• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Graphics

It was great they did this, some people didn't like WW style, other didn't lik TP style, so the combination was a good choice.

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
The graphics made Link look slightly childish, while in TP he was very serious looking, and there was a lot of dark undertones in him.
(I bought Skyward Sword right after I replayed Twilight Princess for the millionth time.)
The one thing about the SS graphics I loved was when the door slams shut in any boss battle, the look on Link's face is really realistic and plain adorable.

I loved the graphics. They did a wonderful job animating the characters and making the world come alive.

Ignoring the fact that the graphics made Link look closer to a girl than ever before, I loved this style of graphics. It has nothing to do because it was a good middle-ground for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess graphic styles, but because Nintendo utilized the power of the Nintendo Wii to its fullest capabilities. Going for a strait realistic look like Twilight Princess wouldn't pan out too well due to the Wii's technological shortcummings, and going for the cell-shaded approach would peeve off a lot of Zelda veterans. Nintendo knew this, and instead of going for one absoloutle, they blended the two together to make one of the most beautiful games Nintendo has seen in my opinion.

I really loved it. TP was so dark, despite the good graphics, so that kinda ruined them for me. But I think the cell shading really toned down the dark factor in a way.

L

LinkSkywardSpen

I feel like the only person on earth who truly didn't enjoy the graphics of WW. It was just too childish. And OBVIOUSLY he was a child, but I still felt like i was watching a show on Cartoon Network, rather than playing a video game.

Plus...those eyes....freaked me out.

i loved it, but i think link could've looked... better. he looked like an indecisive man/woman. i know he's sexier than that! i mean, take a look at ocarina of time and twilight princess! link got less attractive once skyward sword graphics came in!

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
i liked the graphics a lot. they really fit the game. but when they make a zelda WiiU they need to use twilight princess-style graphics.

The graphics were great. Hate when people get so graphic orientated and think that its the most important part of a game.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I personally loved the graphic style and use of colors in the game. I especially like how the farther into the distance something was, the more of an actual impressionisticness painting it looked like. I really enjoyed the way they did it. The whole game seemed lighter though and I tend to lean towards the darker parts of Zelda games. It worked for me though!

Braivety

FPT | Breb
I really liked them. Although i prefer the really detailed graphics, im also a big fan of the cell shading. Although, what I really want, is for them to put as much effort into a Zelda game with graphics. make it look as realistic as possible. that would be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom