Sword, and is called to action."

The rest of the info can be found on this page.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
My question: Do you think that Links red bird and the red bird under the Triforce has some connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom