• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: Elements from PH and ST

M

Majora Aurora

It seems as though Twilight Princess was made yesterday. Memories of the game are still with everyone (good or bad), but it's hard to believe that that game came out in 2006! That's four years without a console Zelda from Nintendo; however, in-between TP and the future release of SS, two new Zelda games were created. Not for console, but for the DS. I can't help but imagine that Nintendo has plans to take ideas from those DS games, and put them into SS. We already know that it has the Whip from ST, but what other items might make an appearance from the DS titles? Will ideas such as a centralized dungeon make an appearance? (I sure hope not)
-I'm curious as to what you guys believe. Please post your thoughts. :)

I really hope they don't take ideas from the DS games. Phantom Hourglass had horrible travel and the items weren't the greatest. I'd much prefer they don't take from those games, and do something new, or at least different, instead.

Kybyrian

I'm with Kitsu. I seriously hope they don't take much from the games. Maybe a couple items is okay, but that's as far as I want anything from those two horrible games to step into Skyward Sword. The idea of the boat and train wasn't very good. It made the travel more restricted, something I don't like at all. It also took forever to get to another place, and it felt like you weren't really doing anything but rather sitting there and being bored. The whole Tower of Spirits/Temple of the Ocean King was a HORRIBLE idea as well. I put extreme emphasis on the horrible. I hated having to go back there all the time. I'd prefer if they have a nice game with something we haven't seen before, or something a lot different and definitely not like the two recent Zelda games. I would hate to see anything aside from the items put into Skyward Sword. I really would.

I honestly really want a central dungeon and something revolving around the Spirit Tracks, but I know the ST will not happen since they are in new Hyrule and the Spirit War was after OoT... I can almost gaurentee a central dungeon, but lets agree to disagree. (So do not deREP me for that... If you do, give a reason, deREPing is for suggestions revolving posting.) I can imagine a large tower that looks similer to the tower of spirits (not a referance or anything, just a tower like it in my mind) with a corieolas effect around it. (Spelled that right?) And on those clouds around it are floating land (not clouds, land) with life on it. And they somehow manage to turn the clouds into drinking water. The tower would hve to be huge and forbiden. (Like the Pyramid in FSA.) I can imagine anceint technolagy like the Spinner there (not exactly the spinner, but at the same level of advancment). Does anyone have any opinoins on my vision skyloft?

P.S.: I realised this after rereading, the Tower is not on Skyloft, it is on the land before but reaches high above skyloft and there is some sort of entrance in skyloft.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Not that I hate ST or PH but I do not at all want them meshing with SS. There should be a Deep line beetween toon handheld and somewhat realalistc. Items are okay, but I wasn't such a big fan of the Boat/Train scenario. It was fine for the DS and such, but not a console..

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Though the DS team is helping with SS, I doubt we'll see as many structural similarities as ideas and themes. Most of the gameplay was finished before ST was done, so all the DS team has to work with is storytelling and dungeon design (probably more...I'm not a game designer so I don't know exactly what kinds of things they do in what order). So we may see a few similar puzzles and some small easter eggs in NPC dialogue and such, which I would enjoy.

I think Skyloft should be implemented in a similar way as the Spirit Tower in that it connects the regions (though the annoying* dungeon can go) and be customizable like the Spirit Train or the steamboat. But again, these are more structural/gameplay things so they probably won't happen.

*I didn't really find it too annoying, but of course it just wouldn't fit in Skyloft, and many other people apparently thought it was annoying.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
The DS titles are in the bottom half of my favorite Zelda games list but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. I really hope they take some elements of puzzles found in PH and ST because I thought most of them were very innovative. The "hit switch 1 third, hit switch 2 first, etc." kind of puzzles were great and are just the kind of creativity we need in Zelda puzzles. I also thought that some of the items from ST, like the whirlwind, were fun and unique and I'd like to see those items again in another Zelda game. Another thing I'd like to see (well.. hear) is more music using the pan flute. Most songs in ST had the pan flute in them and it made the game feel so relaxing. I'd love to hear more of that.

On the other hand, things that I don't want to appear again are the train, steamboat, central dungeon, and the level of difficulty found in the DS titles.

I am going to quote myself from the collectable thread.
I really want collectables. I was playing this fan game, Time to Triumph, they had Force Gems as collectables. (Not like in FSA.) So I think that would be a great idea. Force Gems have been neglected to be used since FSA, but PH and ST started using them, and ZSS is made by the same people as PH and ST, so I think in some shape or form they may appear.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I can kinda see them taking some elements from the DS games, and tieing them in somehow, but I don't want too many elements from them. This is a new gamestyle, let's have new elements.

R

Rikuide

I wasn't a huge fan of either Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. There's little about either that I would like to see in Skyward Sword.

I have a feeling Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were made to get lots of new casual gamers into the series. I know my girlfriend didn't like Zelda until i got her to play Phantom Hourglass, and now shes playing Spirit Tracks. Its the right difficulty and it has the right flavor to get new people into the series. Since the DS sells way way more than the Wii, its a good casual system to get new players in. With this new game I have a feeling it will have enough casual flavor to get people into it, but the game itself will have a lot great appeal to hardcore zelda fans. Kinda like Super Mario galaxy 2.
I have a feeling much of the DS titles content and the way it was put together was just for those DS titles. SS will have its own set of rules.

I have a good feeling the next original 3DS zelda game will appeal to hardcore zelda fans because the system is for a more hardcore audience. They dont even want children playing it cuz it will hurt their eyes. Same goes if the make a Wii successor it will have a zelda with even more appeal to the hardcore audience because the next system will probably be more a more hardcore audience, but we'll see.

I hope not. I really was not a big fan of PH, and ST. I found them to be boring. The dungeons in those game were really easy, and the puzzles were pretty simple. Plus they were really gimmicky.
I don't want to ever see the boat, and train appear again. They weren't fun, and with the train, you sometimes had to depend on luck to avoid the other trains.
And I never want to see a dungeon that you have to keep going back to like the ones in PH, and ST again.

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
I really want a hammer, but otherwise nothing from the two games all all! Well, the Phantoms were cool, but if they put Iron knuckles in the game, that would be better!

No. The DS games thus far have been horrible when compared to the rest of the series. Nothing from those games met expectations, and it seemed like all Nintendo cared about was making sure they played with the stylus as much as possible so we'd feel it was "innovative." I really hope they don't do the same thing with SS, especially concerning the motion controls. Yeah, a few items would be okay; we already have the whip. But really, what would you WANT other than that? Because the two DS titles really didn't do anything right besides presenting cool ideas and failing to even make them fun to play with. I honestly hope next to no influence from the DS titles are present. Go off TP; it would be far better that way.

G

Gon-Gorooon

Well, I really like the sand wand, but it would probably make no sense in a 3d game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom