• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Skyward Sword Motion Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
I have some problems that I haven't noticed before about the motion controls in SS. The cursor on the screen react very slowly when I use it. Same with fighting in general. When I use my Wii Remote and attacks something, Link reacts very slowy.

Also when i shall select a file, the hand/cursor also moves slowly. But when I press the home button, the cursor reacts perfectly. What is wrong? Are you guys having the same problem?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
In the home menu, the sysytem uses the IR (Infra-Red) sensor the Wiimote has to move the pointer. Skyward Sword uses the gyroscope on the Wiimote Plus (or Motion Plus, depending on which one you're using) to aim the pointer.

Basically: SS moves the pointer based on the tilt sensor and not the IR sensor, which is the one the home menu and pretty much every other Wii game uses.

The IR places the hand/pointer based on where you're aiming with the Wiimote and the Gyroscope places it based on the Wiimote's position, which is the reason it moves slower.

Hope that helps, since I'm not sure if I said it clearly.

In the home menu, the sysytem uses the IR (Infra-Red) sensor the Wiimote has to move the pointer. Skyward Sword uses the gyroscope on the Wiimote Plus (or Motion Plus, depending on which one you're using) to aim the pointer.

Basically: SS moves the pointer based on the tilt sensor and not the IR sensor, which is the one the home menu and pretty much every other Wii game uses.

The IR places the hand/pointer based on where you're aiming with the Wiimote and the Gyroscope places it based on the Wiimote's position, which is the reason it moves slower.

Hope that helps, since I'm not sure if I said it clearly.

Yep, you did. They really should make an option to set that right. Tilting my wiimote quarter will only move my pointer a little bit. It feels really strange when I'm not sitting lik 5 inches from my TV.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Remember were your sensor bar is, there's a difference if it's below or above your tv. You should be about 10 feet from your tv. If your too close it doesn't work to well because it focuses more the farther you are. Recalibrate it if you need to or press -, pressing - centers the pointer. You don't really need to move the wii remote at all because you can do most of the pointer with the control stick; it might be a little different but it works. You barely need to move the wii remote to do any sword slash.

Remember were your sensor bar is, there's a difference if it's below or above your tv. You should be about 10 feet from your tv. If your too close it doesn't work to well because it focuses more the farther you are. Recalibrate it if you need to or press -, pressing - centers the pointer. You don't really need to move the wii remote at all because you can do most of the pointer with the control stick; it might be a little different but it works. You barely need to move the wii remote to do any sword slash.

That bar has nothing to do with it... tloz:ss doesn't use that bar at all, it does everything using WIFI I think. U guess u coukd play even when the sensor bar isn't even connected.

That bar has nothing to do with it... tloz:ss doesn't use that bar at all, it does everything using WIFI I think. U guess u coukd play even when the sensor bar isn't even connected.

Mostly, yes. After calibrating, you have to point at the center of the screen to let the game know where the TV is. That's the only time I can think of where the IR sensor is used.

SinkingBadges explained that the game uses MotionPlus, not the pointer, and that's important: Pointing at the screen when navigating menus is only part of it. It determines where you point by motion, not where you actually point it. If it moves slowly, it's probably because your hand isn't turning the Wiimote far enough, fast enough. I had to get used to this too.

Anything else is either battery or calibration issues, or possibly something wrong with your Wiimote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom