• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
wait, really? It was clearly 1080p 60fps to me, that's interesting

make sure to buy this game guys! Multiple copies, if you can. I think this is nintendo testing the waters to see how popular the traditional zelda formula is, based off of aonuma's statements. If skyward sword can get in the ballpark of botw's sales, maybe the series isn't doomed?
Lol. As much as I prefer the traditional Zelda formula to the changes BotW made, I’m not sure if I’d go that far

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Last I checked, Zelda is doing very well as a series. BotW aside, the series' legacy is strong enough already to ensure that it will stay that way.
well, breath of the wild is not exactly "Zelda" in the traditional sense
botw doing well and zelda doing well are two very different things
I would rather have the latter

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
well, breath of the wild is not exactly "Zelda" in the traditional sense
botw doing well and zelda doing well are two very different things
I would rather have the latter
I mean, it's a Zelda setting, with Zelda gameplay, Zelda characters, a traditional Zelda story, etc. To say that it isn't Zelda, even if you're speaking in a specific context, is inaccurate.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I mean, for a game that has HD in the title, the final result doesn't look it. The textures look vastly the same as they did on the Wii (flat and uncanny) and the models haven't changed one iota. I'm not impressed on a technical one single bit. This is largely a direct port that probably had a very small, budgeted team working on it, and that's a pity because this is supposed to serve as the first contribution to Zelda's 35th anniversary, allegedly.

That said, I do like the standard controller changes that are being implemented as opposed to the hit-or-miss motion controls. But I won't dismiss the whole marketing campaign behind it when the title feels mislabeled and comparisons to Breath of the Wild's armor upgrades or whatnot are tacky.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
I mean, it's a Zelda setting, with Zelda gameplay, Zelda characters, a traditional Zelda story, etc. To say that it isn't Zelda, even if you're speaking in a specific context, is inaccurate.
sorry, what exactly is zelda gameplay? You and I clearly have different definitions if you think botw is anything like traditional zelda gameplay
the story isn't really traditional either
nonexistent is a slightly more accurate descriptor

anyway, we don't need to be talking about botw in a skyward sword thread

sorry, what exactly is zelda gameplay? You and I clearly have different definitions if you think botw is anything like traditional zelda gameplay
the story isn't really traditional either
nonexistent is a slightly more accurate descriptor

anyway, we don't need to be talking about botw in a skyward sword thread
At the basis of it.
Explore and discover
Find dungeons/items/hearts
Beat boss
Do sidequests that advances you further into the game
Free land from tyrannical evil
Roll end credits

I'm not a fan of many of Breath's decisions either, and I have a lotta nitpicks. However, to say that it is not a Zelda game, is factually incorrect. Especially when the game has returned to its true traditional roots.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
At the basis of it.
Explore and discover
Find dungeons/items/hearts
Beat boss
Do sidequests that advances you further into the game
Free land from tyrannical evil
Roll end credits

I'm not a fan of many of Breath's decisions either, and I have a lotta nitpicks. However, to say that it is not a Zelda game, is factually incorrect. Especially when the game has returned to its true traditional roots.
that's not...
ok
I'm over it smile

man those joycons
can't wait

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just hope they do something about the God awful Skyloftian character models. The landscapes are fine but man most of the character designs in SS are a total miss and I am not at all excited to see them in HD.

Still getting the game though. I'm intrigued by the new button controls, though they don't seem particularly intuitive. The joycons have pretty smooth motion controls usually so I imagine it will be a much more fluid experience than the original game.

Nintendo has never been good at making remakes anything more than glorified ports so I don't think there is any reason to assume SSHD will be different from the original aside from the usual minor QoL upgrades they make.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
I'm kind of disappointed that Nintendo decided to remake SS, tbh. I mean. think about it:
1. Considering how heavily SS relied on the motion controls, there is bound to be issues putting all of the action into the analog stick
2. It came out so recently. I get that ten years is a long time, but its waaaaay easier to find a Wii than it is to find, say, a Game Boy Advance, at least for me.
3. I don't know what else Nintendo is planning for Zelda's 35th, but but it feels kinda cheap to just remake the game they did for the 25th anniversary. Kinda a preference, but still minorly annoying.

Also I totally agree that people need to buy this and show Nintendo we like original Zelda, but since I swore never to play SS again there is no WAY i'm getting it

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I'm kind of disappointed that Nintendo decided to remake SS, tbh. I mean. think about it:
1. Considering how heavily SS relied on the motion controls, there is bound to be issues putting all of the action into the analog stick
2. It came out so recently. I get that ten years is a long time, but its waaaaay easier to find a Wii than it is to find, say, a Game Boy Advance, at least for me.
3. I don't know what else Nintendo is planning for Zelda's 35th, but but it feels kinda cheap to just remake the game they did for the 25th anniversary. Kinda a preference, but still minorly annoying.

Also I totally agree that people need to buy this and show Nintendo we like original Zelda, but since I swore never to play SS again there is no WAY i'm getting it
Not to mention they should really be focusing their time on the project that everybody wants, which is BotW 2. We’ve gotten no news whatsoever after one trailer in 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom